Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-28-2006, 08:05 AM   #41
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447
Default Re: Mike Bires: Roethlisberger's ego and Cowher's decisions led to 7-8 record

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post

At the end of the day, NFL players are big boys. I think they can handle the booing when they open up that paycheck at the end of the day. It's part of the game and they know that when they sign that contract. I'm sure John Smith would be more than happy to trade his minimum wage job in order to get a boo'ing from time to time while making five milllion a year.

I agree too. I'd take all the boo'ing of the planet for Ben's 9 million dollars signing bonus.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 08:25 AM   #42
skidboot
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3704
Default Re: Mike Bires: Roethlisberger's ego and Cowher's decisions led to 7-8 record

it wasn't just Roethlisberger.

Dropped passes,
Dropped Punts,
Dropped Kickoffs,
Missed Tackles,
Missed INT's,
Poor Coaching,
Fumbles,
Lack of Focus,
Stupid Penalties,
Missed Blocks

did I miss anything?

whatever was going to go wrong, went wrong.

LOTS of blame to go around for the season not just Roethlisberger.

as for the people who want to Boo....let them boo. they pay for the ticket. As long as they don't get violent or ruin anyone else's good time, go ahead. Keep the language down! Booing is part of being a fan IMO. This team shouldn't be a "Teflon Team"....when they stink, let em know about it.

if they want to cheer on an injury......I'd like to think they have the alcohol talking, if not they have some issues to sort out.

We lost our edge somewhere. Seemed like we were waiting for something bad to happen and when it did it was the ol "here we go again".
Old 12-28-2006, 10:32 AM   #43
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidboot View Post
it wasn't just Roethlisberger.

Dropped passes,
Dropped Punts,
Dropped Kickoffs,
Missed Tackles,
Missed INT's,
Poor Coaching,
Fumbles,
Lack of Focus,
Stupid Penalties,
Missed Blocks

did I miss anything?

whatever was going to go wrong, went wrong.

LOTS of blame to go around for the season not just Roethlisberger.

Well, FYI, Roethlisberger alone had 5 fumbles this season. That's in addition to his 22 interceptions, by far the most in the NFL. I'm not blaming Ben only but he sure deserves his share. Personally, I make him fully responsible for 3 losses this season.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 12:16 PM   #44
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Okay,Ben gets cleared by the docs to play.He says he wants to play.Why the hell would he NOT want to play?

It's not ego,it's being competitive.

Anyhow,the media twists eveything around.

If Ben plays he's only thinking about himself and not the team...if Ben decides to sit the game out he's a wimp and doesn't have the attitude of a warrior who plays through pain to help him team win.

F**K THE MEDIA!

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 05:27 PM   #45
melroseplace
Team Captain

Member Number: 520

after attending more games this season than I had in my entire life, almost anything fans yell at the players wouldn't phase me. don't get me wrong, I get extremely pissed off (especially when the players are within earshot...IMO they need to focus on the the next play or the game as a whole, not the previous play when they messed up).

to point fingers at one or two people and blame them for the outcome of this season is ridiculous. yes, I agree that Ben carries responsibility for it. as does Cowher for putting Ben in so soon after his accident. but what about the offensive line? the receivers for dropping balls that should have been caught? Jeff Reed for missing field goals that he normally would have had no problem with? it seemed to me as though the majority of the players were not playing up to their potential.

my theory is that the reason we ended up with a 8-8 season is because the players weren't in sync. maybe it was egos, maybe inexperience on some parts, maybe injuries, but for whatever the reason, it just wasn't there. the receivers weren't on the same page as Ben (and vice versa), the offensive line weren't gelling together to protect Ben, the coaches' plays weren't calculated correctly. whatever it was, there is no one person to be blamed. all we can hope is that the players, coaches and Rooneys will take time during the off-season to evaluate what happened and look to the '07 season as a time to make changes