Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 08-01-2006, 10:38 PM   #1
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Unhappy Thank you SF...but the time has come...

For me to resign on Moderator on Steelers Fever. I've already let Prosdo and Mike know so I thought it was appropriate to let all you great members know as well in a thread.

Way back when SF was first starting out and there were only a couple of us trying to get this place jumpstarted, I could see the potential that Mike could see and we wanted to see how far this place could go. Well it's turned into quite a site full of all the information any Steelers fan could want. I was proud to be apart of it then and Im even more proud to be a part of it now. SF has grown into the best Steelers forum on the web and one of the best overall Steelers sites on the web period. Our membership has grown by leaps and bounds and we've picked up alot of loyal,knowledgeable, intelligent, and friendly members along the way. Each one of you has done their own part to help keep SF going and for that you're all to be commended ! Sure we've had our bumps along the way either with spammers or trolls or hosting issues but that's just par for the course and we continue to grow and strive to be the best and set a standard for all NFL websites and Steelers sites to admire.

Having said that, changes in my life have made it necessary for me to step down as Mod. I can no longer devote the daily time it takes to check in, read the threads, and take care of the daily moderator duties that need to be done. Prosdo has done a helluva a job and continues to be an integral part of keeping SF on the level and moving forward. Unfortunately Im not able to continue those things anymore. My work schedule changed, traveling over the last 2 months has been trying to say the least. Just had one vacation a week ago and we plan 1 more in Septemeber. Couple that with family time, riding, and other responsibilities I have and unfortunately I just can't seem to fit SF in on a regular basis and give it the attention it deserves. I wish I could be as most of you have probably noticed for about the last 3 months or so Ive been kinda scarce, just popping in to reply to PM's and read a few threads before heading out again. No one on this site drove me to this decision nor did anyone influence me in any way shape or form . This was something that has been brewing since about April and unfortunately now is the time to pull the trigger.

I know all of you will give the same respect to the new mods coming on board as you have given to me, and to Prosdo.

In the very near future there will be a couple more moderators being added to the team to help Prosdo. They will be named and contacted by the SF management team. Ive already made a couple suggestions and Im sure Prosdo and Mike will make great choices as new additions to the management team. I appreciate everyone being so supportive on SF and helping us mods out by reporting threads and helping to keep the trolls away. You guys rock and while not everyone can get along all the time, SF is a great place to hang out and talk Steelers and that will never change.

I'll still pop in and post as much as I can, and yes Im still as "never say die" a Steeler fan as ever, that will never change ! Last year we won the Super Bowl, it was a dream come true for all of us and I personally will never forget one moment of that season nor the time spent here going through it with all of you. You guys rock and I thank you from the bottom of my black n gold bleeding heart for all the support you have given me, prosdo, and SF as a whole. I may not be around as much as before nor will I be a mod but Im still the same ole BRC.

Keep rocking SF and long live the Black N Gold !!!!!

Matt
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 10:47 PM   #2
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784
Default Re: Thank you SF...but the time has come...

Thank you Matt. I know that you're doing what you need to do. I'm glad to hear that you'll still be around when you can.
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 10:48 PM   #3
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,019 Times in 4,561 Posts

wow.

you will always be as steelerfan as a steelerfan gets. it dont get no better than you. you are a great mod, and i look forward to many more gameday chats. the one constant im used to at SF is you and prosdo as mods. it will definitely take some tiime getting used to and noone will do it better!
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 10:51 PM   #4
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Thanks for putting up with my #$%&...lol. You've been great. Hope to see you around, you da man and GO STEELERS!!!!.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:52 PM   #5
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

Matt...

You just made SteelerzGirl .

Say it isn't so!

I am so sad to see you resign your position as Moderator here at Steelers Fever, but I know your reasoning behind it and respect you and your decision. Thank you for everything you have done for all of us here. You have left behind some huge shoes to be filled.

I'm glad you'll still be w/us posting about our beloved Steelers. It wouldn't be the same without you here.

Good luck and best wishes. You know I love ya!

Last edited by SteelerzGirl; 08-01-2006 at 10:57 PM.
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 10:58 PM   #6
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerzGirl
You have left behind some huge shoes to be filled.
Kinda like JB in the leadership role....
Old 08-01-2006, 11:01 PM   #7
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
Kinda like JB in the leadership role....
Yes, exactly. I really will miss Matt. He's good people.
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 11:09 PM   #8
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO...

BRC's been like the boss as long as I've been here and one of the guys who really got this site rolling. It won't be the same seeing the mod team without him. Can't you just remain like an honorary mod?

Good luck with the changes going on in your life...they're much more important than the things you have to deal with on here.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 11:32 PM   #9
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Thanks 85.... I thought about sticking around as an honorary mod but thats Mike's call and to this point I havent heard back on that issue yet. So for all intents and purposes Im officially stepping down. You and a few other bengal fans that hang here and that Ive talked with on cincybengals are cool people and definately fun to debate with. I'll still around to give you shiate durin the rematches though
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 11:43 PM   #10
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,019 Times in 4,561 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
Thanks 85.... I thought about sticking around as an honorary mod but thats Mike's call and to this point I havent heard back on that issue yet. So for all intents and purposes Im officially stepping down. You and a few other bengal fans that hang here and that Ive talked with on cincybengals are cool people and definately fun to debate with. I'll still around to give you shiate durin the rematches though
in honor of blitzburgh this is one thing i remember from when i first started reading this forum:

rawk on!
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote