Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-23-2006, 09:46 AM   #1
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751
Default Did something unusual last week, worked out pretty good I think.

I was driving down the road and I saw some guy with a sign that said "all trees $20". So I stopped, and he had some trees, and that sounded like a good deal so I bought one. The trees were pine trees.

I took it home and thought a while; the tree was so cheap because someone had chopped it off at the ground (no roots). I couldn't figure out what to do with it so I decided to stick it in some water and I put it inside the house so I could see it, things being so cold outside and all.

It was nice, but plain. So I dolled it up. See, I was at KMart and I was buying some detergent and towels and I saw where they had boxes of lights and little round balls, which I figured would do a nice job of making the tree pretty fancy. I bought some of them and I went home and put the lights all over the tree, and hung the colored balls, and really it looked pretty good.

I just figured I put this here and let folks know, it came out OK if anyone wants to try it too.
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 09:57 AM   #2
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784
Default Re: Did something unusual last week, worked out pretty good I think.

Gee Tom......what a concept. Could catch on.

Thanks to MeanJoe for surprising me with my new sig.
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 10:02 AM   #3
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

Imagine that!

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 10:24 AM   #4
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca View Post
I was driving down the road and I saw some guy with a sign that said "all trees $20". So I stopped, and he had some trees, and that sounded like a good deal so I bought one. The trees were pine trees.

I took it home and thought a while; the tree was so cheap because someone had chopped it off at the ground (no roots). I couldn't figure out what to do with it so I decided to stick it in some water and I put it inside the house so I could see it, things being so cold outside and all.

It was nice, but plain. So I dolled it up. See, I was at KMart and I was buying some detergent and towels and I saw where they had boxes of lights and little round balls, which I figured would do a nice job of making the tree pretty fancy. I bought some of them and I went home and put the lights all over the tree, and hung the colored balls, and really it looked pretty good.

I just figured I put this here and let folks know, it came out OK if anyone wants to try it too.
I love the idea of putting the tree inside...no need to have it confused with an "live" tree...and the whole idea of decorating it was a stroke of genius. Just a thought...since the guy was thoughtless enough to cut off the roots...try putting presents around the base of the tree to cover up the mistake...noone will be the wiser and it will go real nice with the decorations.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 10:25 AM   #5
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

This is gonna confuse the crap out of bengal fans.
Old 12-23-2006, 10:35 AM   #6
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
Just a thought...since the guy was thoughtless enough to cut off the roots...try putting presents around the base of the tree to cover up the mistake...noone will be the wiser and it will go real nice with the decorations.
THAT IS EXCELLENT!!!!!!11ONE! The family will be so psyched up when they see them!!!!!! I'm going to go get some stuff right now, I probably won't have a chance to wrap them all until Sunday, but they'll be all there MONDAY MORNING!!!! I'm going to take off work that day, just to see what happens! THANKS LLT PROPS!

TOM!!!!!!!
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 10:38 AM   #7
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Well, I went and followed that advice Tom (in the last hour and a half) but I thought it looked a little bare, despite the presents round the bottom (nice idea LLT) and I wondered to myself - "what would finish this off?"

So I went and put a Tom Brady effigy on top of mine...looks pretty cool

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 10:43 AM   #8
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca View Post
THAT IS EXCELLENT!!!!!!11ONE! The family will be so psyched up when they see them!!!!!! I'm going to go get some stuff right now, I probably won't have a chance to wrap them all until Sunday, but they'll be all there MONDAY MORNING!!!! I'm going to take off work that day, just to see what happens! THANKS LLT PROPS!

TOM!!!!!!!
Just a thought...you do what you want...but take the small gifts and any candy that would just seem to be "cluttering up the floor"...and stick it all in one strategic location...I would hang up whatever you sock away in so that your pets dont get to it and....sock it away?...sock it away?...I am on to something...Ill get back to you.

Last edited by lamberts-lost-tooth; 12-23-2006 at 10:48 AM.
Old 12-23-2006, 10:47 AM   #9
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
Well, I went and followed that advice Tom (in the last hour and a half) but I thought it looked a little bare, despite the presents round the bottom (nice idea LLT) and I wondered to myself - "what would finish this off?"

So I went and put a Tom Brady effigy on top of mine...looks pretty cool

NM
There have been many times that I also have considered hanging Tom Brady from a tree.
Old 12-23-2006, 10:49 AM   #10
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
There have been many times that I also have considered hanging Tom Brady from a tree.
Santa is sending some elves round to your place to forcefeed you some Xmas spirit

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote