Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 12-23-2006, 05:10 AM   #1
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Steelers-Bengals finale could be night game

Saturday, December 23, 2006
By Colin Dunlap, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

There's a good chance the Steelers' season finale Dec. 31 at Cincinnati will be shifted from its scheduled 1 p.m. start time to an 8 p.m. kickoff as part of the National Football League's flex schedule and NBC's "Sunday Night Football" coverage. The Steelers could find out about any such change as soon as tomorrow night.

Such a shift could upset plans of a large number of Steelers fans who traditionally make the trip to Cincinnati, one of the few trips this season easily negotiable by car.

If the kickoff time is changed, many Steelers fans would have to adjust or cancel New Year's Eve parties that might have been in the works for an extended period.

And the Steelers' plans?

"Right now, we have a game scheduled against the Baltimore Ravens at 1 p.m. this Sunday," safety Troy Polamalu said. "That is the one and only game that has my focus."

Holiday cheer

The Steelers are 3-2 in Christmas Eve games since the NFL merger in 1970, winning the past two.

Last season, the Steelers rolled past Cleveland, 41-0, on Christmas Eve and, in 2000, the Steelers celebrated on the West Coast with a 34-21 win at San Diego.

The game tomorrow, however, will be the first one played here on Christmas Eve since that merger.

Production

Rookie receiver Santonio Holmes needs 105 receiving yards to post the most by a rookie receiver under coach Bill Cowher since Troy Edwards accumulated 714 yards in 1999. Holmes has 610 yards on 40 catches for an average of 15.3 yards. Edwards' yardage came on 61 catches with an 11.7 average.

Familiar guy

Baltimore outside linebackers coach Mike Pettine is a name that should ring a bell to anybody with an interest in Pennsylvania high school football. Before joining the Ravens in 2002, Pettine was a highly successful coach at William Tennent and North Penn High Schools. From 1997-2001 at North Penn, his teams won 45 games.

His father, Mike Sr., is one of six high school coaches in state history to amass 300 wins as the longtime coach at Central Bucks West.

Quick hits

The Steelers have won their past five home games against the Ravens. ... Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger needs 144 yards passing to reach 8,000 in his brief career.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 08:58 AM   #2
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Steelers-Bengals finale could be night game

Ughhh. That would bite for those traveling to Shitsinnati for that game, but what a better way to bring the New Year in than by beating those butthats in their own house? I have two tickets available to me and I'm strongly considering taking up the offer - with my luck, the snowstorm that I've been aching for would happen on my drive to or from Shitsinnati.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 09:09 AM   #3
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

I know people will maintain that Cowboys/Redskins or Bears/Packers are the NFLs big rivalries - but in terms of two competetive teams with a genuine dislike of each other Bengals/Steelers is right up there.

The games are always great to watch, and there always seems to be some player related drama - hopefully this will be one of next weeks live games.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 09:11 AM   #4
BlacknGold76
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 3810

An 8 pm game would work for me. We don't get many Steeler games in Kansas unless you go to a BlacknGold bar. I found the link to the Pittsburghpostgazette.com and realized that there are 3 right in the area that I live in. Didn't know that. But I do know.
BlacknGold76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 10:01 AM   #5
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Ughhh. That would bite for those traveling to Shitsinnati for that game, but what a better way to bring the New Year in than by beating those butthats in their own house? I have two tickets available to me and I'm strongly considering taking up the offer - with my luck, the snowstorm that I've been aching for would happen on my drive to or from Shitsinnati.
Hey girl! If you're coming to town, you know you have a place to stay if you want it! Just LMK. This city would never be the same with you, me and Stillers together!!!

I just wish they'd make up their minds about this game time. Enough with the waiting already!!!

Thanks to MeanJoe for surprising me with my new sig.
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 10:05 AM   #6
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Quote:
Originally Posted by floodcitygirl View Post
Hey girl! If you're coming to town, you know you have a place to stay if you want it! Just LMK. This city would never be the same with you, me and Stillers together!!!

I just wish they'd make up their minds about this game time. Enough with the waiting already!!!
Look out, Shitzinatti!!!!!!!!!

I think she should just come on down and watch the game at Martino's with us!!!!
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 10:11 AM   #7
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
Look out, Shitzinatti!!!!!!!!!

I think she should just come on down and watch the game at Martino's with us!!!!
Either way...sounds like a plan to me! Tailgating there before and after or just watching there. I'll be there with bells on! We're waiting on you HTG!!!

Thanks to MeanJoe for surprising me with my new sig.
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 10:23 AM   #8
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

It's offical, we're playing at 8:15 New Years Eve.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 03:45 PM   #9
Da Steeler Soprano
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 3285

What??!! That sucks. God damn NFL is really pissing me off lately. There shouldnt be any game on New Years Eve. I plan on a huge party at my house every New Years that I have to host so I guess tommorows game is the last game of the season for me. Maybe if this game was planned in advance to be played that time people like my self, and I'm sure many others could of altered thier plans so they could watch it. I think I will be watching the ball drop (and I dont mean out of the hands of Holmes on a punt return either) on New Years. Thanks NFL and your shitty ass new scheduling.

"If I could live my life over I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
Da Steeler Soprano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 04:21 PM   #10
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

I can't think of a finer way of ringing in the new year than watching my Steelers kick the Bungles all the way into next year!!!
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote