Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 07-29-2005, 02:59 PM   #21
atlsteelers
Starter

Member Number: 216
Default Re: Would you hold out ?

i would hold out if:

- i was not being offered a fair contract,
- i played in a city like cleveland,
- if my qb was kyle boller

i would sign for $1 to get a chance to put on a steeler uniform and play for the greatest fans and franchise in the NFL

Last edited by atlsteelers; 07-29-2005 at 03:00 PM. Reason: spelling
atlsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 03:16 PM   #22
TheTeenieSteeler
Water Boy

Member Number: 503

This isn't T.O. who signs a contract one year and demands more the next year. This isn't Javaon Walker who has one good season and demands more money. This is Hines Ward the hardest working, a very dominent WR, and a class act. Its easy to say if I were Hines I would play for $500,000 this year. Thats crap I would hold out if I could get $12 mill up front and yearly salary int he millions. Who wouldn't?

Anyway Cleve I was told you are the person to find out about eating after practice in Latrobe. Any suggetions?
TheTeenieSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 03:35 PM   #23
burghbaby
Water Boy

Member Number: 504

he is greedy and selfish but thats not the side everyone see,only if you know him on a personal level, but all you see is the fake front that he puts on in front of the t.v. screen for all his interviews, like he is so perfect or something. Let him go to another team, he dont have that many years left in him anyway. He won't make or break the team, yeah he is an asset, but for you die hard steelers fans if they get rid of him are you saying that the team cant go on to a superbowl without him? I hope not, once again... money talks and bullsh*t walks... so walk on Ward. Deep down you know he still will be here somehow but hopefully someone else wants him and then ya'll can get a fresh, young WR next year!!!
burghbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 03:50 PM   #24
TheTeenieSteeler
Water Boy

Member Number: 503

There isn't that many good WRs in the league. You gotta hang onto this guy if you can. Greed....please........this is AMERICA.........the harder you are to be replaced the more bread you will bring home. That simple. That goes with any job out there. The harder you are to be replaced the more you will earn. Don't get mad at a guy for trying to have millions. Wouldn't you like those millions? When was the last time you talked to Hines? Since you know the "true Hines".
TheTeenieSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 04:33 PM   #25
Ironman
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 320

My take on this is very simple and is unique to the Steelers and perhaps the Panthers. Wide Recievers are not worth 50 million in this system. That's the bottom line. I love Hines Ward... but that 86 will fit over someone else's pads if need be.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:57 PM   #26
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 420

Come on you guys are complaining bc he wants to be paid........This man has carried your offense many times and you didn't complain too pay him nothing at all, he gave now he wants to get so I say you guys need to give now.
bengalsfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 05:27 PM   #27
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman
My take on this is very simple and is unique to the Steelers and perhaps the Panthers. Wide Recievers are not worth 50 million in this system. That's the bottom line. I love Hines Ward... but that 86 will fit over someone else's pads if need be.
Literally speaking u r correct, they can make an 86 to fit anybody ;) ...but figuratively, I'd agree w/ one of our bengal friens there that Hines is a mainstay of this team. He's meant so much to the team for so long now, I'd be hard pressed to give that up without a good long fight to keep him.

I'd also agree that WR's in our offense are different than many. The fair market value is a grey area in our organization. Both sides need to agree and see that point and not until then will this get done.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 07:28 PM   #28
SteelerFanInATL
Team Captain

Member Number: 369

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalsfan21
Hell yeah I would hold out, if I was an explosive reciever like Hines I would get as much as I can...If the steelers wouldn't pay me 60 million and only offered me 50 it's almost guaranteed another team will give it too me....there is 31 other teams out there and half of them need a receiver.

What can you do with 60 million that you can't do with 50 million????????????????? Just sign and play is what I say.
SteelerFanInATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 08:47 PM   #29
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerFanInATL
What can you do with 60 million that you can't do with 50 million????????????????? Just sign and play is what I say.
A lot more.....If you get 60 mil you get 50 after taxes, unless you live out of the country which is what I would do, I would live in Mexico...In years too come the money will go away and 60 will last longer then 50.........would you rather have 50 thousand or 60 thousand, thats the same as 50 mil or 60 mil.........The more the better!!!!!
bengalsfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 09:29 PM   #30
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalsfan21
Come on you guys are complaining bc he wants to be paid........This man has carried your offense many times and you didn't complain too pay him nothing at all, he gave now he wants to get so I say you guys need to give now.
I agree. Hines is a great player. As Blitz said I don't want to lose this guy. I don't think he is being unreasonable wanting his contract extension and wanting paid for his work. The problem is here we do not know the exact figures on the deal or what all the details are. We only have speculation and some its around figures. I don't want Ward to sit out, but I am not going to hate him over it if he does. I do think they will come to an agreement by the first maybe second week of camp. Maybe and hopefully even sooner.

Last edited by Prosdo; 07-29-2005 at 09:42 PM.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote