Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 12-26-2006, 11:30 AM   #11
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656
Default Re: Mike Bires: Roethlisberger's ego and Cowher's decisions led to 7-8 record

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xSBChamps View Post
..... being in Florida, I didn't see the game, but it sounds like the azz-hats that 'cheered' when Bradshaw seperated a shoulder at-home in '73 were permitted to reproduce, eh?

Very good point!!
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 12:17 PM   #12
Indy_Steelers
Team Captain

Member Number: 1117
Default Re: Mike Bires: Roethlisberger's ego and Cowher's decisions led to 7-8 record

This guy is STUPID! This is only his third year and his has already done more that most QBs who have been in the league 3 times longer. The NFL is all about SB wins. That is how QBs are defined. Ask Manning and Marino. Anyway he had to come down to earth at some point. Not to mention that the fans that wanted Ben out are probably the sons and daughters of the fans who wanted Terry Bradshaw run out of tow and we all know how stupid they look now. So if you compare Ben's first 3 years in the league to even Bradshaw's, I think he is off to a great start. Besides the problems were not entirely Ben’s fault. The WRs were dropping catchable balls and the linemen could not do something as fundamental as keeping DLs hands down so Ben could throw.
Old 12-26-2006, 12:34 PM   #13
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovejoy71 View Post
..... if you compare Ben's first 3 years in the league to even Bradshaw's.....
I agree with everything you say, but to compare Bradshaw's first 2 seasons, going 5-9 in '70 (taking-over a team that went 1-13 to position themselves to draft him in the first place ), and 6-8 in '71 is an unfair comparison to Roethlisberger's 15-2 in '04 and 15-5 in '05:
Bradshaw ws EXPECTED to lead the Stillers to the promised land, after almost 40 years of franchise futility, yet was playing behind a team being rebuild, top-to-bottom by Chuck Noll (who basically 'threw' Bradshaw to the wolves for a few seasons ), where Roethlisberger had no-expectations when drafted, or when he took-over for Maddox, and although the Stillers went 6-10 the year before Roethlisberger joined the team, free-aganecy can change a team's fortune, and wasn't available in the early-'70s NFL.

(i.e. - it took Noll seasons to build the Steelers, but in today's NFL, it can be 'bought' )

Even with a Super Bowl ring 3 years ahead of Bradshaw's pace, Roethlisberger is STILL an untapped, unrealized potential:
it is doubtful that Canton is bull-dozing ground just -yet for the 'Roethlisberger' annex.

Old 12-26-2006, 12:35 PM   #14
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

To Boo Ben or hope that he gets in another accident is absurb. These fans are retards. I believe Ben would even take a big part of the blame, but I agree that he was never 100% at any time this season.
Cowher??? I love this guy, and I want him to stay! But I`m not sure what is going on, and how much he is to blame?

I may take some heat for this, but I`m sick of hearing that Jerome leaving is part of the problem. First off he was hardly part of the offense last season, with the exception of the Bears game. Some one yards tds? Big deal. I like Bettis and rooted for him day in and day out, but got sick of the " I`m going home for the Super Bowl Tour" I,I, IHell is almost cost us the trip to the big one, it was Ben who saved our @sses. And then bettis strutting around the field befor ethe game in his three piece suit, and hat?????? This seemed to be more about him than anything else, he was a sideshow, in my opinion. He may have been a presence in the lockerroom, but these are grown men fi you cant get it up to play, you really need to check yourself. beside it would seem to me that guys like Ben, Hines, Troy, & larry Foote to name a few would be great off the field guys, and role models.
Old 12-26-2006, 12:36 PM   #15
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xSBChamps View Post

it is doubtful that Canton is bull-dozing ground just -yet for the 'Roethlisberger' annex.

Wash your mouth out with soap!!!
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 01:32 PM   #16
Infamix
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 917

Damn what's with half of the fans at Heinz field turning on their qb? Or three rivers for that matter
Infamix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 01:57 PM   #17
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,313 Times in 476 Posts

From the article: Steelers fans may be fickle. But they aren't dumb. They know - just as well as any Steeler player, coach or executive knows - that the young man who wears No. 7 has been the team's biggest problem this year.

I guess I'm dumb, then. I thought our biggest problem this year was getting beat like a drum (by good teams, at least) on both sides of the LOS, but I guess it's just me.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 02:22 PM   #18
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Why should anyone be surprised at these so-called "fans?" It's just business as usual. I bet you these same assclowns were saying "YAY BEN" when he was throwing all those TD passes in the playoffs last season. And then people get on me for saying that Steelers fans are the most spoiled and the most fickle in the NFL? I'm still waiting for someone to prove to me that they aren't.
Old 12-26-2006, 02:34 PM   #19
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Why should anyone be surprised at these so-called "fans?" It's just business as usual. I bet you these same assclowns were saying "YAY BEN" when he was throwing all those TD passes in the playoffs last season. And then people get on me for saying that Steelers fans are the most spoiled and the most fickle in the NFL? I'm still waiting for someone to prove to me that they aren't.
True, I just don`t want some retards running Ben out of town. If they keep up the booes he may want out eventually. no love?
Old 12-26-2006, 03:15 PM   #20
BigDuke6
Banned

Member Number: 2238

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks View Post
True, I just don`t want some retards running Ben out of town. If they keep up the booes he may want out eventually. no love?
C'mon guys, Ben's a big boy. He can take it. You dont need to baby him. And he wont tuck tail and run just because a couple of fans boo him or a couple of jerks post blogs stating they think he stinks or blah....blah....blah...Take a pill....
BigDuke6 is offline   Reply With Quote