Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers > Game Reporter

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 07-01-2007, 06:16 AM   #111
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390
Default Re: Steelers 2007 Season Opponents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers123 View Post
@ Browns - W
vs. Bills - W
vs. 49ers - W
@ Cardinals - L
vs. Seahawks - W
@ Broncos - L
@ Bengals - W
vs. Ravens - W
vs. Browns - W
@ Jets - L
vs. Dolphins - W
vs. Bengals - L
@ Patriots - L
vs. Jaguars - W
@ Rams - W
@ Ravens - L

10-6 as we get in the playoffs as a wild card.
Ok.. first of all. I am gonna be realistic about my predictions on these wins/losses. I honestly think that the Steelers will split the season series with the Ravens and Bengals this year.
The 49ers will not be a easy win.. this team under Alex Smith is comming together nicely and with a few breaks here and there for them and they are in the playoffs. Seahawks Jaguars and Rams will not be push overs by no means. I really think that the 10-6 mark could be 8-8 or it could be 12-4. Alot depends on Big Bens' comeback. If he comeback strong and has the season that we are used to seeing out of him, then we have a chance to run into deep playoff contention. Willie should have a monster year this year if our O Line can get things together and play up to Steelers standards and I think that they will.
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 02:08 PM   #112
Lodi49erFan
Water Boy

Member Number: 6159

These predictions are a sign of homerism at its best
Lodi49erFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 02:10 PM   #113
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodi49erFan View Post
And you expect something different on a PITTSBURGH STEELERS MESSAGE BOARD?

What are your predictions for the 9ers this season?

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 02:13 PM   #114
Lodi49erFan
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
And you expect something different on a PITTSBURGH STEELERS MESSAGE BOARD?

What are your predictions for the 9ers this season?

i say a modest 9-7 or a 10-6, but i have good reason to say so...

our division leader is getting weaker (seattle) the rams are getting older and the cardinals... well they are just the cardinals...

we do have the second easiest schedule.. so a 2 -3 game turnaround w/ all the offseason moves we've had is not hard to believe. But i do wish you guys good luck... except when you play us...
Old 08-06-2007, 02:15 PM   #115
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
You know, I actually picked the Niners to win the NFC West. Most of our fans, including many on this board, think the Niners will be a pretty good team. So it isn't like we don't have any respect for them over here. Besides, why wouldn't a Steeler fan think our team would do well?
Old 08-06-2007, 02:25 PM   #116
Lodi49erFan
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
You know, I actually picked the Niners to win the NFC West. Most of our fans, including many on this board, think the Niners will be a pretty good team. So it isn't like we don't have any respect for them over here. Besides, why wouldn't a Steeler fan think our team would do well?
its not that i dont' think they will do good... its just that some people are unrealistic... going from.... were you guys 8-8 last year? to 13-3, 12-4 or something like that that some people are quoting is just out there.. but i wish you the best.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:38 PM   #117
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
its not that i dont' think they will do good... its just that some people are unrealistic... going from.... were you guys 8-8 last year? to 13-3, 12-4 or something like that that some people are quoting is just out there.. but i wish you the best.
If our first-team offense plays all season the way they did last night, who's to say we couldn't finish 12-4 or 13-3? They marched right down the field on a team many pick to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. So while it's unlikely they'll finish with that good of a record, it isn't unrealistic. I personally see them at 11-5 at best, but more than likely 10-6 and a wild card berth.

Good luck to the Niners!
Old 08-06-2007, 02:43 PM   #118
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
i say a modest 9-7 or a 10-6, but i have good reason to say so...

our division leader is getting weaker (seattle) the rams are getting older and the cardinals... well they are just the cardinals...

we do have the second easiest schedule.. so a 2 -3 game turnaround w/ all the offseason moves we've had is not hard to believe. But i do wish you guys good luck... except when you play us...
You guys had a nice second half last season - up and coming team for sure. I still wouldn't rule out the Cards - all they really needed to do was to beef up their O-line which they addressed in the draft from what I've read.

If you watched the HOF game last night, I'm sure you could see that the Steelers first teams totally dominated the NFC champs' first teams and all in all, looked pretty much in sync. Tomlin has worked them very hard in camp and their hard work showed on the field and definitely paid off, though in a meaningless game. The best is yet to come - you heard it here first!

Good luck to you and the 9'ers this season - I've always had the utmost respect for them.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 05:17 PM   #119
Lodi49erFan
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
If our first-team offense plays all season the way they did last night, who's to say we couldn't finish 12-4 or 13-3? They marched right down the field on a team many pick to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. So while it's unlikely they'll finish with that good of a record, it isn't unrealistic. I personally see them at 11-5 at best, but more than likely 10-6 and a wild card berth.

Good luck to the Niners!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
You guys had a nice second half last season - up and coming team for sure. I still wouldn't rule out the Cards - all they really needed to do was to beef up their O-line which they addressed in the draft from what I've read.

If you watched the HOF game last night, I'm sure you could see that the Steelers first teams totally dominated the NFC champs' first teams and all in all, looked pretty much in sync. Tomlin has worked them very hard in camp and their hard work showed on the field and definitely paid off, though in a meaningless game. The best is yet to come - you heard it here first!

Good luck to you and the 9'ers this season - I've always had the utmost respect for them.
Thank You both.... Good Luck to the Steelers like i said.... except for when we play you...
Old 08-07-2007, 10:46 PM   #120
xXTheSteelKingsXx
Team Owner

Member Number: 5803

Quote:
Thank You both.... Good Luck to the Steelers like i said.... except for when we play you...
Likewise.