Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-09-2007, 04:34 PM   #21
Dynasty
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2396
Default Re: Steelers face many key offseason negotiations

yeahg, willie colon is a badass, even if he is named after the digestive tract. XD
Old 01-09-2007, 04:48 PM   #22
sumo
Team Captain

Member Number: 3047

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
Taylor is already locked up, I think Porter will be gone actually, he wants top money and the Steelers arent going to give it to him.
IMHO, there is no such thing as "locked up" in the NFL - signing bonuses are the only "locked up" part of any contract - if Ike continues to mail it in and the Rooneys find a young guy with promise - Ike will get traded or cut...and like I said before - Porter is all but gone - I see him landing some place like Oakland, Denver, or Miami - the only thing that would save him would be if he took a cut and signed a contract that matches his current abilities and we all know Mr Porter won't do this....however, he could look at his stats this year face reality and at least play out the final year - however, this scenario is highly unlikely...

"The Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ..the Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ...you wanna crown their a--, then crown'em..." Dennis Green - voted Best Damn Quote by Fox Sports and Sumo-2006

Last edited by sumo; 01-09-2007 at 04:53 PM.
sumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 05:38 PM   #23
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390
Smile Re: Steelers face many key offseason negotiations

Quote:
Originally Posted by paw-n-maul-u View Post
there is no way they are going to let Ike go. He didn't have that great of a season but our secondary has so much young talent. mcfadden, taylor, troy and A. smith are all verrrry young and i think we are in really good shape as far as the secondary goes. maybe bring in another corner on day 1 this year to push ricardo/mcfadden/taylor.

I think porter is gone, along with hartings.

Jeez this is going to be such a big draft for us. we don't really have a ton of holes to fill but I'm really excited to see who our coach will be. whoever it is will have a signifigant impact on who we draft. I don't really see us going offense in the first round. We haven't had a round 1 defensive pick since troy. You can bet that will change if rivera is the coach.

DB and OL are top priority in the upcoming draft in my opinion...
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:51 AM   #24
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedosesteelers2006 View Post

DB and OL are top priority in the upcoming draft in my opinion...
what about LB??? as of now the steelers have 4 very average LBs starting. the LBs are the backbone of the steelers 3-4, but they are average and getting old.

no reason to spend early picks on DBs. you have taylor and mcfadden at corner. clark, polamalu for safeties. with smith being groomed.

the OL i agree with. no C, RG or RT. although the RG could probably be filled by kemo. RT seems to be the most imporant hole on the O-line. this assuming of course that okobi plays better than the aging hartings next season.
Steeldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:09 PM   #25
Showdaddeee
Water Boy

Member Number: 4579

Sign Porter, we need his leadership right now and let Max go. Are DB's will be alright after this long season of learning. We need a quality WR with our 15th pick in the draft. Maybe a USC WR hmmmm. You never know.
Showdaddeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 12:39 AM   #26
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,079 Times in 4,583 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showdaddeee View Post
Sign Porter, we need his leadership right now and let Max go. Are DB's will be alright after this long season of learning. We need a quality WR with our 15th pick in the draft. Maybe a USC WR hmmmm. You never know.
c rogers has been cut and possibly m. williams. why dont we pick one of them up and draft someone we can REALLY use?

another 1st round wr??? youve got to be kidding me!

wr is too risky that early although ginn jr sounds nice if we plan on ditching ward for salary cap reasons in a year or 2. im pretty sure that isnt gonna happen unless washington proves to be an adequate and cheap starter
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 10:41 AM   #27
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showdaddeee View Post
since when is porter a leader? why do some fans think porter is a leader because he has a big mouth? if he wants to be a leader then he should lead by example. no more 0 stat games and long loops to the QB. also, porter is going to eat up $6.6 mil of cap room next season. this defense has lacked a leader for quite a long time.

drafted a WR in the first round last year and another in a later round. this is a team, that has 3 spots(C, RG, RT) on the O-line that need improving. who is going to protect the QB and give him enough time to throw to the new WR? also, BR couldn't hit a WR in stride beyond 20 yards if his life depended on it. BR throws the worst long ball in the NFL. always a high, short pass thrown off of his back foot. just like he did in college. the QB coach should address this problem but he doesn't for some reason.
Steeldude is offline   Reply With Quote