Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers > Steelers Experience

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 03-04-2007, 10:30 PM   #41
PAMillerGrrl83
Starter

Member Number: 3274
Default Re: What steeler have you met?

I met Heath Miller at one of his old high school football games LoL, this was WAY back before he played for the Steelers. I also met Ben last year at Training Camp and he was unbelievable nice. He was very friendly and was smiling the entire time he was around the fans. I think sometimes people take things the wrong way but thats just IMO.

~*Heath Miller: Honakers Finest*~
PAMillerGrrl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:51 AM   #42
Steel Pit
Banned

Member Number: 2140

1. I met Chuck Noll after a game and had a picture taken with him.

2. I shook hands with Bubby Brister.

3. I shouldn't brag about these but I met and took pictures of the following after a game, Joe Walton, former offensive coordinator. Delton "TOAST" Hall. Thomas Everett, he was a decent safety. Bubby Brister's mother, this picture didn't turn out well, it looks as if she has fire all around her. Tim Worley, former RB.

4. I spoke to Kevin Henry prior to a game. This was the week after his big interception helped us defeat the Patriots @ Foxboro.

5. I'm friends with Dick LeBeau's brother so I went to a playoff game against Buffalo with him. This was the year that we went to Super Bowl XXX. After the game we went to LeBeau's office and I spoke with him for a few minutes. Dick LeBeau's wife pointed out Rod Woodson and told me to go get his autograph. Well I certainly did. Woodson was kind of rude but oh well.

While standing in LeBeau's office I looked across the hallway and saw a familiar looking guy waiting for Coach Cowher. The guy ended up being Kevin Costner. We just kind of looked at each other. I heard that Costner was dating one of the Rooney girls. To tell you the truth, Costner is fairly ugly in person. He has a bad complexion, freckles and such.

6. I rode in an elevator with former defensive coordinator, Jim Hasslet. I spoke to him but he just smiled and nodded.

I could name quite a few more but I don't want to sound like a glutton. The key to meeting players is to stay at or visit the hotel that Steelers are staying in the night before games.
Steel Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:24 AM   #43
polamalufan43
Team President

Location: Where the streets are paved in black and gold stones
Member Number: 3344

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Pit View Post
The key to meeting players is to stay at or visit the hotel that Steelers are staying in the night before games.
Yep, that's the best way. I should try it sometime, lol. Either that or training camp.

~Polamalufan43
Old 03-07-2007, 03:52 PM   #44
kysteelerman
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2328

well, i met louis lipps , matter fact me and him become good freinds and dewayne woodruff. tunch, woofley, matt barr, banazac, me and dawson are good friends too. me and jeff reed are friends,he gave me a football during a game . i went sceet shooting with wooodruff , grossman, mullins.. well, i use to party with stai, stelzswic, sweeney, woolford. after every home game one year. tomsuck was there too. brunner just alot of them would come bye. josh miller know me he gave me a football during a game once. man me and richard huntley was friends matter a fact he sent me a helmet with the team autograph one year for christmas. i had will blackwell, huntley,emmones, pete gonzalus,bailey,carlos king, at my house here in ky, partied with them steak house , bar , went back to my house. well, got more storys got to go
kysteelerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:43 PM   #45
polamalufan43
Team President

Location: Where the streets are paved in black and gold stones
Member Number: 3344

Quote:
Originally Posted by kysteelerman View Post
well, i met louis lipps , matter fact me and him become good freinds and dewayne woodruff. tunch, woofley, matt barr, banazac, me and dawson are good friends too. me and jeff reed are friends,he gave me a football during a game . i went sceet shooting with wooodruff , grossman, mullins.. well, i use to party with stai, stelzswic, sweeney, woolford. after every home game one year. tomsuck was there too. brunner just alot of them would come bye. josh miller know me he gave me a football during a game once. man me and richard huntley was friends matter a fact he sent me a helmet with the team autograph one year for christmas. i had will blackwell, huntley,emmones, pete gonzalus,bailey,carlos king, at my house here in ky, partied with them steak house , bar , went back to my house. well, got more storys got to go
Oh just stop you have made us jealous enough jk jk

All cool

~Polamalufan43
Old 03-13-2007, 10:41 PM   #46
melroseplace
Team Captain

Member Number: 520

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR7SteelersBabe86 View Post
I met Heath Miller at one of his old high school football games LoL, this was WAY back before he played for the Steelers.
I've met Heath a few times, he is always really nice but incredibly quiet. I've made an arse out of myself a couple times around him, he just laughs at me
Old 03-14-2007, 10:25 AM   #47
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579

Louis Lipps
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 06:06 PM   #48
PAMillerGrrl83
Starter

Member Number: 3274

Quote:
Originally Posted by melroseplace View Post
I've met Heath a few times, he is always really nice but incredibly quiet. I've made an arse out of myself a couple times around him, he just laughs at me
Heath was uberly quiet in HS, like all the time. Just a very quiet, humble guy. Super nice though.

~*Heath Miller: Honakers Finest*~
PAMillerGrrl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 05:09 PM   #49
Big7BenHOF
Team Captain

Member Number: 5192

All of you guys are really lucky. Being in California I don't think I can meet any.
Big7BenHOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 06:12 PM   #50
ChronoCross
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2201

I met a lot actually. While working with DeCa in Europe for over 10 years, I got to meet every older and some of the newer steelers up to 2003. I enjoyed talking with terry and franco, walking beside The Bus at Landstuhl hospital and getting 2 hats signed while there. I have met Rod, Blunt, Lambert, Green, and more. Good thing about working with DeCa they handled all the signings and bringing the players in, so they always came up to headquarters. We had terry and franco at one of the company outings, playing softball, grilling out, horseshoes, they had a great time. We always see them pretty close at games but to be up and close to them and talk with them is just totally great. I still have not met Ben and Parker, who I wish I could meet. I think my cancer will kick my butt before I get any more chances.
ChronoCross is offline   Reply With Quote