Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-26-2006, 05:12 PM   #1
Carolina Steelers
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 3009
Default Still not sold on Willie at least not yet.

I understand he was the 5th leading rusher coming into todays game with 903 yds. But he just doesnt seem like the right fit to me yes he can be explosive when he bounces it outside but he is not consistent to me. When he's at home he avgs. over 100 yds per game but on the roads 40 yds. Just seems like its all or nothing to me either a great game or a lackluster game.
Carolina Steelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 05:19 PM   #2
PalmerSteel
Team Captain

Member Number: 3520
Default Re: Still not sold on Willie at least not yet.

i am sold on him. i think him, ward, and miller are the least of our worries on offense. when there is no holes there, no RB is getting much yardage.
PalmerSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 05:22 PM   #3
ChronoCross
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Steelers View Post
I understand he was the 5th leading rusher coming into todays game with 903 yds. But he just doesnt seem like the right fit to me yes he can be explosive when he bounces it outside but he is not consistent to me. When he's at home he avgs. over 100 yds per game but on the roads 40 yds. Just seems like its all or nothing to me either a great game or a lackluster game.
Have yo looked at our offensive line lately. Look there before thinking of Willie. Offensive Line has been not blocking worth a crap all year. I think there needs to be adjustments don't you. Willie has had to fight most of the year for yards, not like other RBs who have clean holes to go thru. Have you not noticed what can happen if they give Willie a Hole. This years Offensive line is one of the worst in the league. Besides Houstons of course. Have you not paid attention to all the pressure Ben has been under this year and the sacks adding up left and right. Last year this line blocked, gave Ben time to throw this year, hey Ben is on his back again, hey look at that the hole that willie was going thru collapsed before the play started. Have you not noticed that normally when the line spreads out to the right are left they create a hole but this year oh no there is nothing going. Ya there is something wrong and a big part of it is the Offensive line. I do not care if they drop smith are another, they need to fix the offensive line.

Do not blame Willie.
ChronoCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 05:27 PM   #4
ChronoCross
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2201

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
I think he's a good RB, but not so much when he's the ONLY option. People have figured out to stop him, unless our offensive line is blowing them off the ball. We need to mix it up a little, and things will open up a lot more for him. Perhaps using Davenport for more than one play a game would be a good start.

In the meantime, we need to remember that if you run for 12 yards on one play, one yard on the next and no gain on the next one, you're still at third-and-9, and that's no way to keep a drive going. You need to keep the defense guessing to some degree. Maybe once Cowher bails out on us, the new coach will figure that out.
Davenport is waiting on his next visit to the hospital, he is not the answer.
ChronoCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 05:34 PM   #5
Infamix
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 917

Carolina Steelers, please look at our offensive line before blaming Willie.
Infamix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 05:45 PM   #6
Carolina Steelers
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 3009

I understand as the line goes so does the running game. But also understand that the holes might not be there you got to make some guys miss and also all his yds are mostly off tackle how about those tough 3 or 4 yds in the middle of the line. I didnt say I blame Willie Just sayed I'm not sold on him. Not sure if he is an top tier RB yet.
Carolina Steelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 05:46 PM   #7
wiqidjuggalo
Starter

Member Number: 2600

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoCross View Post
Have yo looked at our offensive line lately. Look there before thinking of Willie. Offensive Line has been not blocking worth a crap all year. I think there needs to be adjustments don't you. Willie has had to fight most of the year for yards, not like other RBs who have clean holes to go thru. Have you not noticed what can happen if they give Willie a Hole. This years Offensive line is one of the worst in the league. Besides Houstons of course. Have you not paid attention to all the pressure Ben has been under this year and the sacks adding up left and right. Last year this line blocked, gave Ben time to throw this year, hey Ben is on his back again, hey look at that the hole that willie was going thru collapsed before the play started. Have you not noticed that normally when the line spreads out to the right are left they create a hole but this year oh no there is nothing going. Ya there is something wrong and a big part of it is the Offensive line. I do not care if they drop smith are another, they need to fix the offensive line.

Do not blame Willie.

I have to say i TOTALLY AGREE!!!

ANd dont go blaming Ben either...

?Jarrad Page, we?re not at UCLA anymore. You need to wrap.? ?an ESPN commentator, on the Chiefs rookie?s weak attempt at tackling the Steelers? Nate Washington in a 45-7 loss.
wiqidjuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 05:49 PM   #8
Infamix
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 917

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Steelers View Post
I understand as the line goes so does the running game. But also understand that the holes might not be there you got to make some guys miss and also all his yds are mostly off tackle how about those tough 3 or 4 yds in the middle of the line. I didnt say I blame Willie Just sayed I'm not sold on him. Not sure if he is an top tier RB yet.
In fairness to CarolinaSteelers he did not BLAME Willie, he's not sold on him. Trust me though, Willie will perform as the o-line gets better because he can make plays. He's just a natural.
Infamix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 06:33 PM   #9
BigDuke6
Banned

Member Number: 2238

It ALL starts with the O-Line. They stink. Plain and simple, they stink.
BigDuke6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 07:22 PM   #10
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

There are alot of fundamental problems with this Steeler team - Willie has been the one real consistent bright light this season.

He isn't going to rush for 100 yards every sgame, and when he doesn't he needs his QB, his O-Line, his and his ST to raise their game.

This year they haven't.

Ravens are a rock solid run defense, but with the way the D played today against a solid Ravens D the Steelers found themselves in too many positions where they couldnt commit to the run like they needed to.

Willie Parker is the last place this teams needs to start re-assessing.

How about that over-rated O-Line and underwhelming Defense?

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote