Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 12-10-2006, 08:51 PM   #1
SteelFan4Life
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1262
Default Can We 'Realistically' Win The Last Three?

Everybody is talking about playoff scenarios and what teams need to loss what games for the Steelers to 'slip' into the playoffs. All these scenarios count on the Steelers winning their last three games. Realistically, can that be done?

I can see us beating the Panthers - esp. if Jake Del. remains out for next week.

However, I'm not so sure we can pull off an upset against the Ravens. Judging by our last meeting with them - they are HUNGRY for the playoffs this season. Our boys have just NOT showed that same desire this season.

Also, can we beat the Bengals to wrap up the season? I'm pretty sure they are going to do EVERYthing they can to keep the Steelers out of the playoffs.

Now, I AM a diehard Steelers fan (do not take my comments wrong). However, I'm just trying to be realistic here. I do not like getting hopes up just to have them smashed.

So, I say we will go 2-1 the last three and finish 8-8 with no playoffs. Sad, but seems un-avoidable.
(on the SB Victory) "The strangest part was when I got here, working out, and the strength coach, (John) Lott, kept talking about not winning it," McFadden said after practice. "In the back of my mind, I'm like, 'Well, I won it.' " - Bryant McFadden
SteelFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 08:54 PM   #2
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,467 Times in 3,329 Posts
Default Re: Can We 'Realistically' Win The Last Three?

Bengals will be the toughest of the three but knocking them out of the playoffs would be by far the most satisfying of the three games to win.

Wins over terrible Browns and Bucs teams do not lead me to believe all 3 remaining games will be won. Most likely win is the Ravens game at home.
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 08:59 PM   #3
Steelers
Starter

Member Number: 2373

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Most likely win is the Ravens game at home.
Care to elaborate on that, Sparky?
Old 12-10-2006, 09:01 PM   #4
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Bengals will be the toughest of the three but knocking them out of the playoffs would be by far the most satisfying of the three games to win.
I'm not sure I agree with this - we GAVE Cincy the first game we played against them this year, and they still cannot stop the run. I see the Baltimore game as being the toughest to win.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 09:09 PM   #5
NV STEELERS 723
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2572

I like our chances of the STEELERS beating the Bengals away...they beat us at home this year...

The Ravens are so tough!!! They went into KC and kicked their butt... they have a great D and McNair is not about to make mistakes... even w/ the STEELERS at home I just don't see us beating them.... we have a history of turnovers this year and the Ravens are I think + 15 on that subject.... so even though I hope so much .... I think we lose to the Ravens at Heinz Field....

Sorry I did this backwards, but STEELERS beat the Panthers by 14 points.....

8-8 does not make the dance....

But I still love the STEELERS!
NV STEELERS 723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 09:10 PM   #6
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by NV STEELERS 723 View Post
I like our chances of the STEELERS beating the Bengals away...they beat us at home this year...

The Ravens are so tough!!! They went into KC and kicked their butt... they have a great D and McNair is not about to make mistakes... even w/ the STEELERS at home I just don't see us beating them.... we have a history of turnovers this year and the Ravens are I think + 15 on that subject.... so even though I hope so much .... I think we lose to the Ravens at Heinz Field....

Sorry I did this backwards, but STEELERS beat the Panthers by 14 points.....

8-8 does not make the dance....

But I still love the STEELERS!
I'd be happy with an 8-8 record, considering the dismal 2-6 start.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 09:23 PM   #7
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,467 Times in 3,329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers View Post
Care to elaborate on that, Sparky?
Well, for starters it is a home game rather than a road game. Steelers home record this year is much better than their road record and home field is still generally regarded by bookies as worth three points.

In addition, while the Ravens beat a fading Chiefs team on the road today, they have been less than impressive in road trips to Denver and Cincy. I do not look for the Ravens to repeat their dominating run performance at Heinz and the special teams are not as big a concern since Sams is gone for the year.

In addition, I do believe the Steelers have some pride and will be motivated to seek some payback for the 27-0 pasting 2 weeks ago.

Moreover, if you go back to 2000 this series has split every season (except when the Steelers won home and away in 2002), including both teams Super Bowl seasons.

Finally, since I still expect Cowher to be gone after this season I believe the team and Cowher will be jacked for what potentially is his last home game as Steelers head coach.

Barring injuries I expect the Steelers to be no worse than pick 'em and probably a slight favorite on December 24.
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 09:30 PM   #8
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Yes, I think we can. No, it is not that I have my head in the clouds.

Carolina... yep, we can do it.

Now, Ravens, Cowher came out and said that the problem was his game planning. He did not plan well at all. That will change. Last game showed that they learned how to protect Ben (yeah, I know it was the Browns.... but the schemes were right). Ravens didn't put up too many points on the Steelers by long drives, Steelers mistakes allowed the points to be put up by playing on a short field. Yeah, it will be difficult, but realistically, 50/50. Maybe better.

Bengals... Well, No run defense... Parker over 200 yards on the run. Buh-bye.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 09:31 PM   #9
Steelers
Starter

Member Number: 2373

Quote:
Well, for starters it is a home game rather than a road game. Steelers home record this year is much better than their road record and home field is still generally regarded by bookies as worth three points.

In addition, while the Ravens beat a fading Chiefs team on the road today, they have been less than impressive in road trips to Denver and Cincy. I do not look for the Ravens to repeat their dominating run performance at Heinz and the special teams are not as big a concern since Sams is gone for the year.

In addition, I do believe the Steelers have some pride and will be motivated to seek some payback for the 27-0 pasting 2 weeks ago.

Moreover, if you go back to 2000 this series has split every season (except when the Steelers won home and away in 2002), including both teams Super Bowl seasons.

Finally, since I still expect Cowher to be gone after this season I believe the team and Cowher will be jacked for what potentially is his last home game as Steelers head coach.

Barring injuries I expect the Steelers to be no worse than pick 'em and probably a slight favorite on December 24.
I don't know. That sounds too superstitious to me. Thinking we'll win because we've split every season since 2000, and home field advantage, and the Cowher-factor isn't quite as tangible as I'd like, but with a team this emotional, who knows?

Without significant injuries to their squad, Baltimore will give us all we can handle.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:38 PM   #10
SwedishSteeler
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 4022

Maybe I just see things in a different way since I grew up in another country...But when your sports team has a way...any way to win it all you don't ask yourself "will my team win?"...you just don't. You count on your team to do everything it possibly can; and that includes winning. Of COURSE we can realistically win this sh!t...I know I ain't been here, but every other damn thread in this part of the forum seems to be putting the steelers down rather than putting them through...

The ravens, in my opinion did not play that well against us in our first meeting; we just played horribly against them. So, this time; knowing what we have to do better, we'll beat them...easily.

Cincy = win

Atlanta = win.

I CANT WAIT!!! SUPERBOWL 41.
SwedishSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote