Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers > Game Reporter

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-24-2006, 03:46 PM   #471
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498
Default Re: Steelers v.s. Ravens Gameday Thread

We've had many problems this year on both sides of the ball . Be it in the secondary, on the O-line and at the Wr position.
But THE weakest link this season has been the so called "Golden Boy" god send Qb. The one with the relatively weak arm for his size.
The one with the slow release. The one whom doesn't diagnose coverage with speed or efficiancy. The one who's always got an excuse. (more often than not given to him by fans whom are just simply elated that he's not Kordell or Tommy)
I know his groupies will retort ,..... .."He'll get better". "It's the O-line's fault,.... and the elderly woman that made him nosedive into her windshield "! ("After Coach failed to make his grown azz wear a helmet"!)
Or my personal favorite,... "He's great as long as he stay's below 20 attempts" ! Knock it off!
What kind of standard is that for a an actual QB ? That's madness. Say what you will but the TRUTH is,.....ben isn't the second coming of Marino or Elway, he's not even among the elite of his peers.(Manning, Brady, Brees, Mcnabb)
To be honest,...... from a pure passing standpoint he's not even comparable to Rivers, Leinhart, Palmer or even Jay Cutler.
If this is heresy,......then i'll take the charge,.....and shoot the finger at the judge.
With that said,..... here's looking forward to us bringing in some impact players next season to not only solidfy the secondary and O-line. (As well as a power compliment to Willie)
But also to carry the "Golden Boy",......and he'll get the credit. Much to the disgrace of the rest of the team.

"Hail Caesar,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:47 PM   #472
steelerbackr4life
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1931

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDuke6 View Post
Guess I'll have to cheer for Marty now. After all these years of goofing up, I hope he gets one (and hope he doesnt goof another one up).

He isnt in Cleveland so he has that going for him
Old 12-24-2006, 03:57 PM   #473
BigDuke6
Banned

Member Number: 2238

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCzar76 View Post
We've had many problems this year on both sides of the ball . Be it in the secondary, on the O-line and at the Wr position.
But THE weakest link this season has been the so called "Golden Boy" god send Qb. The one with the relatively weak arm for his size.
The one with the slow release. The one whom doesn't diagnose coverage with speed or efficiancy. The one who's always got an excuse. (more often than not given to him by fans whom are just simply elated that he's not Kordell or Tommy)
I know his groupies will retort ,..... .."He'll get better". "It's the O-line's fault,.... and the elderly woman that made him nosedive into her windshield "! ("After Coach failed to make his grown azz wear a helmet"!)
Or my personal favorite,... "He's great as long as he stay's below 20 attempts" ! Knock it off!
What kind of standard is that for a an actual QB ? That's madness. Say what you will but the TRUTH is,.....ben isn't the second coming of Marino or Elway, he's not even among the elite of his peers.(Manning, Brady, Brees, Mcnabb)
To be honest,...... from a pure passing standpoint he's not even comparable to Rivers, Leinhart, Palmer or even Jay Cutler.
If this is heresy,......then i'll take the charge,.....and shoot the finger at the judge.
With that said,..... here's looking forward to us bringing in some impact players next season to not only solidfy the secondary and O-line. (As well as a power compliment to Willie)
But also to carry the "Golden Boy",......and he'll get the credit. Much to the disgrace of the rest of the team.

I cant agree with everything you've said, but today is certainly on Ben. So is most of the year. His INTs killed us this year. The Red-Zone stat about highest Red-Zone turnovers in the league is all about Ben. He only played well against bad football teams. NO and KC are the only playoff contention teams we beat all year. Our other vics came against Clev 2, TB, Car, Mia. And dont forget KC, TB, Car, Mia were not starting their #1 QBs. This season is a disaster. 7 wins flatters this team.
BigDuke6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 04:09 PM   #474
SwedishSteeler
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 4022

Thanks a lot for that mods/other people...I expected a totally different reaction. It's just so frustrating; i come from a country where fans totally give up on their team as soon as they fall behind...America is supposed to be different, we're supposed to fight through anything and everything...not roll over and talk smack about our players...
SwedishSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 04:15 PM   #475
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishSteeler View Post
Thanks a lot for that mods/other people...I expected a totally different reaction. It's just so frustrating; i come from a country where fans totally give up on their team as soon as they fall behind...America is supposed to be different, we're supposed to fight through anything and everything...not roll over and talk smack about our players...
I wasn't happy about it for sure. I at least was one of those who kept on believe till we were dead. I didn't smack our players. Our Players just weren't have that kind of luck. But hey, there is a gift. It's called a new season. It's in 2007. You get to have another chance. Let's pray for a good finish to 2006 and a great 2007 that gives us a birth in Glendale Arizona.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 04:17 PM   #476
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDuke6 View Post
I cant agree with everything you've said, but today is certainly on Ben. So is most of the year. His INTs killed us this year. The Red-Zone stat about highest Red-Zone turnovers in the league is all about Ben. He only played well against bad football teams. NO and KC are the only playoff contention teams we beat all year.
Well, so far Mr. Heisman is 4-11 for 40 yards with 2 INTs against Denver. I guess it's time for the Bengals to go QB shopping in the offseason too, right?
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 04:18 PM   #477
steelerbackr4life
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1931

Amen to that atleast we know this is not a long term thing !
Old 12-24-2006, 04:18 PM   #478
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

One Bad year doesn't do anything. Big Ben is just having a bad year like the team. But he can always improve.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 04:26 PM   #479
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

There is enough blame to go all the way around for the whole season. Ben has been off, but I got to hand it to the kid for getting out there even when his body was in a constant state of healing. Batch is a great back up, but he could not have carried the rest of the team that was just not connected this year. Our receivers have had butterfingers all season and our rookies have made some big mistakes ......but they too have been called upon to carry a big load on inexperienced shoulders this year, thanks to injuries. There's been coaching mistakes on top of all that. All in all, 7, hopefully 8 wins looks pretty darn good considering the roller coaster ride this season has been. SMC is right........come next season the slate is clean and the playing field is even again............God I love football!!! Win or lose, the Steelers are my team!!

It's been a disappointing year, but there's one thing about this season I wouldn't change for the world.....talking to Steeler fans from around the world here at SF and sharing all the highs and lows with my fellow Cincy Steeler fans!! Meanie and Flood.......you guys rock!
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."

Last edited by stillers4me; 12-24-2006 at 04:30 PM.
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 04:32 PM   #480
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Well, so far Mr. Heisman is 4-11 for 40 yards with 2 INTs against Denver. I guess it's time for the Bengals to go QB shopping in the offseason too, right?

Take it easy 76. It's not about "smack" talk,.... but TRUTH. Ben is not, was never and may never be an elite NFL QB. Does that suck for us ? Yes,....but even in light of this fact most of us will continue to support this organization as we have for a VERY long time. As i'm almost certain that you will. (judging by your screen name)
Some of us just refuse to call a pig "Miss America",.... not matter how much lipstick is put on it.

SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote