Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-31-2006, 01:20 PM   #31
Krepotkin
Water Boy

Member Number: 4465
Default Re: LLT's Mock draft (Updated 27/12)

true, but willie could be a nice barganing chip for us to possibly get 2 or maybe three picks which we could use on a DB and maybe an LB that end from Michigan; Woodley (i think) would be a nice fit in LeBeau's defense. Or maybe Laurinitias from the Ohio state university. Now don't think im trying to sell willie up river or anything, but it is what it is.
Krepotkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 04:43 PM   #32
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krepotkin View Post
true, but willie could be a nice barganing chip for us to possibly get 2 or maybe three picks which we could use on a DB and maybe an LB that end from Michigan; Woodley (i think) would be a nice fit in LeBeau's defense. Or maybe Laurinitias from the Ohio state university. Now don't think im trying to sell willie up river or anything, but it is what it is.

Uhhhhh,......no. (LOL) I think Willie is a major asset to this franchise. He's an exceptional talent. (And very likely will get even better) I don't want a back to replace him. I'd just like to see the franchise aquire a young stud "power" back (like Bush) to "spell" him.

I do however agree with you about Lamar Woodley. He's a perfect example of the kind of DE "tweener" that we usually have success turning into very productive linebackers.

"Hail Caesar,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:55 AM   #33
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390
Thumbs down Re: LLT's Mock draft (Updated 27/12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krepotkin View Post

Are you kiddin?... not even a thought of trading Willie....
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:54 PM   #34
skidboot
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3704

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCzar76 View Post
The way i look at it skid,......you can never have enough "stud" DB's. (Worst case scenario,....you've got QUALITY depth.) Smith shows a considerable amount of promise and i've endorsed him since camp. But let's not count our proverbial chickens before they hatch. ?
Now with that said,.......both Clark and Ty are expendable. (Clark less so,.....but still "average" at best) And Mike Logan is in the "twighlight" of his career.
And Landry is not an "average" player. Like i said before,... he has played every position in the secondary and could very well make the switch to corner. And being that this year's crop of corners is relatively weak (in a sense that they're no "exceptional" impact guys)..........i think you go with the best "overall" DB.
Nelson has had an impressive "SEASON" at the safety position. But Landry has been productive for his entire tour at LSU,.....and IMO is the "total package". (so to speak)
Bottom line,......our defensive backfield though not our only weakness......is still our most considerable one and should be addressed aggressively. (ie forget about the "bandaids on bulletwounds" players.)

"Hail Caesar,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

and playing in a 3-4 means we also have to have those "stud" LBers.
the guys have IMO had their best days and we are going to need more guys SOON to come in and take their place.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:56 AM   #35
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Re: LLT's Mock draft (Updated 6th Jan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
LOL...just wanted to get a jump and have the first draft on the forum !!!! I usually have one posted on the internet every year with explanations....but I had time on my hands tonight and just threw this one together real quick...I mainly wanted to go with team weakness and what players fit the system...(but last year was a perfect example of players not going where they should have!!!)...so take it for what it is worth...and understand it is still very early so position and players will change.

Give me feedback...it will help in my actual mock draft that I will post in late January on the net! Thanks!!!

1. Oakland Raiders - Jamarcus Russell, QB Louisiana State (After seeing Russell play against Quinn..I think Oakland forgoes another Vet and drafts for the future)

2. Detroit Lions - Brady Quinn, QB Notre Dame (..and again...I have no faith that Detroit will draft responsibly)

3. Cleveland Browns - Adrian Peterson, RB Oklahoma (Hate to see Adrian in our division but Cleveland has a great opportunity with the 3rd pick)

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Calvin Johnson, WR Georgia Tech (By far the best WR in the draft...)

5. Arizona Cardinals - Joe Thomas, OT Wisconsin (Arizona needs someone to protect Matt and to open holes for Edge)

6. Washington Redskins - Darrelle Revis, CB Pittsburgh (Washington HAS to upgrade their defense in some way other than throwing money at vets.)

7. Minnesota Vikings- Dwayne Jarrett, WR USC (Another team with serious WR needs)

8. Houston Texans - Ted Ginn Jr, WR Ohio State (Moulds is not the #2 they thought he might be..and they were sold enough on D.Davis to pass on Bush...Davis/Daynes in the backfield next year is not a bad combo)

9. Miami Dolphins- Alan Branch, DT Michigan (best tackle coming out this year)

10. Atlanta Falcons - LaRon Landry, S LSU (Take away D. Hall and the backfield has combined for 1 interception)

11. San Francisco 49ers - Gaines Adams, DE Clemson (Bryant is having a good year but turns 35 next year)

12. Buffalo Bills - Leon Hall, CB Michigan (considered the best CB in the draft by some..)

13.St. Louis Rams - Paul Posluszny, OLB, Penn State (..anyone think that Posluzney might make Dexter Coakley's stats laughable in his first year?)

14. Carolina Panthers - Reggie Nelson, S Florida (Carolina needs a Safety that can support the run and blitz, and Nelson is climbing the charts)

15. Pittsburgh Steelers- Quentin Moses, DE/OLB (OK..you changed my mind for me..Porters replacement is picked up to groom under him for a year)

16.Green Bay Packers-Marshawn Lynch, RB California (at some point opponants need to start respecting the Packers running game)

17. Jacksonville Jaguars - Michael Griffin. S Texas (Griffin is just what they need in a defensive player...and some think he is a steal this late in the draft)

18. Cincinnati Bengals - Marcus McCauley, CB Fresno State (6'1, 4.3..Several UFA's will have this team on the ropes ..and other teams can pass against them...all...day...long)

19. Tennessee Titans- Robert Meachum, WR Tennessee (Meechum stays in Tennessee...instantly makes the WR corp better)

20. New York Giants - Michael Bush RB, Louisville (History of injuries...but the upside on Bush is off the scales

21. Denver Broncos- Charles Johnson, DE Georgia (So hard to not go RB..but Denver needs to upgrade their run defense)

22. New England Patriots (from Seattle) - Patrick Willis, LB Mississippi (Best natural ILB in the draft)

23. Dallas Cowboys - Justin Blaylock, OG/OT Texas (Romo needs time to check down...Blaylock locks on to his man until the whistle blows)

24. Kansas City Chiefs - Levi Brown, OT Penn State (Every year I think they will go WR and they never do...)

25. New Orleans Saints - Zack Miller, TE Arizona St (Another weapon in New Orleans... who get the best TE in the draft)

26. New York Jets- Greg Olsen, TE Miami (Now that they have regained faith in Pennington, time to give him an outlet)

27.Chicago Bears -Glen Dorsey, DT Louisiana St. (Lovie doesnt strike me as being real forgiving and findsa replacement for Tank Johnson)

28. New England Patriots - Aaron Ross CB Texas (Thorpe award recipient as nations top DB, spent three years behind extremely talented upperclassmen ...Michael Huff, Nathan Vasher, Cedric Griffin... and exploded when given the chance)

29. Baltimore Ravens - Adam Carriker, DE Nebraska, (Ravens may go OL here, if not ...Carriker fits the Ravens defensive scheme)

30. Indianapolis Colts- Prescott Burgess, OLB Michigan (Indy is ranked 32 in run defense..Burgess can blitz and lock on to a RB)

31. Philadelphia Eagles-Daymeion Hughes, CB California (The Eagles get a CB with great size at 6'2 190, and great hands)

32. San Diego Chargers - Jeff Samardzija, WR Notre Dame (will go higher with a good combine...has the size and the hands that teams are looking for)
Updated 06 Jan 07
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 08:11 AM   #36
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
WR Robert Meachem from Tenn. 6-3 210lbs , is declaring fo rthe draft . He may be better than Calvin Johnson. He certainly is good enough to juggle around the WRs in the 1st round. His yardage totals/YPG adn yards per reception are better. Calvin had 5 out of 12 games held under 30 yards.
I agree 100%..He was one of the reasons for the update...I now have him in the first round and staying in Tennessee.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:28 AM   #37
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

After last nights showing...I am thinking that Troy Smith hurt any chance that he had of getting into the first round
Old 01-10-2007, 01:57 PM   #38
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
LOL...just wanted to get a jump and have the first draft on the forum !!!! I usually have one posted on the internet every year with explanations....but I had time on my hands tonight and just threw this one together real quick...I mainly wanted to go with team weakness and what players fit the system...(but last year was a perfect example of players not going where they should have!!!)...so take it for what it is worth...and understand it is still very early so position and players will change.

Give me feedback...it will help in my actual mock draft that I will post in late January on the net! Thanks!!!

1. Oakland Raiders - Jamarcus Russell, QB Louisiana State (After seeing Russell play against Quinn..I think Oakland forgoes another Vet and drafts for the future)

2. Detroit Lions - Brady Quinn, QB Notre Dame (..and again...I have no faith that Detroit will draft responsibly)

3. Cleveland Browns - Adrian Peterson, RB Oklahoma (Hate to see Adrian in our division but Cleveland has a great opportunity with the 3rd pick)

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Calvin Johnson, WR Georgia Tech (By far the best WR in the draft...)

5. Arizona Cardinals - Joe Thomas, OT Wisconsin (Arizona needs someone to protect Matt and to open holes for Edge)

6. Washington Redskins - Darrelle Revis, CB Pittsburgh (Washington HAS to upgrade their defense in some way other than throwing money at vets.)

7. Minnesota Vikings- Dwayne Jarrett, WR USC (Another team with serious WR needs)

8. Houston Texans - Ted Ginn Jr, WR Ohio State (Moulds is not the #2 they thought he might be..and they were sold enough on D.Davis to pass on Bush...Davis/Daynes in the backfield next year is not a bad combo)

9. Miami Dolphins- Alan Branch, DT Michigan (best tackle coming out this year)

10. Atlanta Falcons - LaRon Landry, S LSU (Take away D. Hall and the backfield has combined for 1 interception)

11. San Francisco 49ers - Gaines Adams, DE Clemson (Bryant is having a good year but turns 35 next year)

12. Buffalo Bills - Leon Hall, CB Michigan (considered the best CB in the draft by some..)

13.St. Louis Rams - Paul Posluszny, OLB, Penn State (..anyone think that Posluzney might make Dexter Coakley's stats laughable in his first year?)

14. Carolina Panthers - Reggie Nelson, S Florida (Carolina needs a Safety that can support the run and blitz, and Nelson is climbing the charts)

15. Pittsburgh Steelers- Quentin Moses, DE/OLB (OK..you changed my mind for me..Porters replacement is picked up to groom under him for a year)

16.Green Bay Packers-Marshawn Lynch, RB California (at some point opponants need to start respecting the Packers running game)

17. Jacksonville Jaguars - Michael Griffin. S Texas (Griffin is just what they need in a defensive player...and some think he is a steal this late in the draft)

18. Cincinnati Bengals - Marcus McCauley, CB Fresno State (6'1, 4.3..Several UFA's will have this team on the ropes ..and other teams can pass against them...all...day...long)

19. Tennessee Titans- Robert Meachum, WR Tennessee (Meechum stays in Tennessee...instantly makes the WR corp better)

20. New York Giants -Daymeion Hughes, CB California (The Giants get a CB with great size at 6'2 190, and great hands)

21. Denver Broncos- Charles Johnson, DE Georgia (So hard to not go RB..but Denver needs to upgrade their run defense)

22. New England Patriots (from Seattle) - Patrick Willis, LB Mississippi (Best natural ILB in the draft)

23. Dallas Cowboys - Justin Blaylock, OG/OT Texas (Romo needs time to check down...Blaylock locks on to his man until the whistle blows)

24. Kansas City Chiefs - Levi Brown, OT Penn State (Every year I think they will go WR and they never do...)

25. New Orleans Saints - Zack Miller, TE Arizona St (Another weapon in New Orleans... who get the best TE in the draft)

26. New York Jets- Greg Olsen, TE Miami ( (With renewed faith in Pennington..Chad is given an outlet)

27.Chicago Bears -Rufus Alexander, OLB Oklahoma . (With the real possibility of losing a starter to FA..Bears pick up young talent)

28. New England Patriots - Aaron Ross CB Texas (Thorpe award recipient as nations top DB, spent three years behind extremely talented upperclassmen ...Michael Huff, Nathan Vasher, Cedric Griffin... and exploded when given the chance)

29. Baltimore Ravens - Michael Bush RB, Louisville (History of injuries...but the upside on Bush is off the scales

30. Indianapolis Colts- Prescott Burgess, OLB Michigan (Indy is ranked 32 in run defense..Burgess can blitz and lock on to a RB)

31. Philadelphia Eagles-H.B. Blades, LB Pittsburgh (May go OL with Howard getting older..but blades is a serious talent)

32. San Diego Chargers - Jeff Samardzija, WR Notre Dame (will go higher with a good combine...has the size and the hands that teams are looking for)
updated after the bowl games....
Old 04-24-2007, 06:10 AM   #39
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Default Re: LLT's Mock draft (Updated 10th Jan)

My last Mock Draft before Saturday.(Updated on April 24)

1. Oakland Raiders - QB JaMarcus Russell
2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (from Detroit) - WR Calvin Johnson
3. Cleveland Browns - QB Brady Quinn
4. Detroit Lions (from Tampa ) - DE Gaines Adams
5. Arizona Cardinals - OT Joe Thomas
6. Washington Redskins - FS LaRon Landry
7. Minnesota Vikings - HB Adrian Peterson
8. Atlanta Falcons - DE Jamaal Anderson
9. Miami Dolphins - OT Levi Brown
10. Houston Texans (from Atlanta) - WR Tedd Ginn Jr.
11. San Francisco 49'ers - DT Amobi Okoye
12. Buffalo Bills - ILB Patrick Willis
13. St. Louis Rams - DT Alan Branch
14. Carolina Panthers - DE Adam Carricker
15. Pittsburgh Steelers - CB Darrelle Revis
16. New Orleans Saints (from Green Bay) CB Leon Hall
17.Jacksonville Jaguars - FS Reggie Nelson
18. Cincinnati Bengals - TE Greg Olsen
19. Tennessee Titans - CB Aaron Ross
20. New York Giants - OT Joe Staley
21. Denver Broncos - DE Anthony Spencer
22. Dallas Cowboys -S Michael Griffin
23. Kansas City Chiefs - DT Justin Harrell
24. New England Patriots (from Seattle) - CB Chris Houston
25. New York Jets - HB Marshawn Lynch
26. Philadelphia Eagles - WR Dwayne Bowe
27. Green Bay Packers (from New Orleans)-WR Robert Meachum
28. New England Patriots - ILB David Harris
29. Baltimore Ravens - OLB Lawrence Timmons
30. San Diego Chargers - ILB Paul Posluszny
31. Chicago Bears - OLB Jon Beason
32. Indianapolis Colts - WR Anthony Gonzalez
Old 04-24-2007, 08:02 AM   #40
Crushzilla
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5106
Default Re: LLT's Mock draft (Updated 10th Jan)

It is crazy to see how much has changed in the past few months... (Dwayne who?)...

After all the combines, 3 months of idle time, and player visits, a lot changes....

I just don't see the Steelers taking Revis... I've seen that on a few mocks and I really think they are gonna hold true to a DE/OLB... Although I see here that the teams right before the Steelers took quite afew drospects at that position... In that case...

The addition of Revis would solidify our secondary in the next few years... Imagine, Troy and Smith at Safety, Revis and Ike (or McFadden) at Corner... that would be a force for years to come...

Actually... now that you mention it...

Revis doesn't seem like a bad pick :-)