Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-26-2006, 07:06 PM   #1
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313
Default Tell me what you think.

I was sitting at my house shortly after the loss today. Looking at bens stats and what thinking back to this past summer and everything thats happen. Is it safe to possibly consider that we may have a more friendly verison of Ryan Leif. One thing that was never questioned about leif was his physical attributes. As is the same with ben. But what you have to wonder is if ben can mentally handle the nfl.
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 07:08 PM   #2
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290
Default Re: Tell me what you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
I was sitting at my house shortly after the loss today. Looking at bens stats and what thinking back to this past summer and everything thats happen. Is it safe to possibly consider that we may have a more friendly verison of Ryan Leif. One thing that was never questioned about leif was his physical attributes. As is the same with ben. But what you have to wonder is if ben can mentally handle the nfl.
Don't you think the motorcycle accident and the concussions have played a part in Ben's brain farts this year. I do bigtime. Hell Ryan Leaf was a tool. Ben is far from that.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 07:09 PM   #3
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32 View Post
Don't you think the motorcycle accident and the concussions have played a part in Ben's brain farts this year. I do bigtime. Hell Ryan Leaf was a tool. Ben is far from that.
thats exactly what i'm trying to get at. I know that his accident and the concussions have had everything to do with is struggles. He plays like he is scared. I'm just concerned that he cant mentally handle playing in the nfl. You cant be scared to take a hit if you are a qb
Old 11-26-2006, 07:11 PM   #4
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,458 Times in 1,672 Posts

We'll find out next year if he can handle it with probaly a new coach and everything

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 07:11 PM   #5
jrbull31
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 3587

I think BAR none, what has hurt Ben the most is the LACK of an O-Line, and hence a Running game. Last year and '04 he only had to make a Spectacular Play or Two a game, now he is shouldering the load himself, at least in his mind. Hopefully he won't be set back far because of this Season.
jrbull31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 07:12 PM   #6
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,458 Times in 1,672 Posts

Quote:
thats exactly what i'm trying to get at. I know that his accident and the concussions have had everything to do with is struggles. He plays like he is scared. I'm just concerned that he cant mentally handle playing in the nfl. You cant be scared to take a hit if you are a qb
I think thats what happend with Kurt Warner

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 07:12 PM   #7
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Oh I agree you can't be scared. But I think we can throw this year out with Ben. I wouldn't judge him long term. I think he will be fine next year. One thing Ben showed early on in his career that he didn't get rattled. He is being rattled this year. Alot of it has do with the injuries but it doesn't help when your trying to come back from those injuries and the Oline sucks as well. I think Ben will be fine next year.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 07:13 PM   #8
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,809 Times in 2,684 Posts

Ben seemed to handle it just fine previously.

I will chalk it up to Ben not being physically ready to go until October and the entire team not being emotionally ready to have the edge required of a defending champ, which put a greater load on Ben at a time he was not best equipped to handle it.

Let's wait for another bad year. Going into 2007, QB is a position that is nowhere near the problem OL, LB, and in recent weeks DB have become.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 07:13 PM   #9
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

i'm not saying we should give up. I have seen alot of posts in here about how we should look into the draft for his replacement. I think the nfl is always about what have you done for me lately. But ben has done alot for this organization. He just needs to get his head back into that game
Old 11-26-2006, 07:15 PM   #10
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Ben seemed to handle it just fine previously.

I will chalk it up to Ben not being physically ready to go until October and the entire team not being emotionally ready to have the edge required of a defending champ, which put a greater load on Ben at a time he was not best equipped to handle it.

Let's wait for another bad year. Going into 2007, QB is a position that is nowhere near the problem OL, LB, and in recent weeks DB have become.
I agree dan. I think part of the problem to is the consistency at rb. I lost alot of faith in parker today. I think we need a running back that can run on the road. It's a fact that when ben throws over 25 times the result is normally a loss. we need a balanced offense