Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-20-2006, 11:02 PM   #1
SteelersMongol
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2401
Default Before the big 2 games

Hello, my Steelers brothers and sisters!

Now it started to sound like we're at the church, huh. Well, ever since I joined this site, many of you welcomed me as a fellow fan, though some thought that I was a bandwagon jumper. So I've been yelled at, but it's not my fault that I found out about the site that late, is it? But, anyways. Many of you know that I'm pretty new to the club, first learning about the Mighty Steelers in 1996 in Mongolia while I was switching channels one day.

By reading your game predictions, posts, arguments, blasts, etc, I did learn a lot. Now as my thanks to the members who shared insights, photos, video clips and even the jokes I would like to share my part, before I go back to Mongolia for good. I didn't draw this, but my youngest brother did. But it was at my request. My brother is 19 and he is in art major.

Actual request was made before the SB-XL, but I got it just a while ago. That's why there is only 4 trophies. My apologies. Original work is 1,775 KB. If you like the picture, send me your email address, I'll send you the bigger one so you can print it out. Do not worry about copyrights. It's for all the Steelers fans who bleed black & gold. Hopefully this picture will raise the spirits before the next 2 big games!

Second photo is the photo of my son sitting on my older brother's car. Look what I did to his car. If any of you guys ever visit Mongolia, look for this car. Or get in touch with me, I'll do my best to make your visit as pleasant as I can and of course help you to save some money on hotels and stuff. Now I'm not kidding you folks, as long as I'm in Mongolia I would be really glad to help.

Now may God bless us with victory against the Ravens and the Bengals. Here we go, Steelers, here we go!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SteelersMongols.jpg (193.2 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2146.JPG (190.7 KB, 64 views)

Last edited by SteelersMongol; 12-20-2006 at 11:14 PM.
SteelersMongol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 11:24 PM   #2
ThatGuy246
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 3089
Default Re: Before the big 2 games

Hey!

BOTH of those pictures are great! (Your son is adorable - I'm about to become an uncle for the first time, and couldn't be more ecstatic yet simultaneously terrified.) I'm a lot newer to these forums myself, but am by no means a bandwagon fan. It's great to hear from Steelers Nation beyond the nation proper. One of the things I realized when I lived in Italy is that "Steelers Nation" underestimates itself - it really is a Steelers Globe.

Send our community's appreciation to your brother...admittedly, I have little appreciation for or understanding of art, but it looks like he's got some phenomenal skills. The absolute best to you and your family in the new year, and a very happy holidays and safe travels to you...

-DJ
ThatGuy246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 11:26 PM   #3
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,225 Times in 2,677 Posts

dude, just knowing we have steelerfans in mongolia is great no matter if they watched their 1st steelers game 2 weeks ago. your membership has been appreciated and your fandom is great (your english isnt to bad either ). hope things go well in mongolia and you have plenty of access to the games and info about them.

oh, and having read plenty of comic books in my time the picture is completely professional and awesome! your bro should have a good career ahead of him.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 11:34 PM   #4
MJ5150
Starter

Member Number: 3203

Excellent drawing!! Thank you for sharing it with us.

I'm looking into visiting Mongolia! I have always wanted to go anyway, so now I have another reason to visit. I would LOVE to meet my Mongolian Steeler "brother".

-Mike
MJ5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 06:54 AM   #5
Infamix
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 917

Wow man that drawing is incredible, I really like it. In case you aren't going to get the Steelers games in Mongolia, PM me and I will send you a program where you can watch them over the internet.
Infamix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 07:32 AM   #6
SCSTILLER
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 4202

Excellent drawing! Wish I would have known about you earlier as I was in Ulannbaatar about six months ago, but like you I just recently found this site. I was there for a week and it was incredible. Didn't see your car though, if I would have I may have thrown myself in front of it just because that is something I thought I would never see in Mongolia. I have travelled all around the world with the military, and you would not beleive some of the places I have seen Steelers stuff. I even found a Steelers fan in Moscow, Russia. Started talking to him, and even though there was a HUGE language barrier, seemed like he knew his stuff. Kept saying Immaculate Reception, Bus, and other stuff. Pretty Cool!
Old 12-21-2006, 07:36 AM   #7
Justin Otstott
Team Captain

Member Number: 539
My Mood: Relaxed

wow man...I wish I never stopped drawing....I love that picture!!!
Old 12-21-2006, 07:44 AM   #8
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Great pics, and very cute kid.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:53 AM   #9
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

What an awesome picture, SteelersMongol!!!! Your brother is VERY talented - kudos to him and to you for sharing it with all of us - thank you!

Your son is absolutely beautiful! I hope Santa is very good to him. I love the truck, too - LOL!

I don't think anyone around here views you as a bandwagon fan. As Tony said - doesn't matter if you became a Steelers fan 50 years ago or just yesterday. What matters most is supporting the team through the ups and downs which most Steelers fans do!

You've got mail.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 09:17 AM   #10
Stillers43
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 2322

The kid needs a jersey!

HERE WE GO STEELERS! HERE WE GO!
Stillers43 is offline   Reply With Quote