Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 07-29-2005, 12:55 AM   #11
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Default Re: Would you hold out ?

none of us do. It sux big time !!!! You always think of the worst, and me being a bit of a pessimist doesnt help either :(
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 06:13 AM   #12
SteelerFanInATL
Team Captain

Member Number: 369

That is a tough question considering the thread I made about what is more important?
The main thing that Hines has to complain about is the fact the last year the Steelers told him that he would be priority this year. All the draft choices are all signed, and here we
are 2 days away from training camp, talks just started this past monday, with only one offer, where is the priority. Ward has done all they have asked. Remember he was going to sit out last year at this time, until Cowher made the phone call. He has said that he does not want to break the bank just garanteeded money. They offered a 9 Mil bonus, he wants more like 12 Mil, give it to him and lets move on. Most of the time when the Steelers
are in this postion they have someone waiting in the wing who they have been grooming.
Not in this case. Hines Ward deserves the money so lets pay him and make that run for the Super Bowl for the next couple years. Now to answer the question, for me it would be a hard choice to hold out or not. The Steelers promised to make him priority and get him under contract which they have not done yet, but to sit out could mean missing out on a strong chance of going to the Super Bowl this year. Again I will ask which is more important, getting paid or winning the big game???
SteelerFanInATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 07:30 AM   #13
steelersgirl86
Starter

Member Number: 331

Well at least we all know we want the same thing...Please Sign Ward......
Old 07-29-2005, 10:36 AM   #14
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109

wouldn't hold out. One its shows your true colors that sure money is your target. Two, it leaves a bad taste in the FO mouth, Three it doesn't advance you anymore in your contract so you don't become a FA or showcase your talents for that last year. Sign now or play hard and collect numerous offers for $10-12 million at the end of the year.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:00 AM   #15
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 420

Hell yeah I would hold out, if I was an explosive reciever like Hines I would get as much as I can...If the steelers wouldn't pay me 60 million and only offered me 50 it's almost guaranteed another team will give it too me....there is 31 other teams out there and half of them need a receiver.
bengalsfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 11:30 AM   #16
LambertIsGod58
Team President

Member Number: 410

I have to agree with SFin Atl...I'm not sure what's more important to Hines. I can't believe 50 million isn't enough. I love Hines, but we really don't need this. Not after the year we had.

"Life is a journey and you never arrive" Chuck Noll 1969-91
LambertIsGod58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 01:02 PM   #17
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalsfan21
Hell yeah I would hold out, if I was an explosive reciever like Hines I would get as much as I can...If the steelers wouldn't pay me 60 million and only offered me 50 it's almost guaranteed another team will give it too me....there is 31 other teams out there and half of them need a receiver.
Would you go to the Bears or the Cardinals next year?
Unless I am mistaken no teams have any wiggle room on their salary cap for minor free agency signings - let alone the numbers Hines is alledgedly looking for.

Who knows? A good rookie WR may fall to the Steelers in next years draft...when you draft at 30

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 03:26 PM   #18
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Would you go to the Bears or the Cardinals next year?
Unless I am mistaken no teams have any wiggle room on their salary cap for minor free agency signings - let alone the numbers Hines is alledgedly looking for.

Who knows? A good rookie WR may fall to the Steelers in next years draft...when you draft at 30

NM
If I was wanting the money I would go too the highest bidder, if I wanted respect I would stay where I was and if I wanted a super bowl ring I would go to the Patriots :D ....I wanted to say Bengals but thats a few years away.
bengalsfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 03:43 PM   #19
TheTeenieSteeler
Water Boy

Member Number: 503

They will work things out between them for sure. The Rooney's have to pay him. Yes if I was Hines I would hold out. Remember they worked out a"special" deal for Tommy. Come on Hines is a top 6 WR in the NFL. He does all the little things (block) he is very unselfish. Its time he gets rewarded for it. This is America you try to make as much as you can and I don't blame him for holding out. Its time he gets paid. He doesn't need camp either. The only thing this hurts is Big Ben not throwing to him during camp.
TheTeenieSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 03:44 PM   #20
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

If you give in to every Hines Ward, then the flood gates have opened. He was given a more than fair contract offer. He should not be considered the best receiver in the NFL. To us he is great, a great all round wide receiver. He and his agent know that they have the Steelers right where they want them. With Plax gone , he knows that we need him that much more. This is turning out to be highway robbery. I`m am curious to see what the Steelers think, were they planning on paying more? Are they embarrassed and insulted that he turned down the chance to be the highest paid Steeler ever?