Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 12-08-2006, 07:55 AM   #1
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313
Default my take

The football game we saw last night was Bill Cowher football 101. This is the type of football we are used to see out of our beloved coach. One of the things i've been pissing about most this year is the lack of balance. It's weird how we run the football we normally turnout up top. I have been critical of some of the play calling and decision making by whisenhunt and cowher. I have felt the passing game has been to thick. I saw very few stupid penaltys. I can only think of harrisons running into the kicker mishap in the first quarter. While willie parker had a career game I do have concerns about his consistancy. I knew before the game he was going to have a great game as it was a home game. I want to see parker be dominant on the road as well. This defense was incrediable. I saw energy and fire. And more importantly leadership. Let the run to the playoffs begin. We will win out the rest of our games from this point forward, you heard it here first boys and girls.
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 08:05 AM   #2
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: my take

I'm going to keep on believing that with a lot of help from other playoff contenders and the Steelers winning the remainder of their games, they can make a run for that 6th Lombardi and snatch it up! While realistically the chances are very slim, I do believe in miracles.

I can't really single out Parker this season for inconsistency - that description seems to fit most of this 2006 team. They all brought their A game last night and played admirably, but I think it's safe to say that very few of our guys have played with the drive and intensity we saw last night on a regular basis thus far this season. Hopefully, the team inconsistencies are behind them and they can get that run on the roll!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 08:07 AM   #3
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

and I forgot to mention the offensive line last night was great. I was so pleased last night watching charlie batch to come in and mop up the clowns. I cant wait to here what the great cleveland sports talk station has to say about last nights ass kicking.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:22 AM   #4
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

It was a great victory but I'm wondering one thing....
Late in the game with just over 5 minutes to go, it look like the clowns WR caught the ball and then fumbled it with a Steeler recovering it. Bill never challenged the call and the next play the clowns score. Why wasn't it challenged? Bill knows the hatred for the clowns and getting a shutout on them would have been, well, perfect! Even if he doesn't get the reversal and wastes a time out, it would have been worth it. Not like we needed the TOs.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 08:48 AM   #5
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717

dont take that game into too much thought, it was the browns. very nice win but it was still the browns, if we can show up playing and running like that when we play the bengals and ravens then we can start braggin.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:08 AM   #6
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

I was thinking on all of those lines as well. But then I went back to the thought that we have won 4 out of our last five. And that win against the aints was pretty impressive
Old 12-08-2006, 09:29 AM   #7
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

Honestly, I think the team that showed up last night would have beaten the Ravens or any other team we played this year. There was a "teamness" to the game that has been missing. I really liked the overall enthusiasm they showed, the team tackling, and the drive for the last yard, and the smothering special teams play. And only one turnover.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:04 AM   #8
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,543 Times in 3,762 Posts

One minor disappointment was that on the drive that resulted in the last FG, Collinsworth noted that the crowd was in to the power running display to kill the clock with Davenport.

After Collinsworth said that, Davenport immediately got stuffed on 2 short yardage plays.

Given that the line played as well as it has all year last night (OK - I admit it was the Browns - let's see them do it again against Carolina next week), the inability of Davenport to move the pile on thiose 2 runs makes me question whether he is the answer at power back to spell Parker in 2007.

Any thoughts on whether Davenport is the answer to that question?
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:18 AM   #9
ChronoCross
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2201

I know what people say about Parker and not performing all the time, but its not just him its the offensive line. Have you seen the offensive line block like this year. How many times was Ben on his back, how many times was he pressured. Look at the holes the line was openning. That was the way the line was suppost to block. That is the best blocking I seen all year from the line. The line actually played with heart and omg motivation and see how well they did. If they can keep that up, Parker will have 100+yards each game. If you do not have the holes your not going anywere anyways, so you cannot blame parker for not getting the yards. Man Parker could of easly had a 2000 yard season if the line blocks like that every game. I know people are down about the season but its not over and I am very happy on seeing what were taking into next season. And if we get in the playoffs no one will want to play us. Because they know we have the heart and hunger back.
ChronoCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:20 AM   #10
Sith Lord
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 977

Uh, the bowns were on the other side of the ball. Some I know the game started late, so I jus figured I'd let you know in case you fell asleep before it started.
Sith Lord is offline   Reply With Quote