Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-29-2006, 11:07 AM   #1
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302
Default Tyson just doesnt get it!

In this Friday, Dec. 29, 2006 booking photo provided by the Maricopa County (Ariz.) Sheriff's Department, boxer Mike Tyson is shown. Tyson was arrested early Friday on suspicion of driving under the influence and possession of cocaine after police stopped him shortly after he left a Scottsdale nightclub.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:19 AM   #2
steelerbackr4life
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1931
Default Re: Tyson just doesnt get it!

tay it aint to !
Old 12-29-2006, 01:55 PM   #3
sumo
Team Captain

Member Number: 3047

I went and watched him train in Phoenix several years ago and me and my friends tried to sort out all of his "handlers" just attending his workout - I remember he had a separate handler for each of the following things:advice guy in ring, advice guy side of the ring, towels, water, gloves, taping, phone guy (had several cell phones), three guys for security, two guys in charge of autographs... couldn't believe it -- huge entourage!! - once the money was gone - all these guys bolted - now he's left to fend for himself - my prediction is that he will either end up dead or in prison for the rest of his life..

"The Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ..the Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ...you wanna crown their a--, then crown'em..." Dennis Green - voted Best Damn Quote by Fox Sports and Sumo-2006

Last edited by sumo; 12-29-2006 at 06:11 PM.
sumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 02:58 PM   #4
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

I'm surprised that bum is still alive to be honest. I thought somebody would have shot or stabbed him by now. All in time. He's driving on a one way street heading in the wrong direction.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:58 PM   #5
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
I'm surprised that bum is still alive to be honest. I thought somebody would have shot or stabbed him by now. All in time. He's driving on a one way street heading in the wrong direction.
I'm surprised he's not serving 20-to-life by now for murder. Guy has always been a ticking time bomb.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 05:39 PM   #6
In Cowher We Trust
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3134

he's an idiot
Old 09-24-2007, 01:02 PM   #7
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Tyson pleads guilty to drug charge, DUI
Associated Press, Updated 1 hour ago

MESA, Ariz. (AP) - Former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson pleaded guilty Monday to charges of drug possession and driving under the influence stemming from a traffic stop last year as he was leaving a nightclub.

Tyson quietly acknowledged to a judge that he had cocaine and was impaired when he was stopped for driving erratically in Scottsdale on Dec. 29.

He pleaded guilty to a single felony count of cocaine possession and a misdemeanor DUI count and faces up to four years and three months in prison when he is sentenced Nov. 19. A felony charge of possession of drug paraphernalia and a second misdemeanor DUI charge were dropped, according to the terms of a plea agreement.

Defense lawyer David Chesnoff said Tyson has been clean and sober for eight months.

"It's obvious this was a crime he was committing against himself," Chesnoff said.

Police stopped Tyson after the boxer had spent the evening at Scottsdale's *****cat Lounge. An officer said he saw Tyson wiping a white substance off the dashboard of his black BMW, and that his speech was slurred. Authorities said they found bags of cocaine in Tyson's pocket and in his car.

Tyson told officers later that he used cocaine "whenever I can get my hands on it," and that he preferred to smoke it in Marlboro cigarettes with the tobacco pulled out, according to court documents. He also told police that he used marijuana that day and was taking the antidepressant Zoloft, the documents state.

Since his arrest, Tyson checked himself into an in-patient treatment program for what his lawyer called "various addictions." Defense lawyer David Chesnoff had said previously that he had try to keep the boxer out of prison.

In 1986, Tyson became the youngest heavyweight champion in history when, at 20, he knocked out Trevor Berbick. He lost his title four years later when he was knocked out by James "Buster" Douglas. By 1997, Tyson's career hit a low point when he bit Evander Holyfield's ear during a fight.

Tyson, 41, recently had been trying to revive his career with a series of boxing exhibitions.

County Attorney Andrew Thomas said earlier this year that Tyson should be put behind bars if convicted, noting that Tyson was convicted of rape in Indiana in 1992 and pleaded no contest to misdemeanor assault charges in Maryland in 1999. "He has run out of second chances," Thomas said.

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/7259604?MSNHPHMA
Old 09-24-2007, 01:03 PM   #8
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

And in related news, Donovan McNabb has stated that black boxers have it tougher and that Mike Tyson is being treated unfairly.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 09-24-2007 at 01:16 PM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote