Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2007, 07:26 AM   #1
brind666
Draft Prospect
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 70
Member Number: 3120
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default James Harrison to start next year ???

what you guys think ??? what are the odds ??? i am bit concerned with his recent injuiries...???? wasnt he injuiried last year too???
brind666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 07:45 AM   #2
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend
 
83-Steelers-43's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,993
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1009
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: James Harrison to start next year ???

The injuries really don't bother me all that much. If I recall, at least one (if not both) of those injuries occcured while on ST's and not while playing at the LB spot.

Will he start next season? That's tough. IMO, much of it depends on the new coaching staff. Will Porter be here next season? Will Haggans keep his starting job? I think it's a little early to speculate.
__________________
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 07:47 AM   #3
Justin Otstott
Team Captain
 
Justin Otstott's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Harrisburg, Pa
Posts: 980
Gender: Male
Member Number: 539
Thanks: 9
Thanked 83 Times in 45 Posts
My Mood: Relaxed
Default Re: James Harrison to start next year ???

man I would love to see James start next season, guy is a monster!!!!
__________________
Justin Otstott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 08:56 AM   #4
ChronoCross
Assistant Coach
 
ChronoCross's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Indiana Now
Posts: 1,481
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2201
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: James Harrison to start next year ???

Harrison is a monster and his time is coming. But will it be next year, not sure. Can he beat out Haggins the fastest of the LB core who knows. Will Porter be here next season is a big question. Even tho Porter has 1 more year on his contract, will he pitch a fuss about money and push for a trade are a cut so he can go somewhere to get a bigger payday, who knows. I do see Harrison barring any major injury starting for us forsure in 2008. In 2008 and 2009 the LB Core will go under heavy changes do to contracts. Porter, Farrior, Foot, Haggins, James Harrison, Kriedwalt, Rian Wallace, Arnold Harrison all coming up for contracts in 2008 and 2009. Players like Chad Brown who was brought in for injury concerns that we were having ending up on IR will be released this offseason. Farrior will be working on his 11 and 12 season coming up so who know's how much longer he will play. The next two drafts we will be getting LBs forsure to groom and get back depth on ones that we will loose. Defense will be taking a new face of players over the next couple years.
ChronoCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:00 AM   #5
FLSteeler
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16
Member Number: 2618
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: James Harrison to start next year ???

James Harrison will be the next linebacker for the steelers , we
paid him 5.6 million to keep him. And as far as injuries he uses
his body as a battering ram. If you watch him on special teams
this year he is in on all tackles. When he blocked that punt this
year was very impressive it had not been done since Chris
Mafalaalala did it on special teams in 2002. The guy is humble , he
just wants to play . So when he plays he plays all out.


"Go Steelers"
FLSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:36 AM   #6
klick81
Team Owner
Supporter
 
klick81's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,683
Member Number: 1396
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: James Harrison to start next year ???

He's a baaaad mofo!!! I'd like to see what he's got out there.
__________________
Ward, after being fined by Goodell on a play that was not penalized:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines Ward
What are you going to say, I was too rough?
klick81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:43 AM   #7
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter
 
SteelerFanInCA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 2,176
Gender: Male
Member Number: 875
Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: James Harrison to start next year ???

I love the way Harrison plays. The guy is beast and should be starting next year. We might have to mix in some new blood into the LB mix.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:54 AM   #8
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned
 
lamberts-lost-tooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,829
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: James Harrison to start next year ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoCross View Post
Harrison is a monster and his time is coming. But will it be next year, not sure. Can he beat out Haggins the fastest of the LB core who knows. Will Porter be here next season is a big question. Even tho Porter has 1 more year on his contract, will he pitch a fuss about money and push for a trade are a cut so he can go somewhere to get a bigger payday, who knows. I do see Harrison barring any major injury starting for us forsure in 2008. In 2008 and 2009 the LB Core will go under heavy changes do to contracts. Porter, Farrior, Foot, Haggins, James Harrison, Kriedwalt, Rian Wallace, Arnold Harrison all coming up for contracts in 2008 and 2009. Players like Chad Brown who was brought in for injury concerns that we were having ending up on IR will be released this offseason. Farrior will be working on his 11 and 12 season coming up so who know's how much longer he will play. The next two drafts we will be getting LBs forsure to groom and get back depth on ones that we will loose. Defense will be taking a new face of players over the next couple years.
If we can find a young stud to groom next year it would be ideal...Porter will HAVE to play at full potential...he wouldnt want to go into Free Agency with a bad rep and poor numbers...that would be like handing money away.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:50 AM   #9
Infamix
Team President
Supporter
 
Infamix's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,283
Gender: Male
Member Number: 917
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: James Harrison to start next year ???

Guys, I think this is all I have to say:

http://www.machfive.us/video/steeler...rrisonslam.wmv
Infamix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:10 PM   #10
klick81
Team Owner
Supporter
 
klick81's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,683
Member Number: 1396
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: James Harrison to start next year ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamix View Post
Guys, I think this is all I have to say:

http://www.machfive.us/video/steeler...rrisonslam.wmv
That was beautiful!!!
__________________
Ward, after being fined by Goodell on a play that was not penalized:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines Ward
What are you going to say, I was too rough?
klick81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts