Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 12-08-2006, 10:11 AM   #1
Infamix
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 917
Default Panthers

I know its a long way from now, but it'll go quick. Our offensive line really played well yesterday, but the Panthers d-line and the Browns d-line are two different things. With Rucker and Peppers coming from the outside, we really need good protection for Ben, and Willie probably won't be able to bounce his runs to the outside. I see Willie having 93 yards on 17 carries and 2 tds, and Ben throwing for one. Delhomme is out, but Steve Smith vs all our youngsters might be a good matchup for the Panthers. The Steelers don't have the best 3rd down defense, but the Panthers have the worst 3rd down offense. Pittsburgh by a touchdown

Steelers 24

Panthers 17
Infamix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:17 AM   #2
coachspeak33
Banned

Member Number: 2231
Default Re: Panthers

i hope your right infamix..... after the game last night was the first time in weeks i even allowed myself to THINK about the playoffs.... wishful thinking probably.... but i would love to see us finish 9-7 and limp in .....

hey NFL..... dont mind us.... we're a bad team..... just a six seed.... pay no attention to us.
coachspeak33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 11:22 AM   #3
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Let's not forget that the Panthers also have Keyshawn Johnson, another good receiver. So trying to Double Team one could prove to be a dangerous game.
I think if our Line and Protect packages handle the load like they did last night, we should be able to open up the pass which will in turn open up the run!!

A message to the O-Line....
FREE WILLIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:06 PM   #4
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachspeak33 View Post
hey NFL..... dont mind us.... we're a bad team..... just a six seed.... pay no attention to us.
That's exactly the way we want it coach! As long as they continue to believe in themselves and each other, they can "neek up on 'em" just like they did last season.

I don't take any team lightly and I'm not going to take the Panthers lightly either, even with their 2 game losing streak - possibly 3 with them hosting the Giants this week- going into next Sunday's matchup. They are vying to get into the playoffs, as well, and I fully expect them to give us a run for our money. Presently, the Panthers are ranked 10th in the NFL against the pass and 13th against the rush. On the other side of the ball, the Steelers are ranked 13th in rushing and 8th in passing, so I think we're in for a pretty good game here. If Jake Delhomme does play, he's kind of like Jake Plummer - you never know which side of him you are going to see on that field. When Jake is on, he's on and when he's not, he stinks. He's a real nice fella and a total teamer, but he seems to have butterfingers and doesn't like to be hurried. He does have the advantage of having Steve Smith to throw to, as that guy catches just about anything near him, so the Steelers D is going to have to be sure to blanket him as much as possible. At present, the Panthers are ranked 17th in their passing attack and 19th in rushing, while the Steelers D is ranked 14th against the pass and 7th against the rush. I don't see them having much success against the Steelers front line trying to run the ball in this matchup, so Jake (or Chris Weinke) is pretty much going to have to beat us with his arm. I dare him!

This one could come down to a late FG, but hopefully not.

Steelers - 27
Panthers - 17

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:09 PM   #5
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

We can beat the Panthers.Hell,if a McNabbless Eagles can beat them, I know we can.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:21 PM   #6
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post
We can beat the Panthers.Hell,if a McNabbless Eagles can beat them, I know we can.
Of course we CAN beat the Panthers. It is a question of WILL.

I know it was only the OSU JV team team we beat last night but the attitude and tone of the game was strong.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 04:10 PM   #7
memphissteelergirl
Head Coach

Member Number: 2648

*Sigh*

Not that I am going to be cheering against my Steelers, but it's going to be hard for me to not hope that DeAngelo Williams has a good game (he came out of U of Memphis, my alma mater, you see).

I feel so...conflicted
Old 12-08-2006, 04:20 PM   #8
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,262 Times in 2,304 Posts

I don't think Steve Smith and Keyshawn Johnson are going to drop as many passes as the clowns did, so we might be in a little bit of trouble with those two. Our D isn't getting a lot of pressure on the QBs like they need to do. Its going to be a good close game.IMHO

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 04:27 PM   #9
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphissteelergirl View Post
*Sigh*

Not that I am going to be cheering against my Steelers, but it's going to be hard for me to not hope that DeAngelo Williams has a good game (he came out of U of Memphis, my alma mater, you see).

I feel so...conflicted
I understand your dilemma and I've been there before myself...but then something clicked inside of me....
He (being my favorite player) wasn't a Steeler and as much as I wanted him to do well in all his games, this is one game I wanted him to fail!!!

If it's NOT BLACK AND GOLD, then it's wrong!!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote