Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-21-2006, 11:37 AM   #1
sumo
Team Captain

Member Number: 3047
Default MNF Observations

Here are my observations from yesterday's MNF Game:

Theismann is a tool...

Cornheiser's comb over keeps getting worse every week - for some reason, ESPN keeps showing it at the best possible viewing angle, so that even the most casual viewer can see exactly where he parts in down by his ear and greases over the top of his head...

They have guests on every week and the guests try to do commentary on the game while answering stupid questions from Corn and Theismann - awkward and hard to listen to...(this week they showed family pics of the Barbers, asked stupid questions, and had Ronde do commentary- all during live action)

On the sideline, I saw back up QB Jared Lorenzen talking to Eli - Jared has got to be the fattest person in the NFL.. I really would like to see him try and play in a regular season game - makes Sonny Jurgeson look like Kate Moss...

The refs still suck - Plax caught a 15 yard pass over the middle and gets hit - his knee is clearly down -but when he gets slammed to the turf, the balls pops out - the refs of course let it go and call it a fumble because they have no balls -- they spend about 4 minutes on instant replay during which Corn and Theisman are convinced it's taking so long because they have to place the ball back where Plax landed - after all this, the ref comes out and says incomplete pass!!!!!!????? - They continue to defy all logic - you think after Troy's int in the playoffs and a similiar play a few weeks ago with Jermaine Wiggins - they could get these right - NFL needs to fix this ...

Eli is the one of the most overrated QBs in the NFL - with the way the league is now, QBS have to consistently complete at least 60% of their passes - don't know if Eli will ever get there - and when he's bad - he's really bad....

Garard is one of the most underrated QBs in the NFL - Jags have been wasting time with Leftwich at QB - I have seen Garard in three games this year - he's very good

"The Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ..the Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ...you wanna crown their a--, then crown'em..." Dennis Green - voted Best Damn Quote by Fox Sports and Sumo-2006

Last edited by sumo; 11-21-2006 at 11:44 AM.
sumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 12:23 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,176 Times in 2,657 Posts
Default Re: MNF Observations

plex's catch was clearly a catch. nowadays the refs want a player to catch the ball, land, spin around, moonwalk, do the hokey pokey, and then make a football move before they will rule it a catch.

there are 2 rules that the refs have completely forgotten about and the league needs to remind them they still exist:

1) the ground cannot cause a fumble.

2) the keyshawn johnson rule- remember this one? as long as both hands are under the ball, it is secure, and if the tip of the ball touches the ground it is still a completion?
in the past 5 years they have correctly ruled on this once. hundereds of other times it has been ruled incomplete.

oh, and "jacked up" is the best thing to happen to the halftime show in years.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 12:39 PM   #3
sumo
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
plex's catch was clearly a catch. nowadays the refs want a player to catch the ball, land, spin around, moonwalk, do the hokey pokey, and then make a football move before they will rule it a catch.

there are 2 rules that the refs have completely forgotten about and the league needs to remind them they still exist:

1) the ground cannot cause a fumble.

2) the keyshawn johnson rule- remember this one? as long as both hands are under the ball, it is secure, and if the tip of the ball touches the ground it is still a completion?
in the past 5 years they have correctly ruled on this once. hundereds of other times it has been ruled incomplete.

oh, and "jacked up" is the best thing to happen to the halftime show in years.
Good points Tony - and I agree with you on "Jacked Up" - I just re-read my post and realized it was all pretty negative - I will always watch MNF no matter what - it's still the best show of the week...I'm just highly critical, because I've been watching it since I was little punk..

"The Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ..the Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ...you wanna crown their a--, then crown'em..." Dennis Green - voted Best Damn Quote by Fox Sports and Sumo-2006
Old 11-21-2006, 01:16 PM   #4
boLT fan
Team Captain

Member Number: 901

My observation: Eli Sucks.
boLT fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 01:35 PM   #5
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Eli is such an overrated peice of garbage.Everyone in the media and every Giant fan is convinced he's the next coming of Jesus Christ,that his pedigree will get him through (by the way,his pedigree has as many Super Bowl appearances as the Clowns do).

When the Clowns drafted (C)ouch at least everyone knew he was overrated.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 01:39 PM   #6
sumo
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by boLT fan View Post
My observation: Eli Sucks.
Everybody in San Diego has got to be happy about this - he thought he was the next John Elway turning down San Diego...

Old 11-21-2006, 01:43 PM   #7
boLT fan
Team Captain

Member Number: 901

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumo View Post
Everybody in San Diego has got to be happy about this - he thought he was the next John Elway turning down San Diego...
It's great watching Eli struggle.

And I love how he pouts so much when he messes up. He has great character.
boLT fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 01:52 PM   #8
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Eli is the one of the most overrated QBs in the NFL - with the way the league is now, QBS have to consistently complete at least 60% of their passes - don't know if Eli will ever get there - and when he's bad - he's really bad....

Garard is one of the most underrated QBs in the NFL - Jags have been wasting time with Leftwich at QB - I have seen Garard in three games this year - he's very good

But David Garrard isn't completing 60% of his passes either. In fact Garrard is only completing 53% of his passes and hasn't completed 60% of his passes in any of this starts this year. So while bashing Eli for not completing 60% of his passes. Then you might as well bash Garrard also.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 03:31 PM   #9
sumo
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32 View Post

But David Garrard isn't completing 60% of his passes either. In fact Garrard is only completing 53% of his passes and hasn't completed 60% of his passes in any of this starts this year. So while bashing Eli for not completing 60% of his passes. Then you might as well bash Garrard also.
Excellent point, and I shouldn't make a blanket statement like that without some qualifiers - but Garrard has not been a consistent starter - if you look at his stats, over 4 games, his completion % has gone up each game - I guess the jury is still out on him and I will admit that I'm not a Byron Leftwich fan either - but Eli - geez the guy has almost 3 seasons as a starter - and he's at 53.0 - he's also throwing some Aaron Brooks type ints that make you go hmmmmmmmm...

Old 11-21-2006, 03:35 PM   #10
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225

Cornheiser has a head for radio. If he'd jsut admit he's bald and lose the combover I could respect him a little bit more.

Honestly... if the Steelers aren't playing on MNF, I'm not watching it. I'll tune in long enough to get the score but other than that I can't stand it now. Stupid me thought Madden was getting hard to listen to... I didn't know how bad it could be.