Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-19-2006, 02:14 PM   #11
MJ5150
Starter

Member Number: 3203
Default Re: Pitts vs. Ravens

So hey.....what is the general feeling among Raven fans? Easy win Sunday like last time? Are you guys worried about anyone on the Steelers? Willie Parker has gone over 100 yards rushing at home every game this season.

-Mike
MJ5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 02:33 PM   #12
DarkRaven
Banned

Member Number: 4312

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ5150 View Post
So hey.....what is the general feeling among Raven fans? Easy win Sunday like last time? Are you guys worried about anyone on the Steelers? Willie Parker has gone over 100 yards rushing at home every game this season.

-Mike

Well, I must admit the Steelers are the Ravens biggest rival. The Ravens take the Steelers seriously in every facet of the game. These two teams truly hate each other but respect each other's talent. The Steeler fans rival may still be the Cleveland Browns, but since they returned to the league, I'm not sure if that same rivarly is there.

Expect the Ravens starters to be active throughout the entire game. There isn't a day when the Ravens will sleep on the Steelers, trust me. The Steelers are probably the best team with some bad breaks this season. The Steelers chemistry has never been a question, but I do question if Ben Rothlisberger was actually ready to play earlier in the season.
DarkRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 02:34 PM   #13
ChronoCross
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2201

I know several Raven fans and lahoni who is one of them who goes to the ravens games dressed like a total clown in purple hair and chains and shoot everything he can put on. He seems to think Ravens will sweep us. But he thinks that every year.

Personally I do not see us loosing. We have regained momentum and playing with some pride now. Ravens have never sweeped us. But we have sweeped them before several seasons.

Positives:
1. Offensive Line has started to block better.
2. Seen some better Offensive Play Calling
3. Defense is putting more pressure on QB
4. Defense has only allowed 13 points in the last 3 games
5. Special teams for the first time is looking decent
6. Big Ben is showing signs of old self returning.
7. Turnovers - What turnovers. Were holding onto the ball.
8. This is the best one, were not going out without a fight and I love it.
ChronoCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 02:38 PM   #14
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Well DarkRaven you seem like a cool dude. So here is to a good game with no injuries. I myself consider the Ravens the Steelers biggest rival. They are the orginal Browns and for the most part have been the Steelers biggest threat in the old AFC Central and AFC North since 2000.

I think most Steelers players would consider the Raven their biggest rival also. The Browns will always be a rival since they are Cleveland and the Bengals rivalry has been heated lately since the Bengals are actually good these days.

But there is nothing like Ravens/Steelers week to me. If the Steelers go 2-14 I would hope those two wins would be against the Ravens.

Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 12-19-2006 at 02:43 PM.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 02:38 PM   #15
DarkRaven
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoCross View Post
I know several Raven fans and lahoni who is one of them who goes to the ravens games dressed like a total clown in purple hair and chains and shoot everything he can put on. He seems to think Ravens will sweep us. But he thinks that every year.

Personally I do not see us loosing. We have regained momentum and playing with some pride now. Ravens have never sweeped us. But we have sweeped them before several seasons.

Positives:
1. Offensive Line has started to block better.
2. Seen some better Offensive Play Calling
3. Defense is putting more pressure on QB
4. Defense has only allowed 13 points in the last 3 games
5. Special teams for the first time is looking decent
6. Big Ben is showing signs of old self returning.
7. Turnovers - What turnovers. Were holding onto the ball.
8. This is the best one, were not going out without a fight and I love it.

Yeah, field position will be a big plus for you guys. Ever since we loss B.J Sams for the season, our Special teams unit hasn't been the best in regards to field position. Your lack of turnovers lately will be a huge plus because the Ravens thrive off of making the QB make mistakes.

And if your O-line has really stepped up then I think its going to be a hell of game.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:41 PM   #16
DarkRaven
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32 View Post
Well DarkRaven you seem like a cool dude. So here is to a good game with no injuries. I myself consider the Ravens the Steelers biggest rival. They are the orginal Browns and for the most part have been the Steelers biggest threat in the old AFC Central and AFC North since 2000.

I think most Steelers players would consider the Raven their biggest threat also. The Browns will always be a rival since they are Cleveland and the Bengals rivalry has been heated lately since the Bengals are actually good these days.

But there is nothing like Ravens/Steelers week to me. If the Steelers go 2-14 I would hope those two wins would be against the Ravens.

You and I both. my hatred for the Bengals has been pretty solid these past two seasons.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:43 PM   #17
Dynasty
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2396

I hope noone gets injured, Ben throws for 984 yards, willie runs for 526 yards, the defense gets 57 picks, 82 sacks, and 73 forced fumbles, and a blocked kick. The Ravens get shut out, and the Steelers score as many points as possible under NFL rules.

Realistically, I hope noone gets injured, Ben throws for 300+ yards, Willie runs for 130+ yards, we win, and also get at least 2 picks and 3 sacks.