Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-15-2006, 06:19 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,700 Times in 2,902 Posts
Default big Bens rush attempts vs. interceptions

04- 14 games/ 56 rush/ 11 int
05- 12 games/ 31 rush/ 9 int
06- 12 games/ 20 rush/ 20 int

anyone see a trend? his passing yards are his highest ever this year, but so are his sacks. his completion % is at its lowest.

half his interceptions/ sacks probably wouldve been rush attempts if it werent for his accidents/ injuries.

an interresting stat is the steelers always win when ben rushes for a td. 7-7 i think.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 07:53 PM   #2
Indy_Steelers
Team Captain

Member Number: 1117
Default Re: big Bens rush attempts vs. interceptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post

anyone see a trend? his passing yards are his highest ever this year, but so are his sacks. his completion % is at its lowest.

half his interceptions/ sacks probably wouldve been rush attempts if it werent for his accidents/ injuries.

an interresting stat is the steelers always win when ben rushes for a td. 7-7 i think.
I agree totally.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:58 PM   #3
ChronoCross
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2201

Quote:

You can look at trends stats anything you like. But in all he is only 2 points off of last years percentage of completion. Sacks are up because the line is not actually blocking consistently, Ben is not the same as last year. Ben has not had a chance to heal. People say well Ben was healthy, na no he was not. He still has not gained all his weight back. His play and judgement and him not scrambling like he used to shows he is not the same. There has been some outings were Ben has showed glimpse of his oldself, then he gets a concusion and back to in the hole he goes. Any fan can set there and call them Ben bashers are whatever they like but facts be facts, Ben should not of started his first 5 to 6 games to get him back in playing shape, physically, and mentally. Playing Batch just for them few games would of helped Ben more then anyone could even begin to know. Coach Cowher made a big mistake and people get called bashers if they do not believe any other way then Ben should play. Tell me this how can Ben Heal if he is always on his back. Tell me how he can heal when he suffers another concusion. Its not pretty but its the truth. I am not even worried about the playoffs, I am worried about how long can Ben play for us. Well Cowher already stuck his foot in this one by starting Ben to early and pushing him back to early.

Truth be Truth. Were having a SB high year. 1 more win and we will not be as bad as Denver did at 6-10. Ben was started to soon. Offensive Line has cost us lots of sacks, rushing yards by not opening holes, WR's dropping balls, Fumbles, Bad special teams efforts. You could go into a long line of what has went wrong but do not put it all on Ben, even tho Ben drove a motorcycle without a license, yes a unexperienced rider. It has been a team effort in are downfall this year.
ChronoCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 08:09 PM   #4
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoCross View Post
You can look at trends stats anything you like. But in all he is only 2 points off of last years percentage of completion. Sacks are up because the line is not actually blocking consistently, Ben is not the same as last year. Ben has not had a chance to heal. People say well Ben was healthy, na no he was not. He still has not gained all his weight back. His play and judgement and him not scrambling like he used to shows he is not the same. There has been some outings were Ben has showed glimpse of his oldself, then he gets a concusion and back to in the hole he goes. Any fan can set there and call them Ben bashers are whatever they like but facts be facts, Ben should not of started his first 5 to 6 games to get him back in playing shape, physically, and mentally. Playing Batch just for them few games would of helped Ben more then anyone could even begin to know. Coach Cowher made a big mistake and people get called bashers if they do not believe any other way then Ben should play. Tell me this how can Ben Heal if he is always on his back. Tell me how he can heal when he suffers another concusion. Its not pretty but its the truth. I am not even worried about the playoffs, I am worried about how long can Ben play for us. Well Cowher already stuck his foot in this one by starting Ben to early and pushing him back to early.

Truth be Truth. Were having a SB high year. 1 more win and we will not be as bad as Denver did at 6-10. Ben was started to soon. Offensive Line has cost us lots of sacks, rushing yards by not opening holes, WR's dropping balls, Fumbles, Bad special teams efforts. You could go into a long line of what has went wrong but do not put it all on Ben, even tho Ben drove a motorcycle without a license, yes a unexperienced rider. It has been a team effort in are downfall this year.
completion %

04 - 66.4
05- 62.7
06- 60.1

the trend continues. ben wouldnt be starting if he werent healthy.

whether it be the psychological impact of the injuries, or the coaches play calling because of the injuries, bens running the ball would cut back on the burden of willie carrying almost 80% (more than jerome has) of rushing load = fewer sacks/ints.

ben was pretty insistant on throwing more.

rushing more = wins
Old 12-15-2006, 08:31 PM   #5
ChronoCross
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2201

Quote:
completion %

04 - 66.4
05- 62.7
06- 60.1

the trend continues. ben wouldnt be starting if he werent healthy.

whether it be the psychological impact of the injuries, or the coaches play calling because of the injuries, bens running the ball would cut back on the burden of willie carrying almost 80% (more than jerome has) of rushing load = fewer sacks/ints.

ben was pretty insistant on throwing more.

rushing more = wins
If you think he was 100% healthy your in wonderland. What he went thru is not a overnight return and be strong at your position. Loss of muscle mass is part of his weight loss. Next season you will see the old Ben back the one who scrambles, the one who makes plays all the time. Yes I truely believe Ben was pushed back to soon and will always believe that. Watching NFL for over 30 years, you see players get pushed back to soon, sometimes it ruins there careers, some bounce back. Take a look at dropped balls before looking at his completion percentage to.
ChronoCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 09:16 PM   #6
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoCross View Post
If you think he was 100% healthy your in wonderland. What he went thru is not a overnight return and be strong at your position. Loss of muscle mass is part of his weight loss. Next season you will see the old Ben back the one who scrambles, the one who makes plays all the time. Yes I truely believe Ben was pushed back to soon and will always believe that. Watching NFL for over 30 years, you see players get pushed back to soon, sometimes it ruins there careers, some bounce back. Take a look at dropped balls before looking at his completion percentage to.
your not suggesting his injuries had anything to do with his wr's dropping balls are you?

c. palmer wasnt 100% when he returned. then again neither was d. culpepper. d. brees still had questions about him as did c. pennington.

he returned. he played. the doctors said he was alright to do so. the lack of jeromes rushes, and his own played as big a part as his accidents. it was probably a cumulative effect, not just 1 thing.

but i think its pretty clear that the steelers are better off when hes able (or wants) to scramble more.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:21 PM   #7
Tankus_Maximus
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 519

I think Ben's gun-shy.

Can ya blame him?

"I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me." -Rorschach
Tankus_Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 12:50 PM   #8
siss
Team Captain

Member Number: 1611

I dont think it was just the accident. I think it was the combination of theaccident, Appendectomy and the concusion that has caused Bens poor play this season. Everytime something would happen and he had to set the reseat button everytime and that takes a tole on your body physically and emotionally. I dont think he will ever admitt it but I think a lot of Bens problems this year has been more mental then physical. and What clued me into that was when he said something to effect of "Even if Im playing bad this season Im still just gunna be happy to be out there. I think this offseason Ben will gain some muscle back, watch a lot of tape and learn from this whole thing. And you can't tell me that after the events of June 12 your happy to just see him out there. I would rather watch him struggle, then not have him there at all.

He's ready, Steelers fans. His ordeal over, his return will be complete come Saturday in Arizona, when football again becomes the focus and a career briefly interrupted resumes.
~SI aticle 2006~
siss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 03:27 PM   #9
nicesteel4life
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1775

Speak it loud and proud SISS