Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 12-18-2006, 10:19 AM   #11
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Rookie steps into a scolding

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDuke6 View Post
Smith is a rook and he made a mistake. He forgot he plays in Pittsburgh, not Dallas.
As long as the lesson is learned, then all if forgiven. And man, love the way he brings the wood. Great hit on Steve Smith yesterday.
Thank you!!! The kid got caught up in the moment and that's all it was. He was admonished for his behavior - end of story.

Sheesh - if this is the worst behaviors a couple of our players exhibit, we don't really have much to complain about, do we? At least we don't have players stomping on opponents heads or as mentioned above, spitting in others' faces. Cowher and Labeau hopefully got through to him and the others, but in the long run, Hines and Haynes have been around here for long enough to know that Cowher doesn't advocate that type of behavior. These aren't pee wee leaguers - they're grown men.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 10:24 AM   #12
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
As I said in another thread last night, Cowher saying "this will not happen again" is getting old.

The point of practice and coaching is that players act instinctively in game situations. The message to cut out the on field performance art apparently has not sunk in yet, which is a coaching issue

It was Carolina's own fault that they were being blown out when Smith became a drum major after the INT, but that trick created the potential for a Knicks-Nuggets style brawl.
Thank you. IMO, it goes beyond the "he made a rookie mistake, it's not the end of the world". It's a reflection on the coaching. But Cowher said "it will never happen again", so I guess we should believe it.

Personally, I'm not stating it's the end of the world. I'm not going to hold it against Smith for as long as he's a Steeler. Once again, I'm more concerned with the fact that our vets and our rookies are not listening to Bill Cowher this year. I guess these incidents only matter when it costs us a game or when we lose.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:18 PM   #13
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Thank you!!! The kid got caught up in the moment and that's all it was. He was admonished for his behavior - end of story.

Sheesh - if this is the worst behaviors a couple of our players exhibit, we don't really have much to complain about, do we? At least we don't have players stomping on opponents heads or as mentioned above, spitting in others' faces. Cowher and Labeau hopefully got through to him and the others, but in the long run, Hines and Haynes have been around here for long enough to know that Cowher doesn't advocate that type of behavior. These aren't pee wee leaguers - they're grown men.

Well said HomeTown. Smith's "stuntin" (so to speak) is being blown far out of proportion. I know they're some here whom in their best (In living Color Men on Film voice's,...) "Haaaated It"
But in all honesty Anthony's actions were just a matter of playing with confidence and intensity. (Having nothing to do with a lack of class or sportsmanship)
Once again, (for the "two snaps in a circle" crowd),......this is FOOTBALL. "Knock it off"

"Hail Caesar,.....HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 05:28 PM   #14
sumo
Team Captain

Member Number: 3047

LeBeau and Cowher both overreacted to this -- big freakin deal - all you have to say is nice pic - next time show some class - instead LeBeau is grabbing him and getting in his face, then Cowher with the spit flying - I remember last year when Troy tried to lateral after a pic and almost lost the possession - LeBeau and Cowher hardly said anything to him about it -- it really is no big deal --these guys get fired up and sometimes they make mistakes -- the last thing we want to do is "pull in the reigns" on this dude, because he's playing good - the secondary has been playing with a lot more intensity since he's been in there...

"The Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ..the Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ...you wanna crown their a--, then crown'em..." Dennis Green - voted Best Damn Quote by Fox Sports and Sumo-2006
sumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 06:23 PM   #15
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

Well enough has been said on this subject, I too thought it was awfully stupid, considering he could have gained more yards also.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 06:47 PM   #16
klick81
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCzar76 View Post
Well said HomeTown. Smith's "stuntin" (so to speak) is being blown far out of proportion. I know they're some here whom in their best (In living Color Men on Film voice's,...) "Haaaated It"
But in all honesty Anthony's actions were just a matter of playing with confidence and intensity. (Having nothing to do with a lack of class or sportsmanship)
Once again, (for the "two snaps in a circle" crowd),......this is FOOTBALL. "Knock it off"

LOL! You were on a roll with that one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines Ward
What are you going to say, I was too rough?
klick81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 06:59 PM   #17
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

Quote:
Originally Posted by klick81 View Post
LOL! You were on a roll with that one...

"Thank you,.....thank you". "I'm here all week,......try the Veal" (Or the "masculinity" for the those whom are men,.....yet teste impaired)

SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote