Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-27-2006, 10:15 PM   #1
paw-n-maul-u
Banned

Member Number: 2942
Default Jeremey Stevens HA!

watching some MNF and saw jeremey stevens get a perfect pass deep down the middle, then gets leveled and ofcourse drops the ball. Reminded me of the glorious drops he had during the superbowl. just thought it was pretty funny.
paw-n-maul-u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 10:34 PM   #2
qpeezy
Water Boy

Member Number: 3286
Default Re: Jeremey Stevens HA!

hell yea...jeremy stevens is garbage. he acts like a little kid. someday somebody is gonna whoop his ass
qpeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 11:13 PM   #3
t-mill
Water Boy

Member Number: 3655

I guess peezy was right last year... he's soft...
t-mill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 11:17 PM   #4
Steelersfan4life0655
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2163

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-mill View Post
I guess peezy was right last year... he's soft...
Steelersfan4life0655 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 02:21 AM   #5
mattss
Water Boy

Member Number: 1015

I saw at least 3 get knocked out on some good hits..he did finally catch one pass in the end zone but this guy is a chump and cannot hold on to the ball, I cant believe they still keep this bum on the roster!
mattss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 02:58 AM   #6
SteelersWoman
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3077

What I found funny about the game is the fact that most people think the refs "handed" them the game, and not a one of the 'Hawks or their fans are upset about it--I seem to remember a game last year when they "felt" that had been done to them, and they'll be talkin about that for the next 50 yrs, and bring it up at every turn. I sure hope the same thing happens to them concernin the win over the Packers--we've sure had to deal with it enough as Steeler fans.

While I believe that if a team plays well enough, a few blown/bad calls by the refs won't "make" you lose--had the Packers played well enough they'd have won. I just had to mention about the disparity being shown by the 'Hawks and their fans when it comes down to things being called the obvious other way around.

I thought Brett did pretty well until the "roughin the passer" call on
3rd down that basically ended it for the Pack--after that he seemed to be pretty rattled.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:09 AM   #7
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersWoman View Post
What I found funny about the game is the fact that most people think the refs "handed" them the game, and not a one of the 'Hawks or their fans are upset about it--I seem to remember a game last year when they "felt" that had been done to them, and they'll be talkin about that for the next 50 yrs, and bring it up at every turn. I sure hope the same thing happens to them concernin the win over the Packers--we've sure had to deal with it enough as Steeler fans.

While I believe that if a team plays well enough, a few blown/bad calls by the refs won't "make" you lose--had the Packers played well enough they'd have won. I just had to mention about the disparity being shown by the 'Hawks and their fans when it comes down to things being called the obvious other way around.

I thought Brett did pretty well until the "roughin the passer" call on
3rd down that basically ended it for the Pack--after that he seemed to be pretty rattled.
I will have to respectfully disagree with the 'bad calls dont make you lose' theory.

Last night, the Packers (a team short of confidence from being shut out at home last week) played some great opportunistic football to keep their noses ahead in a game against an opponent whose D is based upon playing with a lead.

If that 3rd down 'roughing the passer' call isn't made then the drive stalls, the crowd get that little bit quieter, Brett can play a little more conservative.

I seen the look on McCarthy's face and his players faces quite a few times after one of those calls was made and its like they knew they were going to be on the rough end of the refereeing.

The same does apply to the SB - everytime the Seahawks tried to get into a lead against a D that plays so much better when the other team is trailing they were undone by very questionable penalties - it ultimately knocks the stuffing out of a team.

Of course it doesnt happen everytime and the team that is hard done by sometimes overcomes that adversity (Steelers v Colts, Patriots v Bears) but it makes the job alot more difficult than it should be.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 07:50 AM   #8
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717

J PEEZY was right last year! haha
Old 11-28-2006, 07:57 AM   #9
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

I might have an easier time laughing and joking in this thread if our own receivers were catching balls. But, that's just me I guess....
Old 11-28-2006, 08:16 AM   #10
SteelersMongol
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2401

Quote:
Originally Posted by paw-n-maul-u View Post
watching some MNF and saw jeremey stevens get a perfect pass deep down the middle, then gets leveled and ofcourse drops the ball. Reminded me of the glorious drops he had during the superbowl. just thought it was pretty funny.
Yeah, I watched the game and the guy is nothing. I will never forget what was he talking about before the SB-XL.