Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-29-2006, 03:57 PM   #11
sumo
Team Captain

Member Number: 3047
Default Re: AFC Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32 View Post
You really think "I'm a Tool" finally gets over the playoff hump this year? Love that name for Peyton by the way. I don't and two reasons.

The Colts for some reason have trouble with teams that run a 3-4. The Chargers run a 3-4.

The Colts defense also has struggled against the run this year. Well LT enough said.

Don't get me wrong the Colts have the talent to make the Super Bowl without a doubt. Plus you would think one of these years its finally going to happen for them. But until I see the Colts put their playoff struggles behind them. I'm going to pick against them.
I don't know why - just a feeling I got when I watched them play Denver - plus - what's that dude's name on their Defense they call the "eraser" ? - besides Troy - IMO, this guy is the best safety in football ... it's not a strong feeling and the AFC is stacked this year - DR Z just put out his rankings and the highest ranked NFC team he has is the Bears at 5 - I agree with him all of the best teams are in the AFC this year -- tough call...

"The Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ..the Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ...you wanna crown their a--, then crown'em..." Dennis Green - voted Best Damn Quote by Fox Sports and Sumo-2006

Last edited by sumo; 11-29-2006 at 04:21 PM.
sumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 03:58 PM   #12
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32 View Post
Yea I like Dungy to 83. Once a Steelers always a Steelers. Except for Neil O'Donnell. He can burn in Hell for all I care. But man I live in Indiana bro. The Colts fans out here are already annoying and constantly on Peyton Mannings jock it drives me nuts. So the Colts winning the Super Bowl would probally force me to move.
I hear ya BGF. The fans love the guy and I'm sure it's annoying, but I can't pin that on him....lol. He can't help that. Hey, at least you don't live in Cincinnati BGF. That's when I would send in a Special Forces unit to get you and your family out and to safety.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:05 PM   #13
ChronoCross
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2201

AFC
I almost see Ravens vs Patriots in the AFC ChampionShip.

NFC
Seahawks vs Saints NFC

Colts are a joke in the playoffs and last in the league vs the run. I always smell a choke coming when they hit the playoffs. I live in Indiana and close to Indy and boy there fans disappear as fast as the colts do in the playoffs.

Weakness of schedule making teams look good.
Bears - 2 years straight top 3 in easy schedule each year.
Dallas - Romo will be hurting when he plays a real defense.

AFC does not matter which team, will win the SB again. NFC is so weak its pathetic.

ChronoCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 04:05 PM   #14
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
I hear ya BGF. The fans love the guy and I'm sure it's annoying, but I can't pin that on him....lol. He can't help that. Hey, at least you don't live in Cincinnati BGF. That's when I would send in a Special Forces unit to get you and your family out and to safety.
LOL thanks at least I know if I'm ever stuck in Cinncy, I have someone that has my back. Yea I know its the fans fault and not Peytons fault. But I work with alot of Colts fans that are major idiots. They really don't have a clue about football. All they talk about is Peyton this and Peyton that. Some days I just want to smack myself in the face with a hammer after listening to all the Peyton Manning talk. Of course they are having a field day with the Steelers 4-7 record and I have to put up with smack all day. But living in Cinncy, Cleveland or Baltimore would be much worse for a Steelers fan without a doubt.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 04:14 PM   #15
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumo View Post
I don't know why - just a feeling I got when I watched them play Denver - plus - what's that dude's name on their Defense they call the "eraser" ? - besides Troy - IMO, this guy is the best safety in football ... it's not a strong feeling and the AFC is stacked this year - DR Z just put out his rankings and the highest ranked NFC team he has is the Cowboys at 5 - I agree with him all of the best teams are in the AFC this year -- tough call...
Bob Sanders is the 'eraser' - because, as Madden so accurately put it, "he erases bad plays'.

He has spent quite a bit of time injured this year, but he had an excellent game against the Patriots - in the second half in particular he hit our RB's behind the LOS when it looked like we could run all day on them.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 04:19 PM   #16
memphissteelergirl
Head Coach

Member Number: 2648

I have no problem with the Colts getting to the SB. I have always liked Tony Dungy as a coach and a person. I would like to see him get that ring. And although I am in the minority here, I have no problem with Peyton. The guy is good...you have to give him his due.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:24 PM   #17
sumo
Team Captain

Member Number: 3047

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
Bob Sanders is the 'eraser' - because, as Madden so accurately put it, "he erases bad plays'.

He has spent quite a bit of time injured this year, but he had an excellent game against the Patriots - in the second half in particular he hit our RB's behind the LOS when it looked like we could run all day on them.

NM
He's good - he actually reminds me of Troy - they will have a much better shot in the playoffs if he's healthy...

"The Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ..the Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ...you wanna crown their a--, then crown'em..." Dennis Green - voted Best Damn Quote by Fox Sports and Sumo-2006
sumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 04:41 PM   #18
Kermit
Water Boy

Member Number: 3523

As long as it isn't the Ravens, Bengals or Colts, I'm resigned to whoever represents the AFC -- but if I had a choice, I'd probably pick the Chargers.

There are some AFC teams and players I respect and like, but I can't bring myself to actually root for anyone else in our conference.

And personally, I'm hoping the Saints go all the way in the NFC, and claim an upset Super Bowl victory over whomever.

It'd be pretty cool to have a Brees vs. Tomlinson match-up.
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 04:43 PM   #19
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
I reckon you are going to get a mixture of two basic replies to this thread.

1. I can't support another team, even if the Steelers are out of contention - it would make me physically ill.

2. The Chargers - because I strongly dislike every other team in realistic contention (Colts, Patriots, Ravens)

NM
Hey LITP, I'm a thinkin New England will get no.4 this year. Just one thing, you guys can't steal The Here We Go Song. hahaha.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 04:51 PM   #20
ChronoCross
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2201

I would not even put Bob Sanders in the same Area Code as Troy P. Guy needs to finish a season first. Troy all around is a much better safety and better stats. And even if Bob Sanders played a full season his stats would be elevated do to how weak the colts defense is and how there front defensive line cannot stop the run and Sanders getting shots at alot of tackles because the RB's are past the LB's into the Secondary. People can hope that Dungy gets his ring along with Peyton but its just not going to happen. Colts Coaches put so much money into there offense that they have clearly forgot about there defense. Freeney becomes a free agent this year and colts will not be able to afford him. If Colts do not do it this year which they wont. There defense will even get weaker next year.
ChronoCross is offline   Reply With Quote