Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-14-2006, 10:20 AM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,529 Times in 3,968 Posts
Question our homefield advantage on the road???

what happened to it? last year you could see and hear our crowd at road games, sometimes 15,000 strong. this year it seems non existant. am i imagining this?

are more teams home fans showing up to see and root against the steelers? last year we would always discuss how well the steelerfans traveled and how loud it would be in other stadiums. not a single topic on it this season.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 11:27 AM   #2
coachspeak33
Banned

Member Number: 2231
Default Re: our homefield advantage on the road???

interesting point tony, your right we havent heard much talk this season about the steeler nation taking over too many stadiums....

think about this though.... they coulda been there with very little to cheer about.... kinda like the old saying... if a tree falls in the woods and nobody is there to hear it, does it make a sound?
coachspeak33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 11:32 AM   #3
coachspeak33
Banned

Member Number: 2231

so the new saying goes like this.....

if 12,000 steeler fans fill an opponents stadium, only to watch the steelers enter the game unprepared, turn the ball over at an alarming rate, endure multiple unsportsmanlike conduct personal fouls, celebration penalties, etc....... if all this happens then did the 12,000 strong steeler ans really show up?
coachspeak33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 11:40 AM   #4
Infamix
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 917

I think it stopped after the Raiders game. I traveled with my friend all the way from Jersey to see the San Diego game, and there were ALOT of Steeler fans there. I mean every hotel, restaraunt, everything was invaded by Steeler fans.
Infamix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 02:59 PM   #5
SteelersWoman
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3077

It seems to me that if people go to road games to root for our guys when they're winning, but stop if they're losing, that amounts to what....a fair weather fan?

ANYbody can root for us when we're winning, but it takes die hards to do it when we're not.

That's just "my" opinion on it, I'm sure others have their own.
SteelersWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 03:39 PM   #6
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,245 Times in 3,621 Posts

I witnessed Steeler Nation out in full force personally at the Atlanta game (local media said we left previous crowds of Bears and Cowboys fans in the dust) and understand it also was at the San Diego game. The Steelers fans had around 25% of the tickets in Atlanta and were primed to take over the Georgia Dome.

Unfortunately, in the Atlanta game the Falcons crowd got into the game after Holmes fumbled a punt and the Falcons scored early in the 1st Q, got back into the game in the 2nd Q with the Steelers up 17-7 when Ben and Hartings screwed up a center snap and the Falcons scored (see a pattern?), and then got amped up again in the 3rd Q when Simmons ran the wrong way on a play that resulted in a Parker fumble followed by the Falcons then regaining the lead.

At least while they were in contention, it has not been a matter of fair weather Steelers fans in road games but the Steelers self-destructing instead of grabbing the lead and then controlling the second half (unlike 2004 and 2005) that has kept fans of the home team charged up and prevented the Steelers fans from taking over the crowd in road games this year.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 03:54 PM   #7
Stilliz
Water Boy

Member Number: 3268

We couldnt even fill Heinz field last week, what the hell do you expect ?

Dee Dee Dee
Stilliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 03:59 PM   #8
A.M.
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 4226

I went to the Bucs vs. Steelers game...the attendance was pathetic. I think we're giving up on our team...you need to slap those who are jumping on the Chargers bandwagon!
A.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 04:24 PM   #9
geran42o
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilliz View Post
We couldnt even fill Heinz field last week, what the hell do you expect ?

Dee Dee Dee
We couldn't fill the stadium because you couldn't get to the stadium. I went to the Browns- Steelers game. Should have only taken me 2 hrs to get there. But it took us 4hrs. We were stuck in traffic for 2 hrs and we were only 20 mins from Hienz Field. After half time the stadium started filling up. But by that time we had pretty much sealed the win and the ones who were there early started to leave.

geran42o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 06:04 PM   #10
Indy_Steelers
Team Captain

Member Number: 1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersWoman View Post
It seems to me that if people go to road games to root for our guys when they're winning, but stop if they're losing, that amounts to what....a fair weather fan?

ANYbody can root for us when we're winning, but it takes die hards to do it when we're not.

That's just "my" opinion on it, I'm sure others have their own.

I can agree with that. As much as I hate to say it, we too have people jumping on and off the bandwagon. I however have worn a Steeler shirt every day since trainnig camp started and will have one on every day until we play our last game this season. After that it is college basketball time and I will wear one once and a while.