Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-24-2006, 11:24 AM   #1
herewegosteelers
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3250
Default I bet a $100

Well last night a guy was talking so much crap about the Steelers. I got so fed up, I was about to knock him off his seat. But instead I bet him $100 on Sundays game against the Ravens. Now don't get me wrong I have total faith in my boys. But I think I should have just knocked him off his seat. I usually dont gamble. I am in a football pool at work but thats only $2.00 a week
But the money isn't really the real issue, its just that this guy was such a jerk

Come on boys!! Don't let me loose to this A-HOLE

Old 11-24-2006, 11:41 AM   #2
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 545
Default Re: I bet a $100

I hope you got points.
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 01:04 PM   #3
BigDuke6
Banned

Member Number: 2238

You dont need points !!! You will win the hun. Although shutting those kind of jerks up is more than worth the dough.
BigDuke6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 01:16 PM   #4
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by herewegosteelers View Post
Well last night a guy was talking so much crap about the Steelers. I got so fed up, I was about to knock him off his seat. But instead I bet him $100 on Sundays game against the Ravens. Now don't get me wrong I have total faith in my boys. But I think I should have just knocked him off his seat. I usually dont gamble. I am in a football pool at work but thats only $2.00 a week
But the money isn't really the real issue, its just that this guy was such a jerk

Come on boys!! Don't let me loose to this A-HOLE

(I think he is on this site and calls himself purple fever...did he spout alot of nonsence and very little facts?)
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 01:27 PM   #5
Tankus_Maximus
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 519

spout alot of nonsense & very little facts??? Sounds like CS85!

"I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me." -Rorschach
Tankus_Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 03:10 PM   #6
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

If you got baited into a $100 bet that you are already regretting then you've already lost.

Personally speaking, I only just about covered last week with the Steelers and that was against the freakin' Browns!

I'll be putting my money on the Ravens tomorrow - I havent seen such good odds on an 8-2 at home to a 4-6 team in quite a while.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 03:18 PM   #7
slashsteel

Member Number:

Turnovers. Which Steelers have had more than we like to see. I think the bet is a good one, the talent is there for a win. And sometimes a desperate team can surprise a few. Not that it would shock me, I expect a win! Go Steelers!
Old 11-24-2006, 03:40 PM   #8
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
If you got baited into a $100 bet that you are already regretting then you've already lost.

Personally speaking, I only just about covered last week with the Steelers and that was against the freakin' Browns!

I'll be putting my money on the Ravens tomorrow - I havent seen such good odds on an 8-2 at home to a 4-6 team in quite a while.

NM
They didn`t cover here. 4.5 was the line. As far as them not coivering against the friggin browns, that has no baring on this game. The browns could not score an offensive td.

We will win outright, by 17. 27-10. McNair is playing over his head, and the defense will bite on everything Sun.
But you should have knocked him out anyway
Old 11-24-2006, 04:08 PM   #9
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks View Post
They didn`t cover here. 4.5 was the line. As far as them not coivering against the friggin browns, that has no baring on this game. The browns could not score an offensive td.

We will win outright, by 17. 27-10. McNair is playing over his head, and the defense will bite on everything Sun.
But you should have knocked him out anyway
You know, I probably would have taken the bet at 4.5 aswell - I guess I was lucky to get it at 3.5 instead.

27-10 seems optimistic to me, but you never know I guess.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 04:15 PM   #10
herewegosteelers
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post

NM
See if I take you out with my winnings!!