Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-24-2006, 11:40 PM   #21
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327
Default Re: Next Year top five things to fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCzar76 View Post
C'mon Preach,.....it's not about "bashing" a QB for personal reasons. It's about accountability. If the shoe fits,....wear it.
This applies to EVERYONE, in every walk of life,.....in every profession. (You, myself and everyone here included)

"Hail Caesar,......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"
I know it is isn't about personal reasons. But what people don't remember is that it is VERY personal for the people on the receiving end. Now, if Ben threw 3 picks AGAIN... while having good protection, then I would agree. But the simple fact is that Ben pretty much fixed the pick problem... even when the O line didn't fix thier turnstyle scheme of protection today. So no, I don't think the shoe fits.

I think it is ben bashing because it is always easier to blame the QB, then to realize that there are much BIGGER problems to face. Our O'line needs to be fixed. We need to scheme better on D'fense. We need better CB's. And we need a head coach with his head still in the game.

No, Ben is the LEAST of our worries right now. But like I said, it is easier to blame Ben then look deeper at the issues at hand. It seems like it is our favorite pastime.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 11:40 PM   #22
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Sorry, I guess we'll just agree to disagree on this one, then. I also remember Bradshaw throwing 3 picks in SB XIV, but we still won, and it was all good.

Duely noted. And it's all good Fam. (I can appreciate viewpoints that may not be my own)
I sincerely hope your boy is whom you believe him to be. After all,... that would benefit this franchise considerably.
As for now,......i just can't give him that kind of Glory.

"Hail Caesar,........HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 11:48 PM   #23
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,380 Times in 499 Posts

Quote:
Duely noted. And it's all good Fam. (I can appreciate viewpoints that may not be my own)
I sincerely hope your boy is whom you believe him to be. After all,... that would benefit this franchise considerably.
As for now,......i just can't give him that kind of Glory.

I can understand your concerns about him being a possible flash in the pan as well. I have had that thought cross my mind more than once this year myself, to be honest. I'm holding out that he'll turn it back around next year. As long as he stays off the bike, is all I ask.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 11:58 PM   #24
SteelCzar76
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
I know it is isn't about personal reasons. But what people don't remember is that it is VERY personal for the people on the receiving end. Now, if Ben threw 3 picks AGAIN... while having good protection, then I would agree. But the simple fact is that Ben pretty much fixed the pick problem... even when the O line didn't fix thier turnstyle scheme of protection today. So no, I don't think the shoe fits.

I think it is ben bashing because it is always easier to blame the QB, then to realize that there are much BIGGER problems to face. Our O'line needs to be fixed. We need to scheme better on D'fense. We need better CB's. And we need a head coach with his head still in the game.

No, Ben is the LEAST of our worries right now. But like I said, it is easier to blame Ben then look deeper at the issues at hand. It seems like it is our favorite pastime.

Preach,.....it COULDN'T be our "favorite pastime",.........if these cats simply didn't play so poorly,.. so often. (Often a crucial times)
As far as our other areas of "need" are concerned (especially regarding the secondary),....i acknowledged as much a long time ago.
If you have played football than you must realize,....that poor play at the "skill" positions is JUST as detrimental to your success as failing in all other aspects.
Bottom Line,.....if your going to give the "buisness" to Coach, his staff, the O-line, the front seven, the secondary, Spt's and Wr's. Then render Ben his JUST DUE as well.

Old 12-25-2006, 12:06 AM   #25
Preacher
Living Legend

Quote:
Preach,.....it COULDN'T be our "favorite pastime",.........if these cats simply didn't play so poorly,.. so often. (Often a crucial times)
As far as our other areas of "need" are concerned (especially regarding the secondary),....i acknowledged as much a long time ago.
If you have played football than you must realize,....that poor play at the "skill" positions is JUST as detrimental to your success as failing in all other aspects.
Bottom Line,.....if your going to give the "buisness" to Coach, his staff, the O-line, the front seven, the secondary, Spt's and Wr's. Then render Ben his JUST DUE as well.

I would give Ben his just due. However, I just don't see were I can place the blame on him. Sure, he made mistakes, but not above any degree I would expect from any decent QB. I see the Ben the same way I see Troy being burned twice for touchdowns today. I am not going give Troy the 'business' for that. Willie Parker didn't even make 50 yards a number of times this year... but busted out for over 200 a few times. I am not going to give Willie the 'business' for that either. I see Ben's performances the same way. Yeah, he needs to play better next year. But my guestamation is that 60 percent of that will be his O line playing better.

BTW... I am not directing these posts at you or anyone IN PARTICULAR. It is more of a general comment about the way Steelers nation treats its QBs.
Old 12-25-2006, 12:12 AM   #26
SteelCzar76
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
I would give Ben his just due. However, I just don't see were I can place the blame on him. Sure, he made mistakes, but not above any degree I would expect from any decent QB. I see the Ben the same way I see Troy being burned twice for touchdowns today. I am not going give Troy the 'business' for that. Willie Parker didn't even make 50 yards a number of times this year... but busted out for over 200 a few times. I am not going to give Willie the 'business' for that either. I see Ben's performances the same way. Yeah, he needs to play better next year. But my guestamation is that 60 percent of that will be his O line playing better.

BTW... I am not directing these posts at you or anyone IN PARTICULAR. It is more of a general comment about the way Steelers nation treats its QBs.

LMAO,... I feel you Preach. Let's just look forward to righting the ship for next Season.

"Hail Caesar,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"
Old 12-25-2006, 01:18 AM   #27
Preacher
Living Legend

Quote:
LMAO,... I feel you Preach. Let's just look forward to righting the ship for next Season.

"Hail Caesar,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

Next season... On the bright side...

Willie Colon?? Anthony Smith?? Ben to Holmes?? Kemo??

I think we have a LOT to look forward too!!!

God bless you and everyone on Christmas!!!
Old 12-25-2006, 07:03 AM   #28
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ5150 View Post
I'm going to assume this is an accurate comment about BC not being committed to the team. With that in mind......

Go away Bill. I don't want someone around coaching my team who needs to "re-commit" himself to the franchise. You are either on board or you are not!

-Mike
I agree 100%... if Bill doesnt know or not wether he wants to be here and if he isnt still committed to our team then move on and let someone take over who is... I love Bill but if his heart is in Carolina with his wife and children then so be it and he needs to move on...
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 08:24 AM   #29
Burghman
Water Boy

Member Number: 2324
Thumbs up Re: Next Year top five things to fix

I think the steelers will be fine next year. They missed some key players this year,Antwan, Kimo,Bettis and Hope.They need to learn how to play without them.O-line was inconsistant,running game was inconsistant and on defense they need to find a good pass rusher.as for the secondary they could use at least one shut down back.Overall they played one game like champs and the next game like cellar dwellers.
Old 12-25-2006, 08:57 PM   #30
Stilliz
Water Boy

Member Number: 3268

issue #4 should be issue #1 - Ben was lost out there this year. 25 INTS ???? make your excuses for him though, see alot of that around here.
Stilliz is offline   Reply With Quote