Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-22-2006, 01:26 PM   #21
skidboot
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3704
Default Re: Power Back or Defensive Back?

why when I see hear the name Jamain Stephens I think of Chris Conrad and Kris Farris?

Old 12-24-2006, 06:59 AM   #22
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

Hey guys/gals.. I am not looking to replace Willie, I love Willie but we need a power back to go with him. Someone that can run the ball late in the game to just run the clock out. I have since changed my stance on what we need most and foremost on our team and that is O Line and DB help. Our secondary is in schambles right now and we need a top notch corner more than anything. I agree that our LB's are getting old and we need replacements for atleast 2 spots there.. one for Farrior and one for Porter. I still would love to see us get a good young power back to take that late game pressure off Parker. I dont believe that T.J. Duckett is the answer though... definitely not.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE....
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 09:29 AM   #23
LarryNJ
Starter

Member Number: 2857

I'd go for a CB in the early rounds you usually can find a good power back in the later rounds.
LarryNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 10:00 AM   #24
Dook
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 906

Honestly there aren't many openings on our OL. Yeah I want a dominant OL but where do we get one from?

Hartings should retire or be released but we still have two centers behind him. We may lose Starks to free agency but we have Colon and Essex as backups. We might take another OG for depth but that's about it. Don't expect a draft pick to come in and take over for our starters.

There are free agent OL available but they haven't proven to be better than our starters and we just don't have the cap space to sign one.

Our secondary is not in schambles, it was the system. They're not sending the safety blitzes anymore so the CB's have help deep now. Polo at less than 100% just wasn't getting pressure on the QB. McFadden and Taylor are fine.

Porter has one more year on his contract, if he goes then James Harrison comes in and we wouldn't notice a difference. Check the stats, Farrior is our best LB and even though he is getting old he has a few years left with us. Haggans is a free agent after next season so likely we look for a replacement for him this offseason, we might just sign LB Kawika Mitchel of the Chiefs. And I'm sure we take another LB in the draft.

As for RB, I like Tony Hunt in the 2nd or 3rd round of the draft. Many people want big Michael Bush but he is still limping from his leg injury and Tony Hunt is 230 lbs, almost as big.
Old 12-25-2006, 05:27 PM   #25
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedosesteelers2006 View Post

If you were our Organization and you had a choice... Which would you pick.. a Power RB to replace Parker and then use Parker as a change of pace and get more yardage from him after the Power Guy wears them down... OR A young upcoming Shut down corner to help our defense that it has not had since Rod Woodson days....
The Running game would help us a whole lot and it would keep the ball out of the other teams possession thus helping our defense but our Secondary needs help very badly right now and this corner would help imensely...
So, which will it be guys/gals... lets hear your opinions...
I GO RB on my choice... But I am not sure who this would be...

Our secondary is by far our greatest area of concern. (especially at Corner)
But with that said,.......i don't believe any of this year's class of corners merit a top 15 pick.
(Though i like Leon Hall )
As i've stated before,.... the best DB happens to be F/S Laron Landry (LSU). And though i like Smith's potential,....i wouldn't pass on a talent like Landry. (Especially in light of the fact that we lack so much playmaking ability in our secondary)
We could then maybe pick up Cb Terrell Brown (Texas) early in the second round. In regards to a power compliment to Willie,....i think Michael Bush would be a good look. (But theres no way he'd still be on the boards after the second round)
Perhaps we could give Rb Tony Hunt (Penn State) a look either in the 6th or 7th ?
After going O-line and Lb (possible "tweeners") in the 3rd through 5th rnds.

Oh yeah,....your "sleeper" Wr could be Marcus Monk (Arkansas) 6'6 217lbs

"Hail Caesar,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 08:23 PM   #26
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCzar76 View Post
Our secondary is by far our greatest area of concern. (especially at Corner)
But with that said,.......i don't believe any of this year's class of corners merit a top 15 pick.
(Though i like Leon Hall )
As i've stated before,.... the best DB happens to be F/S Laron Landry (LSU). And though i like Smith's potential,....i wouldn't pass on a talent like Landry. (Especially in light of the fact that we lack so much playmaking ability in our secondary)
We could then maybe pick up Cb Terrell Brown (Texas) early in the second round. In regards to a power compliment to Willie,....i think Michael Bush would be a good look. (But theres no way he'd still be on the boards after the second round)
Perhaps we could give Rb Tony Hunt (Penn State) a look either in the 6th or 7th ?
After going O-line and Lb (possible "tweeners") in the 3rd through 5th rnds.

Oh yeah,....your "sleeper" Wr could be Marcus Monk (Arkansas) 6'6 217lbs

"Hail Caesar,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

WOW.... That would be great.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:06 AM   #27
Elvis
Banned

Here's a name for ya to chew on... a sleeper that could be a middle round pick for the Steelers ... he is a TD machine
RB Germaine Race Pittsburg St.
'04 stats
2,213 yards 26 td's
'05
1,846 yds. 33 td's
Has anyone got to see this guy play ball?
Old 01-02-2007, 04:49 PM   #28
skidboot
Bench Warmer

anyone else see us taking a TE?

I can see it.

Big time Blocking TE!!!
Old 01-02-2007, 04:50 PM   #29
Elvis
Banned

Maybe late in the draft, but not early
Old 01-02-2007, 04:57 PM   #30
skidboot
Bench Warmer

we could use one IMO. Tuman as our #2 and no #3??? we used to have 4 of them didn't we?

Matt Cushing/TE/FB/LS....

Having that big time blocker at TE also keeps #7 upright and improves the running game.

We tried last year with Charles Davis out of Purdue but he was too much of a *****. Looked the part!...but......