Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-01-2006, 07:27 PM   #1
Da Steeler Soprano
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 3285
Default Who is worthy

So uh which Steelers do you think are actually worthy of going to the Pro-bowl this year?? I been thinking about this lately and I really cant come up with any names. Lets see NO ONE on the OL (including Faneca) are worthy this year. The receivers with the exception of a banged up Ward are horrible. Ben is going to break every NFL record for most picks in a season so def not him. Last time I checked the pro bowl wasnt being playing at Heinz Field so Willie is out. Hmmm defense?? Do we have a defense this year? Of course Polamulu is the best D player in the league but who knows how long his injury is going to last. Our corners couldnt cover a highschool team. The LB's are waaay over rated and the DL is hardly getting any penetration at all. Did I miss anyone? Oh yea Jeff Reed theres a pro bowl kicker all right SARCASIM. So I guess if anyone goes it will be Ward and Polamulu but neither one will see any action due to injuries. Wow what a year.

"If I could live my life over I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
Da Steeler Soprano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 08:04 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,906 Times in 4,515 Posts
Default Re: Who is worthy

i cant think of any afc runners who have been better than willie this year other than the stallworts LT and LJ. we see players get voted in on reputation every year so why should faneca be any different? polamalu is simply the best safety in the game and gets the same pass as faneca regardless of in season stats. he should/will be ther every season until he retires.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 01:09 AM   #3
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,380 Times in 499 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
....we see players get voted in on reputation every year....
Ray (cough) Lewis (cough) - AKA Mr. jump-on-the-pile-after-the-play-is-over-while-the statman-credits-me-for-2-solo-tackles.

Last edited by fansince'76; 12-02-2006 at 01:13 AM.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 01:17 AM   #4
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,906 Times in 4,515 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Ray (cough) Lewis (cough) - AKA Mr. jump-on-the-pile-after-the-play-is-over-while-the statman-credits-me-for-2-solo-tackles.
lol. exactly. although i did see him refrain last night from jumping on a pile to pad his "stats". i guess hes saving himself for when hes 38 so that he can be a patriot.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:19 AM   #5
jaysta
Starter

Member Number: 1495

Parker and Polamalu should both get the nod for sure.
jaysta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 01:25 AM   #6
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,380 Times in 499 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
lol. exactly. although i did see him refrain last night from jumping on a pile to pad his "stats". i guess hes saving himself for when hes 38 so that he can be a patriot.
My only regret is that Ray Ray didn't play about 20 years earlier, so when he would go into that EXTREMELY irritating "spaz dance" during player intros, Lambert could have run out and bitch slapped him into the following week.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 04:19 AM   #7
BigDuke6
Banned

Member Number: 2238

Quote:
My only regret is that Ray Ray didn't play about 20 years earlier, so when he would go into that EXTREMELY irritating "spaz dance" during player intros, Lambert could have run out and bitch slapped him into the following week.
Ya Baby !!!! No way Jack would have put up with that. All this BS about the Ratbirds D. What crap !!! The Steel Curtain was THE greatest defence ever put ona football field. PERIOD !!!!!
BigDuke6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 05:03 AM   #8
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Steeler Soprano View Post
So uh which Steelers do you think are actually worthy of going to the Pro-bowl this year?? I been thinking about this lately and I really cant come up with any names. Lets see NO ONE on the OL (including Faneca) are worthy this year. The receivers with the exception of a banged up Ward are horrible. Ben is going to break every NFL record for most picks in a season so def not him. Last time I checked the pro bowl wasnt being playing at Heinz Field so Willie is out. Hmmm defense?? Do we have a defense this year? Of course Polamulu is the best D player in the league but who knows how long his injury is going to last. Our corners couldnt cover a highschool team. The LB's are waaay over rated and the DL is hardly getting any penetration at all. Did I miss anyone? Oh yea Jeff Reed theres a pro bowl kicker all right SARCASIM. So I guess if anyone goes it will be Ward and Polamulu but neither one will see any action due to injuries. Wow what a year.

I would agree with Ward and Polamulu...but would still put Faneca in the mix....he is still one of the best guards on the league...I saw him pull twice in the last two game and the center completaly MISSED sliding over to pick up the assignment. When someone blows through his hole it makes him look pretty bad ...but sometimes the line should be slanting or the back should be watching the LB for a stunt and picking up the man. I think if Marvel, Chukky/Jeff and the backs were playing better...he would look more like his usual pro-bowl self.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 05:20 AM   #9
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Not just Lambert...but Butkus...Dobler....Deacon Jones. Any number of those old time TRUE tough guys would have made it a point of knocking that self-serving, false-faith, knife-wielding thug out of the game before halftime!!!

If Ray-Ray hid on his bus when Porter chased him...I can just imagine Jack going on the bus, and neither security or the entire Ravens team would be able to keep Lambert from giving him a cleat enema.

Last edited by lamberts-lost-tooth; 12-02-2006 at 08:53 AM.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 08:13 AM   #10
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Quote:
The mental image is here is killing me!!!!!!!
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote