Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers > Game Reporter

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 12-07-2006, 10:57 PM   #491
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290
Default Re: Steelers vs. Browns Gameday Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
ben was on pace for a record setting, winning game. unfortunately for your argument, batch picked up right where ben left off.

ben or batch wasnt on the field for the onside kick. batch didnt have any fumbles.

plus arent you the one who feels been should be benched for the year (or atleast during the games against the ravens) to preserve his future because of his prior "injuries"?
Tony I never said Ben should have been benched for the year or against the Ravens. Quit putting your own spin on things. I said Ben should have been removed from the game in the 4th quarter since the game was alreay over. No since to risk him to further injury when the game was over. The Ravens dominated the Steelers that day.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 10:59 PM   #492
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,099 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32 View Post
No kidding Ben or Batch wasn't on the field for the onside kick and Batch didn't have any fumbles. I just think Ben would have made enough plays to win that game. Sure Batch played great and threw two TD's as well. But Charlie also missed some plays that I think Ben could have made in that game. I don't understand what the point is going back and discussing this? It really serves no purpose to look back.
your right. it doesnt-

Quote:
I think the Steelers would have beaten the Falcons if Ben wouldn't have been knocked out of the game. It was clear against the Raiders that Ben should have sat that game out. He wasn't right against the Raiders and with Batch starting the Steelers probally would have won that game. Its to bad but hey I guess thats how it goes sometimes.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:01 PM   #493
tony hipchest

Quote:
Tony I never said Ben should have been benched for the year or against the Ravens. Quit putting your own spin on things. I said Ben should have been removed from the game in the 4th quarter since the game was alreay over. No since to risk him to further injury when the game was over. The Ravens dominated the Steelers that day.
the steelers dominated the browns tonight. did you see them making any qb changes?
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 11:13 PM   #494
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
the steelers dominated the browns tonight. did you see them making any qb changes?
Was Derek Anderson in a motorcycle accident or had a appendix removed? Plus factor in another concussion against the Falcons for Ben. The guy has been through alot this year from a health stand point. I just felt with the Steelers getting their asses handed to them it served no purpose to risk the future of this franchise to further injury with the game over. Its hard to find franchise QB's in the NFL. Ben is still young and growing and the sky is the limit for him. I guess the next time the Steelers play the Ravens and if the Ravens are winning 30-0 in the 4th quarter lets leave Ben in there and risk him to injury when there is no need to. Good ****ing call.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:23 PM   #495
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
I just felt with the Steelers getting their asses handed to them it served no purpose to risk the future of this franchise to further injury with the game over.
Especially when playing a team filled with a bunch of cheap shot artists. By the same token, Charlie might have wound up in the intensive care unit.....
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 11:23 PM   #496
tony hipchest

Quote:
Was Derek Anderson in a motorcycle accident or had a appendix removed? Plus factor in another concussion against the Falcons for Ben. The guy has been through alot this year from a health stand point. I just felt with the Steelers getting their asses handed to them it served no purpose to risk the future of this franchise to further injury with the game over. Its hard to find franchise QB's in the NFL. Ben is still young and growing and the sky is the limit for him. .
well you know what there buddy? the steelers DID play ben for the remainder of the ravens game. and you know what? his career HASNT been jeopardized. (winning 4 of his last 5, id say hes fine) i guess that makes YOU WRONG!!!!!!

everyone in the wild card chase is 7-5. the steelers are 6-7. its one hell of a long shot, but im glad i wasnt one to throw in the towel THREE GAMES AGO

OOOOH an appendix removed!!!! thats 10 X worse than carson palmers knee injury! have you ever had an appendix removed 32? God forbid ben have his tonsils taken out. he might miss the whole season!

Last edited by tony hipchest; 12-07-2006 at 11:32 PM.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 11:33 PM   #497
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
everyone in the wild card chase is 7-5. the steelers are 6-7. its one hell of a long shot, but im glad i wasnt one to throw in the towel THREE GAMES AGO
You can bet your ass that I'm going to be rooting for losses for every one of those 7-5 teams come Sunday.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 11:47 PM   #498
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
well you know what there buddy? the steelers DID play ben for the remainder of the ravens game. and you know what? his career HASNT been jeopardized. (winning 4 of his last 5, id say hes fine) i guess that makes YOU WRONG!!!!!!

OOOOH an appendix removed!!!! thats 10 X worse than carson palmers knee injury! have you ever had an appendix removed 32? God forbid ben have his tonsils taken out. he might miss the whole season!
Yes I have had my appendix removed. I had it removed when I was 16. But what does my past health issues have to do with Ben and all his health issues this year? Plus when did I say it was worse then Carson Palmer's knee injury? Just mentioning all of Ben's health issues this year Tony thats all. Put your spin on it like always. I still think it was dumb to risk Ben to further injury (especially with all Ben has been through this year) when a game is over in the 4th quarter.

Throw in the towel? No I just live in the real world Tony and I know the Steelers won't make the play-offs. Steelers have been a bad road team all year and I don't expect it to change now.

Go ahead a call me what you want. I really don't give a flying **** what you think and if you fell off a cliff tommorrow I wouldn't lose no sleep over it.