Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 12-19-2006, 07:38 PM   #1
Infamix
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 917
Default I know the Steelers are a very good team...BUT

The Ravens are better this year, and that's a fact. For us to win on Sunday, the offense really has to get it going early.

Our win against the Saints was a very good victory against a very good team.

Look at our wins after that, though.

We beat Cleveland twice. (second time a more convincing victory, but they did not have their starting QB)

We beat Tampa Bay (having an awful year with another backup qb but basically the 2006 starter)

We beat Carolina (another 2006 bust that also did not have their starting qb)

Do we really have what it takes to beat what seems like an unstoppable Ravens team? Don't forget about the monkey named McNair that stays on our back to this date.

The two pros going into this game are our short winning streak and our home field. Other than that.

With all that said here's my final score as a homer and an optimist:

Steelers: 20
Ratfinks (lol Hometowngal is that what you called them?): 16
Infamix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 10:00 PM   #2
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419
Default Re: I know the Steelers are a very good team...BUT

Our OL has to show up! Which one will show up? The ones that we have had the past couple of weeks, orthe one that we hhad vs Baltisore the first time?

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 10:04 PM   #3
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

The Steelers can beat anybody when they bring their Agame. The key to the game is going to be the Steelers Oline vs the Ravens front 7. The Oline has to protect Ben better and open up consistent holes for Willie. If not it will be long day again for the Steelers.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 10:06 PM   #4
slashsteel

Member Number:

They played smarter football. And were better than us in our matchup. But it doesn't mean they are better or more talented.

Quote:
Do we really have what it takes to beat what seems like an unstoppable Ravens team?
Unstoppable? LMFAO what games have you been watching. They had a lucky year many would argue. And they are hardly unstoppable. In fact I believe we will in fact win Sunday convincingly. Call it a gut feeling.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:13 PM   #5
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
Our OL has to show up! Which one will show up? The ones that we have had the past couple of weeks, orthe one that we hhad vs Baltisore the first time?
Let's pray that it's the new boys in town because I don't think I can take watching Ben get a beating like he did again.

Thanks to MeanJoe for surprising me with my new sig.
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 07:07 AM   #6
Infamix
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 917

Quote:
Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
They played smarter football. And were better than us in our matchup. But it doesn't mean they are better or more talented.

Unstoppable? LMFAO what games have you been watching. They had a lucky year many would argue. And they are hardly unstoppable. In fact I believe we will in fact win Sunday convincingly. Call it a gut feeling.
I sure hope you are right, but I'm not sure that you watched the games either. They did get lucky against some opponents, but they are 11-2 and they beat us because of their defense raping our o-line.
Infamix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 07:42 AM   #7
jbattenhouse
Water Boy

Member Number: 823

Well, the OL will be playing without their starting RT, which means either rookie Willie Colon or Trai Essex will be starting there. I don't look at this as a positive, but other rookies or backups have played the last few weeks and have performed admirably. Hopefully, this will be another case of that.

And while I do not think that the Ravens are unstoppable, their D is playing very good. The offense leaves something to be desired, but this same formula won them a SB in 2000. I would hope that we go with a no-huddle offense to start with to slow down the blitz and see where that takes us. It worked for Cincy.
jbattenhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 07:57 AM   #8
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post

Got to agree with you..they DO have an obvious weakness...18th overall rated offence...19th overall yards per game...and 23rd overall yards per play...

Knock this team back on their heels and they CANNOT play catch up ball
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 08:57 AM   #9
DACEB
Banned

Member Number: 2911

First off I'm going to go out on a limb and say whoever plays RT Grimm will have the Oline playing better than the last meeting.
Second, I don't think Balt. plays at the same level they played the first game.
I think Whiz will have a better scheme this time around, and our D will play with much more confidence.
You would have to think all the guys will be playing for possibly the last game The Chin coaches @ Heinz feild.
I personally would like to see Najeh run more and run with the size and power we expect him to display. This giving Willie a break and maybe softening up that D for the winning drive and score late in the game.
Steelers win 20 - 19
DACEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 09:52 AM   #10
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

Yes, I definitely agree that the O Line needs to play a ton better than they did last time against the ravens. We can't have Ben getting sacked that many times again. It will be interesting to see if Ben scrambles a little more this time around.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote