Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-03-2006, 12:57 PM   #1
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751
Default Well, we got tornadoed.

Power just came on a few minutes ago, it's been out since 5PM Friday night. It's damn cold in the house, because we have electric baseboard heat.

We shipped our daughter off to a friend's house, and my dad to his girlfriend's.

Our house caught the tail end of it. Most folks fared better than we did, some worse and some lots worse. By my assessment it hit us when it was dying out, maybe skipping along the ground. We lost a big evergreen tree, part of the chimney and about 1/2 the shingles on the roof, and the columns holding up the front porch are skewed. All the cars are OK; they were alll outside, we haven't been able to use the garage for a couple weeks because of the bad flooding from 2 weeks ago which got into the basement about 2" deep and ruined the new carpet that we'd installed last summer.

I'll post up some pictures later today. I'm going to get warmed up and when the hot water tank is hot I'm going to take a long shower, and shave.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 12:59 PM   #2
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290
Default Re: Well, we got tornadoed.

Sorry to hear about the damage to your house. Glad to hear your family is alright.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 01:05 PM   #3
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca View Post
Power just came on a few minutes ago, it's been out since 5PM Friday night. It's damn cold in the house, because we have electric baseboard heat.

We shipped our daughter off to a friend's house, and my dad to his girlfriend's.

Our house caught the tail end of it. Most folks fared better than we did, some worse and some lots worse. By my assessment it hit us when it was dying out, maybe skipping along the ground. We lost a big evergreen tree, part of the chimney and about 1/2 the shingles on the roof, and the columns holding up the front porch are skewed. All the cars are OK; they were alll outside, we haven't been able to use the garage for a couple weeks because of the bad flooding from 2 weeks ago which got into the basement about 2" deep and ruined the new carpet that we'd installed last summer.

I'll post up some pictures later today. I'm going to get warmed up and when the hot water tank is hot I'm going to take a long shower, and shave.

Tom
We had over 500,000 homes without power in upper Illinois...and on friday night our police/fire/ambulance dispatch loss power to primary and redundant systems...luckily in Illinois we are required to have a backup center, which picked up our dispatch until we could get up and running .

We STILL have people calling in here asking "when is my power coming back on?"...Drives me frickin crazy..." Sir, you need to call your power company and they can give you a better idea then we here at the 911 Center can "
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 01:11 PM   #4
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

That's got to SUCK. Good to hear things are going well.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 02:48 PM   #5
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 545

Glad to hear all is well, and that you got power in time for the games.
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 11:10 PM   #6
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784

Sorry to hear about the damage to your home Tom. Glad the family is safe.

Thanks to MeanJoe for surprising me with my new sig.
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 11:31 PM   #7
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

Thanks friends. There's been folks around the country over the last year who've had it lots worse than us; but this last year has just sucked for the obstacles that we've had to beat. It's great in that we've persevered and overcome, but I don't get too worked up when our boys in B&G win or lose. They're small potatoes compared.

Here's a link to pictures from around the neighborhood, our house is the pale bi-level in the "night" pictures.

It looks OK, until you notice it's a little bit lopsided...

Tom
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0110 (Small).JPG (67.1 KB, 13 views)
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 11:47 PM   #8
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,900 Times in 4,513 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca View Post
Thanks friends. There's been folks around the country over the last year who've had it lots worse than us; but this last year has just sucked for the obstacles that we've had to beat. It's great in that we've persevered and overcome, but I don't get too worked up when our boys in B&G win or lose. They're small potatoes compared.

Here's a link to pictures from around the neighborhood, our house is the pale bi-level in the "night" pictures.

It looks OK, until you notice it's a little bit lopsided...

Tom
pretty hardore. hope the insurance co.s traet you well without too much assdragging bs.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 08:36 AM   #9
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784

Wow. Hope your repairs go smoothly! What a pain. I hate living under construction...just have to think about how great it will look when it's done.

Thanks to MeanJoe for surprising me with my new sig.
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 10:34 AM   #10
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Mosca

Brother I apologize..I have read this several times and JUST NOW realized that the thread says TORNADO!!!....I was thinking you caught a part of the ice storm that we were a part of (Nice awareness on my part)...I am very glad to hear that your family made it out okay....thats what is truly important. The house and the items are secondary but I realize STILL very important...any problems with insurance? I am going to be paying that wverything works out for your family and you all can get back to normal as soon as possible!!!
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote