Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 11-29-2006, 01:42 PM   #1
R2sojr
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 892
Default AFC Champions

since our boys are basically out of it....i know its sux to support another team but who would you wanna see rep the AFC?

My pick is the Chargers...LT is just amazing and such a great attitude to have around a team...Defensively Shawn Merriman had his alligations but the guy does play lights out football...similar to what were all use too...Y couldnt of we got him
Old 11-29-2006, 01:52 PM   #2
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: AFC Champions

I reckon you are going to get a mixture of two basic replies to this thread.

1. I can't support another team, even if the Steelers are out of contention - it would make me physically ill.

2. The Chargers - because I strongly dislike every other team in realistic contention (Colts, Patriots, Ravens)

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 01:58 PM   #3
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

I agree. The Chargers!

But really, I don't care as long as it's not the ratbirds or the bungles.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 02:38 PM   #4
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
I reckon you are going to get a mixture of two basic replies to this thread.

1. I can't support another team, even if the Steelers are out of contention - it would make me physically ill.

2. The Chargers - because I strongly dislike every other team in realistic contention (Colts, Patriots, Ravens)

NM

Well LITP like any Steeler fan would ever root for the Ravens. Sorry not me and I don't think any other Steelers fan would. Well lets see they were the orginal Browns. Then there is Ray Lewis who should be behind bars.

Lets move on to the Pats. Sorry my friend I have seen the Pats win it three times in the last five years. Two of them which they defeated the Steelers to get to the Super Bowl in the first place. I just can't root for the Pats. But I have alot of respect for that organization. Its really a model on how to run a football team in today's NFL.

The Colts. I live in Indiana. So I'm around Colts fans all the time. They already think that Peyton Manning walks on water. So the Colts winning the Super Bowl would make me sick. Colts fans would never shut up about Peyton....I can hear it now. He has the stats and now a ring so he is the best QB ever. Just makes me sick thinking about it. Sorry but Johnny Unitas is the best ever and Tom Brady is the NFL's best today.

Now the Chargers. LT has been one of my favorite players since he was in college. Plus LT deserves a Super Bowl ring. The guy is a great player and a class act. So yes come playoff time I will be rooting for the Chargers to go to and win the Super Bowl.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 02:40 PM   #5
Borski
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 3150

I wanna see Chargers Vs Bears/Saints Super Bowl this year
Borski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 02:45 PM   #6
sumo
Team Captain

Member Number: 3047

Who I would want to see and who I think will make it are 2 different things - I can see Denver having a rebirth now that Plummer's on the bench...and the Chargers, Colts, Patriots, and Ravens will all be contenders - but I think when it's all said and done - this year is the year that Peyton "I'm a Tool" Manning finally makes it to the SB

But like a few others here, I would like to see the Chargers make it, however I don't see it happening...

"The Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ..the Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ...you wanna crown their a--, then crown'em..." Dennis Green - voted Best Damn Quote by Fox Sports and Sumo-2006
sumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 02:50 PM   #7
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumo View Post
Who I would want to see and who I think will make it are 2 different things - I can see Denver having a rebirth now that Plummer's on the bench...and the Chargers, Colts, Patriots, and Ravens will all be contenders - but I think when it's all said and done - this year is the year that Peyton "I'm a Tool" Manning finally makes it to the SB

But like a few others here, I would like to see the Chargers make it, however I don't see it happening...
You really think "I'm a Tool" finally gets over the playoff hump this year? Love that name for Peyton by the way. I don't and two reasons.

The Colts for some reason have trouble with teams that run a 3-4. The Chargers run a 3-4.

The Colts defense also has struggled against the run this year. Well LT enough said.

Don't get me wrong the Colts have the talent to make the Super Bowl without a doubt. Plus you would think one of these years its finally going to happen for them. But until I see the Colts put their playoff struggles behind them. I'm going to pick against them.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:51 PM   #8
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing the Colts. I'm a fan of Dungy because he's a former Steeler safety and more importantly, he seems like a stand-up guy. Compared to big mouths such as Dillick, Fat Man Seahawk and Nick "I AM THE NFL" Saban. Also, I don't really have a problem with Peyton Manning. Granted, he does horrible commercials but the guy doesn't run his mouth and he has stayed out of trouble. Compared to many NFL athletes, that counts for something in my book.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:54 PM   #9
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

I would like the colts....I am a LT fan
It would also be nice for Peyton to get ring....Hes one of the best,,,he deserves it
Old 11-29-2006, 02:55 PM   #10
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing the Colts. I'm a fan of Dungy because he's a former Steeler safety and more importantly, he seems like a stand-up guy. Compared to big mouths such as Dillick, Fat Man Seahawk and Nick "I AM THE NFL" Saban. Also, I don't really have a problem with Peyton Manning. Granted, he does horrible commercials but the guy doesn't run his mouth and he has stayed out of trouble. Compared to many NFL athletes, that counts for something in my book.
Yea I like Dungy to 83. Once a Steelers always a Steelers. Except for Neil O'Donnell. He can burn in Hell for all I care. But man I live in Indiana bro. The Colts fans out here are already annoying and constantly on Peyton Mannings jock it drives me nuts. So the Colts winning the Super Bowl would probally force me to move.