Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Community > Introductions

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 08-05-2005, 08:15 PM   #1
24seven
Starter

Member Number: 525
Talking Hello from Boise IDAHO

Hello everyone! My name is Larry from Boise Idaho.. I'm 32 and been a steelers fan since i was 5 years old. My first memory was the 1980 super bowl when we smoked the Rams.. I've been hooked ever since.. I love the Steelers SOOOOOOOO Much and it kills me to know we haven't signed Heinzy yet.. He's our bread and butter and such an outstanding talent i can't stop thinking about it all day. My co worker is also a steelers fan and we has also expressed his concerns.. Yes we can move on, live without, find a replacement but I DON'T WANT A REPLACEMENT!!! No one will ever stand up to Heinz Ward.. Not even Terrel Owens in my opinion.. I've had the Sunday ticket since the 2nd year it came out and have watched EVERY game since (not to mention all i could before the ticket was available) and Heinz has put more heart and emotion into this game than any other player I have ever seen.. He hits like Greg Lloyd, runs like Franco Harris and is black and gold as Jack Lambert.. Everyday I get home and check Steelers Fever HOPING that they have signed him.. If the Steelers let him go it will be there biggest mistake ever!!!! I can't believe they don't give him what he's asking for.. whatever it is.. HE"S WORTH IT!!!!! I know this is introduction page but my emotions are high on this topic and just want to express my feelings on my love of this team and it's players just like all of us here are probably experiencing.. So many good players have come and gone and some were surprises to see let go but Heinz is one player that will forever go down as the biggest mistake EVER if let go. I hope Mr. Rooney and they whole Steelers organization knows what effects this will have on the team and the fans as rarely does a player of Wards caliber come along in a decade let along a lifetime.. I must have seen a thousand pictures of Heinz and in damn near all of em he's got that classic grin we've all come to love.. Even as he's about to get rocked or being takin to the ground he's flashin his pearly whites.. That's a player that loves the game.. Good times and bad, Heinz is always a professional. Terell Owens wishes he was HALF the man Heinz was.. Now if only the Steelers would realize it.. For all it's worth.. Hello and GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE YA FOREVER!!!!!!!
24seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 08:41 PM   #2
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292
Default Re: Hello from Boise IDAHO

Welcome to Steelers Fever...post up and have fun.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:43 PM   #3
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Funny u should mention that first game u remember as that super bowl. Im the same way. My dad says I watched football before that, but thats the first game I can actually say I remember.

Welcome to SF !
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 10:02 PM   #4
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

Welcome to Steelers Fever! Glad to have you here!
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 08:42 AM   #5
SteelR1
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 512

Holy intro Batman....

Welcome to the board, and enjoy!!!!!!!!

We all feel your pain on the Hines situation. Its hard to find a player in todays NFL that touches an organization and its Fans as much as Hines does!!!!!!!!!!!

SIGN HINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-06-2005, 12:56 PM   #6
SteelerFanInATL
Team Captain

Member Number: 369

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
Funny u should mention that first game u remember as that super bowl. Im the same way. My dad says I watched football before that, but thats the first game I can actually say I remember.

Welcome to SF !

Quit talking like that! You guys are making me feel old. I can remember the first Super Bowl that we won!!
SteelerFanInATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 11:21 PM   #7
24seven
Starter

Member Number: 525

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity

Welcome to SF !

Same here.. I remember it well cause i love chicken and i was really sick and my chicken tasted like rabbit.. Good football and nasty chicken .. my first steelers memory...lol.. But that christmas we also got the full uniforms from Sears catalog.. I got the helmet and pads,pants etc and the infamous #12 jersey and my twin brother got Fouts #14 San Diego wares.. ahhh.. those were the days .. :) of course steelers whooped up on the chargers in the back yard brawls consistantly.. lol
24seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 09:53 AM   #8
steelersgirl86
Starter

Member Number: 331

Welcome, I am sure you will like it here...
Old 08-08-2005, 09:57 AM   #9
Steelyasoul007
Water Boy

Member Number: 523

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24seven
Hello everyone! My name is Larry from Boise Idaho.. I'm 32 and been a steelers fan since i was 5 years old. My first memory was the 1980 super bowl when we smoked the Rams.. I've been hooked ever since.. I love the Steelers SOOOOOOOO Much and it kills me to know we haven't signed Heinzy yet.. He's our bread and butter and such an outstanding talent i can't stop thinking about it all day. My co worker is also a steelers fan and we has also expressed his concerns.. Yes we can move on, live without, find a replacement but I DON'T WANT A REPLACEMENT!!! No one will ever stand up to Heinz Ward.. Not even Terrel Owens in my opinion.. I've had the Sunday ticket since the 2nd year it came out and have watched EVERY game since (not to mention all i could before the ticket was available) and Heinz has put more heart and emotion into this game than any other player I have ever seen.. He hits like Greg Lloyd, runs like Franco Harris and is black and gold as Jack Lambert.. Everyday I get home and check Steelers Fever HOPING that they have signed him.. If the Steelers let him go it will be there biggest mistake ever!!!! I can't believe they don't give him what he's asking for.. whatever it is.. HE"S WORTH IT!!!!! I know this is introduction page but my emotions are high on this topic and just want to express my feelings on my love of this team and it's players just like all of us here are probably experiencing.. So many good players have come and gone and some were surprises to see let go but Heinz is one player that will forever go down as the biggest mistake EVER if let go. I hope Mr. Rooney and they whole Steelers organization knows what effects this will have on the team and the fans as rarely does a player of Wards caliber come along in a decade let along a lifetime.. I must have seen a thousand pictures of Heinz and in damn near all of em he's got that classic grin we've all come to love.. Even as he's about to get rocked or being takin to the ground he's flashin his pearly whites.. That's a player that loves the game.. Good times and bad, Heinz is always a professional. Terell Owens wishes he was HALF the man Heinz was.. Now if only the Steelers would realize it.. For all it's worth.. Hello and GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE YA FOREVER!!!!!!!
Nuff Said and welcome!!
Steelyasoul007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 05:12 PM   #10
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

welcome. and enjoy. we always have fun here.