Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-20-2006, 12:18 AM   #21
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327
Default Re: Mcnair to start..

If we want to be in the playoffs... it is only right that we face the Ravens at full strength.

Hey, Darkraven...

Keep up the class... your welcome here anytime!
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 01:34 AM   #22
DarkRaven
Banned

Member Number: 4312

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillers#1 View Post
hmm it appears we have a non-english Raven fan LITP on our hands. Welcome, and good luck on Sunday.

I think McNair starting will be the difference, his hand is going to be sore all week. And I am willing to bet it will affect his play a bit. The D won't fold like they did the last time, and I just don't see out O doing as poorly, although I do see 2 Ben INT's in our future.

My prediction

Stillers: 24
Ravens: 21 (14 points off TO's)
My english is fine, thank you. McNair will should heal quickly and throwing the ball isn't the problem. The Ravens were concerned about infecting the sore after taking constant snaps from center. I know that I have mentioned this before but if the O-line steps up Sunday. You will see the difference. I personally think games are won in the trenches. I think Ben has problems reading the different defensive schemes Rex Ryan gives him. And who can blame him, the Ravens defense is a mixture of 4-3, 3-4, and even 46 defense.(Buddy Ryan Signature 85' Bears scheme). It should be a hell of a match up. Two bitter rivals leaving everything on the field after the game.

Last edited by DarkRaven; 12-20-2006 at 01:50 AM.
DarkRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 01:48 AM   #23
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRaven View Post
My english is fine, thank you. McNair will should heal quickly and throwing the ball isn't the problem. The Ravens were concerned about infecting the sore after taking constant snaps from center. This game will be decided at the line. Keeping a strong O-line will slow down any good defense. I think Ben has problems reading the different defensive looks Rex Ryan gives him. It should be a hell of a match up. Two bitter rivals leaving everything on the field after the game.
Actually DarkRaven... that is literally English... as in, LITP is FROM ENGLAND.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 01:52 AM   #24
DarkRaven
Banned

Member Number: 4312

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Actually DarkRaven... that is literally English... as in, LITP is FROM ENGLAND.

HA HA HA ! My bad.
DarkRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 03:27 AM   #25
hellbread
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 3282

i dunno if i like mcnair starting...he has always caused us problems even when he was with the titans. but i doubt our d will care who is under center, they will be out for blood. but wat i dont understand ok cool beans the ravens are trying to get a 1st round bye which i know is crucial. but why risk your starting qb...which is already injured...against the most punishing defense in the league. i didnt say dominating...i said punishing. so dont say oh baltimore has the better defense and i agree at the moment they do. the steelers just let u know u have been hit anywho. i just dont see a point in starting mcnair when he could get hurt. ahhh hell i dont care strap a bullseye on him.
hellbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 06:37 AM   #26
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i havent seen nothing to suggest a bandwagon fan. a hated rival fan, maybe. but every new member deserves a chance.
Very well stated, Tony. We welcome fans of all teams here at SF and give them a fair chance until they prove to be trolls, which DarkRaven definitely is not. Glad to have you on board, Dark Raven.

I think the Ratfinks are going to see quite a different team on that field on Sunday than they did a month ago. This is going to be a great game - wish Sunday would hurry up and get here!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 08:17 AM   #27
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Very well stated, Tony. We welcome fans of all teams here at SF and give them a fair chance until they prove to be trolls, which DarkRaven definitely is not. Glad to have you on board, Dark Raven.

I think the Ratfinks are going to see quite a different team on that field on Sunday than they did a month ago. This is going to be a great game - wish Sunday would hurry up and get here!
I have to agree with the majority here. I think fans from other teams should not hesitate to join the forum. I think it's always a good thing to have a non "homer" perspective. I have enjoyed litp, cantstop85, silver and black and now black ravens perspectives. Sometimes being a die hard steeler fans we tend to be homers..
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 08:23 AM   #28
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
I have to agree with the majority here. I think fans from other teams should not hesitate to join the forum. I think it's always a good thing to have a non "homer" perspective. I have enjoyed litp, cantstop85, silver and black and now black ravens perspectives. Sometimes being a die hard steeler fans we tend to be homers..
I think as diehard fans of teams we love, though some different, all of us can be put in that "homer" category with regard to our respective teams. Nothing wrong with that at all. I believe different perspectives by other teams' fans is healthy for the growth of the board.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 08:41 AM   #29
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
This forum has a history of welcomming in fans from outside teams. As long as they dont come in here trolling the board
Good point Big D...and my radar for trolls...("trolldar")...hasnt gone off with darkraven.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 08:49 AM   #30
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
Good point Big D...and my radar for trolls...("trolldar")...hasnt gone off with darkraven.
rip kfaulk99
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote