Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-30-2006, 02:32 PM   #21
iloveben7
Team Captain

Member Number: 3165
Default Re: Ben a Slacker?

Thanks BR7SteelersBabe86!!

My dream is to meet my HERO, Ben Roethlisberger
iloveben7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 02:41 PM   #22
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Want-Troy's-Hair View Post
From our friends over at profootballtalk.com If this is the case it sure showed this year, he ought get his ass in gear....

BIG BEN NEEDS TO BUCKLE DOWN

Regardless of who the head coach of the Steelers will be in 2007 (and we don't think it will be anyone named Cowher or Grimm or Whisenhunt . . . or Joey Joe-Joe Junior Shabadoo), the guy leading the way starting next season needs to get quarterback Ben Roethlisberger to take his job more seriously.

Industry sources tell us that Roethlisberger's motto is "last in, first out" -- a reference to his substandard work ethic. He has developed a reputation for not working with his receivers, and for not studying film.

There's no room for complacency in the NFL, and we've got a feeling that other players in Pittsburgh are also guilty of cutting corners in the season after the long-coveted One for the Thumb. If the next coach can get Roethlisberger to bust his ass, it will go a long way toward getting others in the building to do the same.
who the hell is the source here??? I doubt someone that rushes back from accidents, surgerys and concussions has a poor work ethic.
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 02:47 PM   #23
BigDuke6
Banned

Member Number: 2238

You guys kill me......You kill me !!!!! Here the Steelers are 7-8....out of the playoffs....embarrassed by rivals like the Ravens....and according to you lovers.....its NOBODYS fault....Somebody give me an honest thread to respond to....somewhere we can honestly and objectively pontificate and ruminate on the Steelers, their coaching, players, FO, everything. Not this brainless cheer-leading....
RAH RAH SIZ-BOOM BAH. GOOOOOOOO STEELERS !!!!!!
BigDuke6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 02:49 PM   #24
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDuke6 View Post
You guys kill me......You kill me !!!!! Here the Steelers are 7-8....out of the playoffs....embarrassed by rivals like the Ravens....and according to you lovers.....its NOBODYS fault....Somebody give me an honest thread to respond to....somewhere we can honestly and objectively pontificate and ruminate on the Steelers, their coaching, players, FO, everything. Not this brainless cheer-leading....
I'm about as real as it gets when it comes to the steelers. I have critizted that problems with this team all year. I just dont question his work ethic. I question his piss poor decisions of rushing every single injury. This season is the coaching staffs fault as well as bens as well.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:53 PM   #25
BigDuke6
Banned

Member Number: 2238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
I'm about as real as it gets when it comes to the steelers. I have critizted that problems with this team all year. I just dont question his work ethic. I question his piss poor decisions of rushing every single injury. This season is the coaching staffs fault as well as bens as well.
Thank you for your response. I was hoping to get a rise out of somebody. Thank you.
BigDuke6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 03:01 PM   #26
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Thank you for your response. I was hoping to get a rise out of somebody. Thank you.
that bored huh?
Old 12-30-2006, 03:30 PM   #27
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

Quote:

Be easy Duke. If you've done your homework,....you know that i and many others here have "kept it real" (so to speak) in regards to Ben's performance this season. (In my case,...since he's come into the League)
But at the same time it's productive to try to be objective when regarding the opinions of others,....regardless as to whether you agree with them or not.
By no means am i advising you or anyone else to "bite their tongues". I'm just saying,....("Bobby Deniro voice")......"A little more tact might be in order" LOL

"Hail Caesar,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 03:32 PM   #28
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCzar76 View Post
Be easy Duke. If you've done your homework,....you know that i and many others here have "kept it real" (so to speak) in regards to Ben's performance this season. (In my case,...since he's come into the League)
But at the same time it's productive to try to be objective when regarding the opinions of others,....regardless as to whether you agree with them or not.
By no means am i advising you or anyone else to "bite their tongues". I'm just saying,....("Bobby Deniro voice")......"A little more tact might be in order" LOL

"Hail Caesar,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"
no you missed out on his other thread. He just wanted some attention

Quote:
Old 12-30-2006, 03:52 PM   #29
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
You guys kill me......You kill me !!!!! Here the Steelers are 7-8....out of the playoffs....embarrassed by rivals like the Ravens....and according to you lovers.....its NOBODYS fault....Somebody give me an honest thread to respond to....somewhere we can honestly and objectively pontificate and ruminate on the Steelers, their coaching, players, FO, everything. Not this brainless cheer-leading....RAH RAH SIZ-BOOM BAH. GOOOOOOOO STEELERS !!!!!!
BigDuke - we are all entitled to our opinions around here - please refrain from putting others down who don't agree with yours. Thanks.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 04:00 PM   #30
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Hey this isn't the first time I have heard and read that Ben had a questionable work ethic. Even his teammates said in the past that Ben looked terrible in practice and if you read between the lines that his teammates were trying to say that Ben's needs to put more effort into practice. But the thing was Ben got it done on gameday for the most part in his first two years so no problems. Plus when you factor in all the success Ben had in his first two that maybe he did slack alittle this year. Plus his health could have played a factor to.

Hey we all need alittle push from time to time so Ben maybe needs a push for next year. I think Ben has learned alot from this year and will rebound and play like the QB we know he can be next year.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote