Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-24-2006, 08:29 AM   #1
Indy_Steelers
Team Captain

Member Number: 1117
Default Joey Porter Interview

It is great to hear the story straight from Joey Porter's mouth.
I will try to make it a point to get my info from the Pittsburgh media instead of the lazy reporters at ESPN or any other spot.

This link has a video with it.
http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/...34/detail.html
Old 11-24-2006, 08:41 AM   #2
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: Joey Porter Interview

"I never knew it was a bad thing," said Porter. "If you go in there and ask, I mean, all I did was ask. All they can do is say, 'No.'".

It's not a bad thing when it's done behind closed doors. But when you publicly bring it up twice in one season, expect to take some heat. When Joey publicly brings up his displeasure with his contract, I have a hard time imagining the Rooney's smiling large at 100 Art Rooney Avenue.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 11-24-2006 at 08:47 AM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 04:42 PM   #3
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

he does deserve more money, based on the market. But he signed the contract, play it out, shut up, thank you very much for your time, I loved you the entire time you were here, but I`ll loive your replacement also.
Old 11-24-2006, 05:02 PM   #4
ChronoCross
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2201

If Joey does not like it, there is always someone behind him to take his spot.
ChronoCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 05:19 PM   #5
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

For all the people saying all these bad things about Porter, then just how do you think he will do with someone else in another scheme like a 4-3? If he leaves Pittsburgh and he goes to Dallas he will NOT be the same player there or in Washington. I like Porter and for those who are bashing him he is one of the biggest leaders we have on our Defensive side of the ball.. just remember that.. Haggans hasnt done that much this year either. I think that in the upcoming draft we will be looking at talent there...
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 05:50 PM   #6
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedosesteelers2006 View Post

For all the people saying all these bad things about Porter, then just how do you think he will do with someone else in another scheme like a 4-3? If he leaves Pittsburgh and he goes to Dallas he will NOT be the same player there or in Washington. I like Porter and for those who are bashing him he is one of the biggest leaders we have on our Defensive side of the ball.. just remember that.. Haggans hasnt done that much this year either. I think that in the upcoming draft we will be looking at talent there...
I`m not bashing, but he can be replaced. I hated to see Llyodd go, but Gildon was ready, I hated to see Gildon go. The point is we need physical fast lb`s, and he is getting older. He signed the cotract at a bad time, he should have taken a shorter contract, then he would have been younger and the Steelers would have did what was needed. You cannot blame the Steelers if they don`t throw in the towel and give him what he wants. They have a future to look at.
Will Porter be great somewhere else?? Was Llyodd, or Gildon, or Holmes, or Kirkland etc.
Old 11-24-2006, 06:39 PM   #7
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

No, those players were not really that good anywhere else... I agree that Porter should play out his deal and I hope that the Steelers play their cards right because I dont think we have anyone right now to replace him...
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 08:14 PM   #8
ChronoCross
Assistant Coach

No bashing to Porter, hate to loose him, but even I do not think the Steelers will pay him what he probably wants, then you have Troy and Big Bens contract coming up to. Who will we loose is the question you have to ask. And I personally would rather keep Troy and Ben. And even people that do not like Ike right now have to think he is young and one of the fastest corners in the league and is in a slump right now but he is also coming up for signing. And this are not little contracts were talking about. Rooney's do not pull year in and year out crap like the Eagles and Redskins do by giving extremely large contracts with big bonuses to only play the guy for a couple years then ask him to redo are cut them. Steelers do long term deals at smaller prices but we keep the people that do sign the deals. Since we won a SB some of this guys will want to much and eventually we will see how many we loose to players asking to much and go to other teams because steelers will not give them what they want. There is so much coming up this off season, people will think the sky is falling.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:42 PM   #9
NV STEELERS 723
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2572

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoCross View Post
No bashing to Porter, hate to loose him, but even I do not think the Steelers will pay him what he probably wants, then you have Troy and Big Bens contract coming up to. Who will we loose is the question you have to ask. And I personally would rather keep Troy and Ben. And even people that do not like Ike right now have to think he is young and one of the fastest corners in the league and is in a slump right now but he is also coming up for signing. And this are not little contracts were talking about. Rooney's do not pull year in and year out crap like the Eagles and Redskins do by giving extremely large contracts with big bonuses to only play the guy for a couple years then ask him to redo are cut them. Steelers do long term deals at smaller prices but we keep the people that do sign the deals. Since we won a SB some of this guys will want to much and eventually we will see how many we loose to players asking to much and go to other teams because steelers will not give them what they want. There is so much coming up this off season, people will think the sky is falling.
It's not a big deal to lose Joey...But it is to lose Ben and Troy
.....I wonder how much the ROONEYS will fork over to keep Ben... he has 2 more yrs left on a 5 yr contract...

Troy on the other hand wants to stay in Pittsburgh...Troy will accept less to play here... they don't make men like often...
NV STEELERS 723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 09:53 PM   #10
ChronoCross
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NV STEELERS 723 View Post
It's not a big deal to lose Joey...But it is to lose Ben and Troy
.....I wonder how much the ROONEYS will fork over to keep Ben... he has 2 more yrs left on a 5 yr contract...

Troy on the other hand wants to stay in Pittsburgh...Troy will accept less to play here... they don't make men like often...
Ya I think troy will play for less like Ward. Ward could of went somewhere else and got alot more money but he took less and stayed and will retire a steeler.