Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-05-2006, 07:54 AM   #1
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313
Default Cowher to the Panthers??

While watching the panthers ship firmly sink to the ocean floor. You have to wonder if jon fox's job is in jeopordy. And although cowher does have one more year on his contract if he would do what he could to take this job.
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:07 AM   #2
STEELCRTN4EVER
Draft Prospect
Supporter

Member Number: 2828
Default Re: Cowher to the Panthers??

I don't think so but you never know. I think he will retire for at least a year. We all know Coach is a Steeler at heart and I think that is how he wants to go to the HOF.
STEELCRTN4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:13 AM   #3
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,146 Times in 2,833 Posts

I think Fox gets 1 more year to straighten matters out even if the Panthers miss the playoffs this year, which would work out right since any team that hires Cowher will not be required to negotiate compensation (aka draft picks) with the Steelers unless Cowhher goes to work for a new team in 2007 (which I cannot imagine will occur).

For what it is worth, Ed.B. of the P-G said in his online chat yesterday he now believes it is 50-50 Cowher comes back next year, which repeats what I understand Ed.B. said on KDKA last week. No indication why Ed.B. believes that to be the case, but I assume any info Ed has comes from managment since I understand Cowher & Ed are not best buddies.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:31 AM   #4
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
I think Fox gets 1 more year to straighten matters out even if the Panthers miss the playoffs this year, which would work out right since any team that hires Cowher will not be required to negotiate compensation (aka draft picks) with the Steelers unless Cowhher goes to work for a new team in 2007 (which I cannot imagine will occur).

For what it is worth, Ed.B. of the P-G said in his online chat yesterday he now believes it is 50-50 Cowher comes back next year, which repeats what I understand Ed.B. said on KDKA last week. No indication why Ed.B. believes that to be the case, but I assume any info Ed has comes from managment since I understand Cowher & Ed are not best buddies.
I really dont want cowher back next year. I think we will see a repeat of what we have already seen this year. No heart, discipline or leadership.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:48 AM   #5
SwedishSteeler
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 4022

I think we should all keep our mouths shut. Cowher have us a sueprbowl win last year...now he's having a bad season and all of the sudden everyone and their mothers are anti-cowher? I don't think that's right.

Besides, I've just finished watching sportcenter for three hours...and really; if we win the remainder of our games...playoff chances are not as skim as what most people are making them out to be.

Let's see our boys actually hit the ground before we go and badmouth the genius behind the franchise....just my twocents.
SwedishSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:57 AM   #6
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
I really dont want cowher back next year. I think we will see a repeat of what we have already seen this year. No heart, discipline or leadership.
Be careful what you hope for, D. The grass isn't always greener, as some teams find out the hard way.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 09:19 AM   #7
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,146 Times in 2,833 Posts

Quote:
I do not want Cowher back if no new contract is in place and 2007 becomes another year of everyone speculating what the next season will bring in terms of coaching changes.

My assumption is that if he comes back it will be becuase he has worked out a new deal and that his equivocation about what he should be doing in his work life has been resolved.

Unless Cowher's personal life has taken a severe turn for the worse, I still assume he is gone because I cannot believe his family will be moving back from Raleigh and that Cowher has no interest in continuing to be home alone next fall.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 09:25 AM   #8
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
While watching the panthers ship firmly sink to the ocean floor. You have to wonder if jon fox's job is in jeopordy. And although cowher does have one more year on his contract if he would do what he could to take this job.
If Cowher is going to end it here after this season (which I believe he will and should do) or if it ends up being after next season, I strongly doubt he will directly jump on an offer from another NFL team. IMO, a nice break from the NFL and time with his family is in Bill Cowher's near future.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:33 AM   #9
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
If Cowher is going to end it here after this season (which I believe he will and should do) or if it ends up being after next season, I strongly doubt he will directly jump on an offer from another NFL team. IMO, a nice break from the NFL and time with his family is in Bill Cowher's near future.
the only reason i threw that out there was because if for some reason the panther job would open up he could enjoy his north carolina house and have a north carolina job. I do believe that fox will get one more year. I think delhomme will be gone
Old 12-05-2006, 09:36 AM   #10
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
the only reason i threw that out there was because if for some reason the panther job would open up he could enjoy his north carolina house and have a north carolina job. I do believe that fox will get one more year. I think delhomme will be gone
I completely understand where you are coming from Big D and it makes sense if the guy didn't coach for fifteen years straight with the same team. I just feel the guy needs a break from the game, no matter the location.