Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 08-09-2005, 12:26 PM   #31
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486
Default Re: Bengals talking smack already

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBen2Ward
Don't get me wrong....I am not very happy with Hines. What can you do? I would still rather have Cedrick Wilson or El than Chad.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 02:17 PM   #32
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

Honestly, I would hate to see Chad in a Steelers uniform....his athletic ability is among the best in the NFL, but I would be embarassed by the circus act and all the showboating. I would rather get the job done with someone that has less ability, but more ethics and sportsmanship. I guess I am old school....

I am not being a hypocrite.....some of the things that Joey Porter has done on and off the feild disgust me. He is a thug....I like his athletic ability, but hate his personality. I even lost a bit of respect for Hines when he did the bird against the Eagles. I thought it was stupid and unecessary. Just as if he grabbed a sign taunting the NFL and held it in front of him. I hate when the Bus will have like two back to back runs for a total of 11 yards, and he jumps up shaking his head and pumpin his legs like he just had a major impact in the game. I just like the guys that hand the ball to the ref.....

I know I am this way from High School where our coach would not tolerate hardly any celebrations and no "look at me" kinda stuff. We were all about business and never let our emotions get to us.
Old 08-09-2005, 02:42 PM   #33
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

I did want to say that Chad has gotten better as far a his behavior on the feild. Maybe he relized how stupid it looked after watching Kelly Washinton or Freddie Mitchell.

Still everytime he is on TV or getting quoted he is degrading other players, or just a whole team, or the whole NFL in general. He always has some kinda jokes, or one-liners, or a catch phrase..... the whole act is getting a bit ridiculous. It is like he thinks he is in Pro-Wrestling.

Making statements like this, and showing no respect for the Steelers or any other team is gonna make the cork board, and is gonna get him hurt. It is also gonna give the other team an edge and just another reason to get up for the game and kick some butt.....Look how the Pepto Bismol stunt helped the team. You got wupped by the pathetic Browns who were pumped up to stop Chad, beat the Bengals, and they did.

I can't wait til the first time Chad goes over the middle and Polamalu puts the stamp on him. Chris Hope hits very hard too!
Old 08-09-2005, 03:07 PM   #34
Southernsteeler
Water Boy

Member Number: 447

Who care's he might get a TD and a hundred some yards but his team will still lose cuz Palmer will throw 2 int and the bungles secondary blows ...Chad is half right though nobody can cover him in the playoffs cuz he'll be sitting on his butt watching the games on TV
Southernsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 03:50 PM   #35
CantStop85
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southernsteeler
Who care's he might get a TD and a hundred some yards but his team will still lose cuz Palmer will throw 2 int and the bungles secondary blows ...Chad is half right though nobody can cover him in the playoffs cuz he'll be sitting on his butt watching the games on TV
I can feel the love in the room right now.

Get off Palmer's back, he was basically a rookie last season and you're criticizing him like he's Kyle Boller. Palmer should be good for 25 TD's, 3,000+ yards, and about 10-18 picks this season.

Last time I checked, the Bengals secondary was one of the strengths on the defense with Tory James going to the Pro Bowl last season, Madieu being a rising star, and Deltha O'Neal/Keiwan Ratliff being very solid. The Bengals finished 13th in passing yards allowed per game.

Stopping the run was the main problem with the Bengals defense last season, namely because of the front 7. The run defense should be improved this year with the newly named starters of Odell Thurman at MLB, Landon Johnson at OLB(Pollack lost the job), Bryan Robinson at DT, Robert Geathers at DE, and every one else on the defensive line switching positions.

I bet you thought you were pretty intelligent with those witty remarks, but please try harder next time.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:42 PM   #36
BengalBrian
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 428

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85
I bet you thought you were pretty intelligent with those witty remarks, but please try harder next time.
Anyone with that avatar is far from 'pretty intelligent'

Wouldnt want to see Chad in a Steelers uniform.. lol

You people crack me up that say this... He is a better athlete than Ward and may act goofy and have fun, but his ethics are fine.. Not lacking in that dept.. Maybe you were referring to Hines 'I cant honor the last year of my contract' Ward. Maybe you meant you dont want to see HIM in a Steeler uniform.. Hell.. You may luck out.. You may not see him in a uniform at all this year... Perhaps he's still embarrased from crying like a baby and doesnt want to show his face...

**** the Steelers!
BengalBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 08:22 PM   #37
CantStop85
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalBrian
Anyone with that avatar is far from 'pretty intelligent'

Wouldnt want to see Chad in a Steelers uniform.. lol

You people crack me up that say this... He is a better athlete than Ward and may act goofy and have fun, but his ethics are fine.. Not lacking in that dept.. Maybe you were referring to Hines 'I cant honor the last year of my contract' Ward. Maybe you meant you dont want to see HIM in a Steeler uniform.. Hell.. You may luck out.. You may not see him in a uniform at all this year... Perhaps he's still embarrased from crying like a baby and doesnt want to show his face...

Old 08-09-2005, 08:39 PM   #38
BengalBrian
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85

**** the Steelers!
Old 08-09-2005, 11:46 PM   #39
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Glad to see Bengals fans are in full form..... same old smack, same old hype, same old Bungles. Nothing like a foot in your mouth, huh.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:51 PM   #40
BengalBrian
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBen2Ward
Glad to see Bengals fans are in full form..... same old smack, same old hype, same old Bungles. Nothing like a foot in your mouth, huh.
Same old smack? Smack is smack.. This is a waste of keystrokes.. You are weak.. Either REALLY smack back, or go back under yer rock...

;)

Just playin'

**** the Steelers!