Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Tailgate Party

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 12-22-2006, 04:33 AM   #1
ThatGuy246
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 3089
Default Christmas Eve Tailgating

First, let me express my apologies to the SF powers that be. I know full well that this is a redundant topic, but my personal stake in it was just dramatically magnified a few hours ago.

My father and I will be attending each of our first Stillers game on Christmas Eve. After surprising him with the tickets yesterday - which literally left him speechless -, he was fairly confident that he knew of several colleagues who would be tailgating prior the stadium opening with whom we could meet up with in advance of kickoff, though it turns out most of them are not planning on attending due to familial commitments. Despite my humiliation to admit this, I haven't lived in Pittsburgh for almost ten years, and most of my friends from the area have long since relocated. The point being is that I would really like to show my father a good time, and doing so is inexplicably important to be, and I would love to find a place to get him a beer and have some conversation with fellow fans before kickoff.

I can guarantee you that we are both die-hard fans, and very respectable and sociable individuals. My father is a highly-respected executive in the Pittsburgh community, and I am a student with a lot to lose were we just to be drunken exploiters. He has had an historically awful few months, and all I want to do is show him a great afternoon that he can remember regardless of the final score. If anyone would be so kind as to private message me with a cell phone number and allow us to join your crew to get pumped before we head in, I swear to you that I will pay all of your expenses for the entire tailgating session in cash on arrival (though, hopefully understandably, I would have to do so subtly).

If anyone here is going, and could find the room in their hearts and resources, I sincerely mean that it would be incredibly helpful to shoring up the relationship between a very good man and his son, and that, at the very least, I will cover ALL of your expenses.

I've asked several questions prior to purchasing the tickets, and everyone here has been incredibly supportive to a guy they've never met. Many thanks in advance, and I look forward to meeting some people from this forum. Either way, to those going, may you have a tremendous time, and to everyone, a very happy holiday season...

-DJ
(412) 215-0194
ThatGuy246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 09:37 AM   #2
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784
Default Re: Christmas Eve Tailgating

Check with Stlrs4life. He has a tailgate every time. Ususally posts a thread welcoming all SF members. Really great people. You're sure to have a good time with them. It's BYOB and something to contribute food wise or BYOB and a monetary donation. Hope you and your Dad have a blast! Merry Christmas!

Thanks to MeanJoe for surprising me with my new sig.
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 10:56 AM   #3
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419
My Mood: Bored
Default Re: Christmas Eve Tailgating

Read this thread:
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=13377

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote