Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 11-20-2006, 04:23 PM   #1
sumo
Team Captain

Member Number: 3047
Default Heath Miller - still waiting

I think we are neglecting one of our best weapons on offense - with the way we run the football, waggle type plays should be there all day for a good TE like Miller -(see Crumpler).

Besides Ward, who can you trust downfield when Ben drops back to pass? I know the position in the Steeler's offense requires good blocking more than anything else - but Miller is money and we should be going to him more...

"The Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ..the Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ...you wanna crown their a--, then crown'em..." Dennis Green - voted Best Damn Quote by Fox Sports and Sumo-2006

Last edited by sumo; 11-20-2006 at 04:41 PM.
sumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 04:46 PM   #2
ChronoCross
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2201
Default Re: Heath Miller - still waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumo View Post
I think we are neglecting one of our best weapons on offense - with the way we run the football, waggle type plays should be there all day for a good TE like Miller -(see Crumpler).

Besides Ward, who can you trust downfield when Ben drops back to pass? I know the position in the Steeler's offense requires good blocking more than anything else - but Miller is money and we should be going to him more...
I think were not using him as much as we should ether. He was big money for us last year thru the season and playoffs. You think they would keep with it. Ive been waiting and waiting to see more action out of him. Big target, great hands, play maker.
ChronoCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 04:50 PM   #3
BigDuke6
Banned

Member Number: 2238

Love Miller's YAC. He ALWAYS gets positive YAC and he never.......I aint saying it cause I dont want to jinx him.
BigDuke6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 04:59 PM   #4
Infamix
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 917

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDuke6 View Post
Love Miller's YAC. He ALWAYS gets positive YAC and he never.......I aint saying it cause I dont want to jinx him.
haha I am not going to risk jinxing him either
Infamix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 05:23 PM   #5
Midnightwriter07
Starter

Member Number: 2305

Well Ben needs to look for him more. Miller is often one of the options and someone Ben can always check down too.. i think the problem right now is more of Ben than what Whiz is calling. Miller is a great weapon to have... Hopefully Ben will look his way more often.
Midnightwriter07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 06:00 PM   #6
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightwriter07 View Post
Well Ben needs to look for him more. Miller is often one of the options and someone Ben can always check down too.. i think the problem right now is more of Ben than what Whiz is calling. Miller is a great weapon to have... Hopefully Ben will look his way more often.
The decision should be taken out of Ben's hands and Whiz should have some more situationally designed plays where Heath is the primary receiver.
Miller is a total package and the Steelers are squandering his ability.
Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 06:11 PM   #7
sumo
Team Captain

Member Number: 3047

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambridge View Post
The decision should be taken out of Ben's hands and Whiz should have some more situationally designed plays where Heath is the primary receiver.
Miller is a total package and the Steelers are squandering his ability.
I agree - play action to Heath ... it will also open up the run more because LBS won't be crowding the line of scrimmage so much - we are not attacking the middle of the field enough..

"The Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ..the Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ...you wanna crown their a--, then crown'em..." Dennis Green - voted Best Damn Quote by Fox Sports and Sumo-2006
sumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 06:24 PM   #8
paw-n-maul-u
Banned

Member Number: 2942

i disagree. i remember seeing an article on ESPN.com about all the metrics taken into consideration when ranking TE's. KC joyner pointed out that if heath miller had 3 or so more catches (enough to give him 40 on the year , and for the purpose of comparing him to all of the other TE's with 40+ receptions which was the criteria for the comparison) than he would have been the overall best TE at blocking/making catches when thrown to ... YAC ... etc. but what really has impressed me is heaths blocking. I dont think he gets as many oppurtunities becasue he is used more as a blocker than many of us would like. yes, he does have glue like hands, but the suspect play of our o-line, i dont mind it if he isnt racking up lots of stats (and thats saying a lot because hes 1 of 2 TE's on my fantasy team). i would like to see him used more in the redzone situations though. it seems like thats where a lot of our turnovers seem to come and with his hands, how can you NOT look in his direction ... not to mention he probably has a good 3-4 inches on most of the DB's/ LB's that he would be matched up against
paw-n-maul-u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 06:41 PM   #9
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,471 Times in 2,384 Posts

If they started passing more to him it would probably open a few other things up with having to commit some coverage for him.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Last edited by MACH1; 11-20-2006 at 06:56 PM.
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 06:49 PM   #10
BigDuke6
Banned

Member Number: 2238

Ask the Dolphins how to cover Heath.
BigDuke6 is offline   Reply With Quote