Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 11-28-2006, 01:41 PM   #1
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default LITP's Game 10 Power Rankings

Time for an update.

1. San Diego Chargers (+2) - Have gone from strength to strength in the last two weeks - showing an ability to win games from behind and staying disciplined. Still not at full strength on D - which is pretty scary.

2. Indy Colts (-1) - The offense appears to be in prime form and the run D slightly improved - the loss to Dallas ensured questions about Indy's ability to deal with the 3-4 resurfaced.

3. Baltimore Ravens (+3) - Still finding different ways to win games - the D is as awesome as ever and the offense doesn't appear to be as much of a burden as it was earlier in the season.

4. New England Patriots (-) - Key victory against Chicago gives them a rare win against high quality opposition this year. Will not face true high level AFC competition until the playoffs. Remaining schedule would suggest a 12-4 finish.

5. Chicago Bears (-) - Tough loss to New England - the defense showed what an impact it can make against good offenses. Grossman is playing like Brett favre and makes most of his deep throws with one eye on PI calls.

6. Dallas Cowboys (+9) - You have to impressed with the start Romo has made to his pro-career as a starting QB. Came through a tough test against Indy with flying colors after a tough start - threw for 5 TD's against Tampa. Combined with a talented D and good RB this is a team to watch amongst the medicority of the NFC.

7. Denver Bronco's (-5) - A change of QB and a slightly less than dominant running game along with back-2-back defeats mean a slip for the Bronco's. Cutler is the new guy at QB and will doubtless commit typical rookie mistakes - is the D and the running game strong enough to take up the slack while he learns his position?

8. Cincinnati Bengals (+4) - The offense has caught fire in recent weeks and Chad Johnson is a happy camper again - but for how long? The O-Line seems to have improved its game and is giving Carson time to make his plays. The defense, while still hugely suspect, has been much happier playing with a healthy lead where it can ball hawk and not worry too much about the run.

9. Seattle Seahawks (+7) - Kept the season alive whilst missing their two most important offensive players. Now that Hasselback and Alexander are back this team will run the Bears close for the NFC No.1 seed. Tackling on Defense is still a major worry - made Green Bay look like Indy last night.

10. New Orleans Saints(-2) - Haven't suffered the drop off many expected and still looking strong at 7-4. Brees contender for MVP and Colston good bet for ROY.

And the rest.......

11.Kansas City Chiefs (-)
12. N.Y. Jets (+6)
13. Jacksonville Jaguars (-4)
14. Carolina Panthers (-)
15. Miami Dolphins (+8)
16. Buffalo Bills (+5)
17. N.Y Giants (-10)
18. Atlanta Falcons (-8)
19. Philadelphia Eagles (-6)
20. San Francisco 49ers (+6)
21. Minnesota Vikings (-4)
22. St. Louis Rams (-3)
23. Pittsburgh Steelers (-3)
24. Tennessee Titans (+6)
25. Washington Redskins (-3)
26. Green Bay Packers (-2)
27. Oakland Raiders (+4)
28. Tampa Bay Bucs (-3)
29. Cleveland Browns (-1)
30. Houston Texans (-1)
31. Arizona Cardinals (+1)
32. Detriot Lions (-5)

Big moves up for Dallas and Seattle mainly due to key personnel upgrades at QB.

Big fallers Denver and Giants have big issues at QB.

Dark horse contenders - N.Y. Jets who have been very solid and the Titans who have made the transition to the Young era and given their fans hope for the future.

Again, any thoughts welcome.,

Apart from boLT fan - who is just a nit-picker

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.

Last edited by Livinginthe past; 11-28-2006 at 04:30 PM.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:53 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,776 Times in 3,684 Posts
Default Re: LITP's Game 10 Power Rankings

Quote:
5. Chicago Bears (-) - Tough loss to New England - the defense showed what an impact it can make against good defenses. Grossman is playing like Brett favre and makes most of his deep throws with one eye on PI calls.

Quote:
7. Denver Bronco's (-5) - A change of QB and a slightly less than dominant running game along with back-2-back defeats mean a slip for the Bronco's. Cutler is the new guy at QB and will doubt commit typical rookie mistakes - is the D and the running game strong enough to take up the slack while he learns his position?
huh?

Quote:
8. Cincinnati Bengals (+4) - The offense has caught fire in recent weeks and Chad Johnson is a happy camper again - but for how long? The O-Line seems to have improved its game and is giving Carson time to make his plays. The defense, while still hugely suspect, has been much happier playing with a healthy lead where it can ball hawk and not worry too much about the run.
very pete priscoish. dont quit your day job!

(i believe there is a sticky for this sort of material)
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 02:11 PM   #3
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,776 Times in 3,684 Posts

my bad, after the slew of editorial mistakes, i almost forgot to grade the content. silly of me. while these power rankings are a dime a dozen and virtually the same across the board, there is something to be said for having an eye towards the future rather than looking at current records and standings. with that being said i cant see how anyone would rank the chiefs 11 and the broncos 7.

the cowboys seem much more stable offensively than the patriots. with bledsoe out, it doesnt look like they will be committing 4-5 turn overs a game every time they face decent opposition.

the bengals are just as schitzophrenic as the jags, dolphins, panthers, falcons and eagles. their schedule points to a heavy slide especially when teams are running the ball down their throats in late december. bengals deserve to be mid pack, just as their schedule suggests.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 03:28 PM   #4
boLT fan
Team Captain

Member Number: 901

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
Apart from boLT fan - who is just a nit-picker

NM

WTF is this!
boLT fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 03:55 PM   #5
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342

The only thing I'd quibble about, LITP, is the Steelers. They belong in the bottom 5. (27-0 against the ratbirds? lol, wow)
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 04:09 PM   #6
sumo
Team Captain

Member Number: 3047

I know it seems petty - but my favorite team after the Steelers is the Cards - do you have to put them dead last behind the Lions even? - they have the same record as Detroit - a team they beat!! - so I'm lobbying hard to have them moved from 32 to 31 -- thank you!!

"The Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ..the Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ...you wanna crown their a--, then crown'em..." Dennis Green - voted Best Damn Quote by Fox Sports and Sumo-2006
sumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 04:27 PM   #7
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork View Post
The only thing I'd quibble about, LITP, is the Steelers. They belong in the bottom 5. (27-0 against the ratbirds? lol, wow)
Thats fair enough.

Even though they have been abysmal for large parts of the year, they do have talent on the team that is capable (when the stars align) to beat alot of teams in the NFL.

I'd find that hard to imagine when thinking about the Cardinals or the Lions.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:29 PM   #8
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumo View Post
I know it seems petty - but my favorite team after the Steelers is the Cards - do you have to put them dead last behind the Lions even? - they have the same record as Detroit - a team they beat!! - so I'm lobbying hard to have them moved from 32 to 31 -- thank you!!
Its a tough call down there.

In fact you may well be right - the head to head is worth taking into consideration and the cardinals do have a useful rookie at QB.

Consider it done, sumo.

NM
Old 11-28-2006, 04:30 PM   #9
sumo
Team Captain

Quote:
Thats fair enough.

I'd find that hard to imagine when thinking about the Cardinals or the Lions.

NM
EEEEAASY - the Cards almost beat the Bears

"The Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ..the Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ...you wanna crown their a--, then crown'em..." Dennis Green - voted Best Damn Quote by Fox Sports and Sumo-2006
Old 11-28-2006, 04:31 PM   #10
sumo
Team Captain

Quote:
Its a tough call down there.

In fact you may well be right - the head to head is worth taking into consideration and the cardinals do have a useful rookie at QB.

Consider it done, sumo.

NM
YES!!!!