Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 12-31-2006, 05:29 PM   #1
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751
Default 8 and 8 and 8 and 8.

Before the season started I remember everyone talking; how many games were we going to win? And damn, the Bengals! They are looking good, if we don't win it all they might! This was going to be great, because when we beat them it was going to be even better because they were good.

Eight. And eight. And eight. And eight. They disappointed us once early, we shocked them once late. Sure, it was great to bring them down to even. But I would have traded that for a playoff berth.

Pride goeth before the fall. Here's hoping that next year it will be more evil. Here's hoping that here will be a third Steelers-Bengals game next year, where we can knock them out of the playoffs. Because this sucked.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 05:38 PM   #2
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,397 Times in 3,686 Posts
Default Re: 8 and 8 and 8 and 8.

Hard to say who had the more disappointing 8-8; Steelers season was shot by Halloween, while the Bengals started 3-0 and came from ahead to lose a playoff slot by losing their last three. FWIW, I recall more presason predictions selected the Bengals over the Steelers to win the AFC North.

Both teams have issues for 2007 but even if they win it all this season I have a difficult time seeing the Ravens as repeat champions in the division next season.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 05:41 PM   #3
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca View Post
Before the season started I remember everyone talking; how many games were we going to win? And damn, the Bengals! They are looking good, if we don't win it all they might! This was going to be great, because when we beat them it was going to be even better because they were good.

Eight. And eight. And eight. And eight. They disappointed us once early, we shocked them once late. Sure, it was great to bring them down to even. But I would have traded that for a playoff berth.

Pride goeth before the fall. Here's hoping that next year it will be more evil. Here's hoping that here will be a third Steelers-Bengals game next year, where we can knock them out of the playoffs. Because this sucked.

Tom
"Because this sucked."

I kinda of disagree. What would have sucked is that "wide right" really should have been "just inside the upright". Our season was over when the Ravens took the AFC North crown by shutting us out the first time - well actually Oakland and Atlanta should have been unforgivable and they were.

BUT DUDE!!! Knocking the Bengals out of the playoffs on their field in OT with a Homes dagger was PURE MAGIC. I think I'll go watch that again.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 05:45 PM   #4
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Oh yeah, that would have sucked a lot more! I didn't mean the GAME sucked, I thought today's game was GREAT. But I sat through too many Sundays screaming NO!!! NO!!! NO!!! at the TV this year. THAT is what sucked.

I want to say it again; I LOVED today's game. It was the SEASON that sucked. And I was really looking forward to THREE Steelers/Bengals games this year. I want to knock them out of the playofs.

Collectively we were 16-16. In scoring we were 35-33 (and would have been 35-34 but for the PAT disused in OT). And we both sucked because we both played below our talent.

Here's to knocking the Bengals out of the playoffs in '08. It's always more fun to beat them when they're good (of course beating them when they're bad has its pleasures too).

Tom

Last edited by Mosca; 12-31-2006 at 05:50 PM.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:47 PM   #5
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,258 Times in 2,300 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiku_Dirtt View Post
"Because this sucked."

BUT DUDE!!! Knocking the Bengals out of the playoffs on their field in OT with a Homes dagger was PURE MAGIC. I think I'll go watch that again.

Ding Ding Ding
We have a winner chicken dinner.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 05:49 PM   #6
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,366 Times in 4,304 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Hard to say who had the more disappointing 8-8; Steelers season was shot by Halloween, while the Bengals started 3-0 and came from ahead to lose a playoff slot by losing their last three. FWIW, I recall more presason predictions selected the Bengals over the Steelers to win the AFC North.

Both teams have issues for 2007 but even if they win it all this season I have a difficult time seeing the Ravens as repeat champions in the division next season.
theres a crazy stat, that in the past 5 or 6 years there has been a 75% turnover rate in the division winners. (average of 6 of 8 each year) that pretty much held true this season too.

you are right though. many thought with the loss of bettis, el, hope, kimo, bens accident, and cowhers distraction we would miss the playoffs with a 7-9 to 9-7 record. bungles were the sexy pick along with the panthers. bungles are easilly the bigger disappointment.

our offense out preformed their overhyped offense today. the bungles have shown they cant beat us unless we gift wrap a minimum of 3 turnovers for them. today we only did it twice.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 07:24 PM   #7
Person A and not B
Water Boy

Member Number: 3076

hahaha, I remember at the beginning of the year the biggest talk was "Superbowl hangover" and "Super bowl for Bengals". But even though our "superbowl hangover" has extended since it was first mentioned, (after game four or five) the bengals were picked to go all the way (or atleast make the playoffs).

I live in dayton, and sure enough, there wasn't anyone.. ANYONE at all wearing bengals stuff for the last two weeks. Infact, living around here is alot better when your team stops them from making the playoffs.

So, if I had to pick, I'd say their 8 and 8 is alot more painful. The bandwagon is diminishing. Suddenly "The Great Bengals Dynasty" has turned into "The Great (bengals) Escape".

Our team might have problems.. but they're actual problems, not sissy problems that would get you cut (even if you played college ball). Our team works through it.. and worked hard, and I think we're slowly re-establishing ourselves as contenders.

8 and 8 to us? Another season of "NONONONO" and "YESYESYESYES" Equal throughout. We lost to bad teams and beat some good ones.. but we love our team and our players. Hangover or not, I'm just glad we got up from 2-6, dusted ourselves off, and continued to support our team to break even. There's always next year.

8 and 8 to the bengals fans? The end of their dynasty. They seem ready to burn players, coaches, staff, and each-other.. isntead of admit they have had problems. All year long they blame everything (including (non)bad calls, missing players, and weather) except their golden team, and suddenly.. they have torches and pitchforks in hand looking for the entire organization. Soon, they will slink away and go back into their normal lives, put their bengals gear away (only to pull all their OSU stuff out) and the few left standing pray silently that next year is their year.
Person A and not B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 07:25 PM   #8
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post

I don't see the Ravens repeating. McNair can't make chicken salad out of everything all the time.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 07:38 PM   #9
NV STEELERS 723
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2572

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
I don't see the Ravens repeating. McNair can't make chicken salad out of everything all the time.
SteelCityMan... you didn't complete the sentence.... its chicken salad out of chicken shit...
NV STEELERS 723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 09:38 PM   #10
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Person A and not B View Post
hahaha...

[snip]

Soon, they will slink away and go back into their normal lives, put their bengals gear away (only to pull all their OSU stuff out) and the few left standing pray silently that next year is their year.
Wow. 12th post and PROPS TO YOU. Good insight.

Tom