Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-14-2006, 12:26 PM   #1
coachspeak33
Banned

Member Number: 2231
Default The college reg season ended..... what next for Whiz?

I find it very interesting that:

the college regular season has ended.... several jobs have become available..... others have opened up only to be quickly filled....... in addition their has been talk about a handful of NFL HC jobs that appear to be available in about four weeks.

Now I am online throughout the work day, and dont tell my bosses but I will scan a sports site a time or two or ten or twenty times a day. I have what seems like a billion sports channels with a billion talk shows (which sad to say, I watch tivo'd episodes of many of them regularly) and not once on any of them have I heard the name Kenny Whisenhunt.

I will however read his name on this site quite often during the will he/wont he, Bill Cowher threads.

Now we heard his name thrown around for the head job in Oak-town during last years SB run. And I will admit, the Whiz threw some pretty nice wrinkles into the ofensive scheme and to be quite honest I dont know how good I felt about Ben's only O coordinator of his career leaving after things had went so well.

But looking back I think I made an error in judgement....yes all you billy cowher sheep.... mistakes can happen.

The mistake I made was putting too much stock in an offer to become not just a HC, but the head coach of the abyss known as the Oakland Raiders. That is a job that nobody really wants.... they might take it..... but i dont think too many guys that are legitimate NFL head coaching candidates wake up at night in a cold sweat saying...

"Thats it!!! Honey, wake up.... I've got it... All of my professional prayers will be answererd if I could just go work for Al Davis!!!!.... Ya know, go get some film time with my franchise player...Randy Moss....and hey, they got a helluva defense."

So maybe we all jumped the gun slightly. So is it okay to stop with the talk about how "we've got whisenhunt and grimm, and if cowher leaves, we'll be just fine with either of them, and for god sakes stop with the Darren Perry bull-pucky. No other team would hire DP so why should or would we?

Oh I know I know... we hired bill when he was unknown....blah blah blah or should i say baaaaa baaaaaaa baaaaa. If you were walking through the woods one day and stumbled upon a crisp 20 dollar bill, the next time you needed money would you go wandering through the woods again????

This team has all the talent to go on a New England type run of being serious challengers for the rest of this decade and a good two or three years into the next one.... but they need a proven coach.......PERIOD.

Alabama cant find anyone to take them seriously and not one mention of any of our assistants.... that should tell you something right there.
coachspeak33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 07:02 AM   #2
coachspeak33
Banned

Member Number: 2231
Default Re: The college reg season ended..... what next for Whiz?

Something I forgot....if Billy left.... and the Rooney's went outside the organization to fill the HC vacancy.... would either Grimm or Whizenhunt stay iin the current positions???? Would the new HC in charge bring in "his O coordinator"?
coachspeak33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 08:49 AM   #3
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313
Default Re: The college reg season ended..... what next for Whiz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachspeak33 View Post
Something I forgot....if Billy left.... and the Rooney's went outside the organization to fill the HC vacancy.... would either Grimm or Whizenhunt stay iin the current positions???? Would the new HC in charge bring in "his O coordinator"?
Well unless its is the oakland job typically new coaches bring in there own personal. I have a gut feeling if bill steps down that grimm nor whizenhunt will get the head coaching job. And if I remeber right Ron Erhardt was part of Chuck Knolls staff. So you never know
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote