Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2005, 01:47 PM   #21
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned
 
BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Central PA.
Posts: 8,144
Gender: Male
Member Number: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Where would the Pats be w/ out Brady?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork
I usually don't talk football, or listen to anyone else talk football once the preseason starts. I rely solely on what I see, and form my own opinions.

However this thread really does my heart good. Brady deserves the kind of respect you're giving him here. I'm glad for him. And in giving him this respect, you make me have a lot of respect for you for being such true fans of the game. This is what I had hoped for when I came in here several months ago. As you probably can tell, I love this game. I got chills up and down my spine when I played it, and I get chills now when I watch good football. It's THE game as far as I'm concerened.

Thanks for making my day.

Well it took ya long enough to thank us!!

Just pickin on ya, but its really true, as much as we all dislike the pats and the rivalry we have w/ you guys is so real and intense..you can't overlook the late round pick that made himself a sensation in this league.

Whats just as amazing is that he doesnt do it w/ stats and big numbers, he just wins.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 08:22 PM   #22
CantStop85
Living Legend
 
CantStop85's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Posts: 3,140
Gender: Male
Member Number: 486
Thanks: 0
Thanked 21 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: Where would the Pats be w/ out Brady?

If you want to read something funny, here ya go:
http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/sho...threadid=12090

Patriot fans lobbying to get rid of Tom Brady and replace him with Matt Leinart's backup who they drafted in the 7th round this year. :D
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 11:38 PM   #23
Dirtywater
Draft Prospect
 
Dirtywater's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 146
Member Number: 434
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Where would the Pats be w/ out Brady?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85
If you want to read something funny, here ya go:
http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/sho...threadid=12090

Patriot fans lobbying to get rid of Tom Brady and replace him with Matt Leinart's backup who they drafted in the 7th round this year. :D

You need to be a member to get it. We constantly joke about this and make threads like this on purpose. It's one of those 'you had to be there' type things.
__________________
Dirtywater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 02:43 PM   #24
Livinginthe past
Living Legend
 
Livinginthe past's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Crushing the AFCE...annually
Posts: 7,520
Member Number: 478
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Where would the Pats be w/ out Brady?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85
If you want to read something funny, here ya go:
http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/sho...threadid=12090

Patriot fans lobbying to get rid of Tom Brady and replace him with Matt Leinart's backup who they drafted in the 7th round this year. :D
I've just set up a new introduction service.....and this looks like my first customer!

Irony, meet Cantstop85........Cantstop85 meet Irony......I know its the first time you guys have met but im sure you will get along just fine now that you been officially introduced!

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 10:46 PM   #25
CantStop85
Living Legend
 
CantStop85's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Posts: 3,140
Gender: Male
Member Number: 486
Thanks: 0
Thanked 21 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: Where would the Pats be w/ out Brady?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
I've just set up a new introduction service.....and this looks like my first customer!

Irony, meet Cantstop85........Cantstop85 meet Irony......I know its the first time you guys have met but im sure you will get along just fine now that you been officially introduced!

NM
Call me stupid, but I saw no irony in that post. Please show me the light.

Perhaps you were searching for sarcasm?
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 11:49 PM   #26
JerseySTEEL
Team Captain
 
JerseySTEEL's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 799
Member Number: 284
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Where would the Pats be w/ out Brady?

The question should be were would the past be with Adam V. since he did win 2 SB for the pats.
__________________
JerseySTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 01:55 AM   #27
Steelersfan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Member Number:
Default Re: Where would the Pats be w/ out Brady?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySTEEL
The question should be were would the past be with Adam V. since he did win 2 SB for the pats.
I'd have to agree with that %100.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 04:02 PM   #28
Livinginthe past
Living Legend
 
Livinginthe past's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Crushing the AFCE...annually
Posts: 7,520
Member Number: 478
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Where would the Pats be w/ out Brady?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85
Call me stupid, but I saw no irony in that post. Please show me the light.

Perhaps you were searching for sarcasm?
Hey stupid! ( Your idea...not mine)

i?ro?ny ( P ) Pronunciation Key (r-n, r-)
n. pl. i?ro?nies

The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.
An expression or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning.
A literary style employing such contrasts for humorous or rhetorical effect. See Synonyms at wit1.

Incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs: ?Hyde noted the irony of Ireland's copying the nation she most hated? (Richard Kain).
An occurrence, result, or circumstance notable for such incongruity. See Usage Note at ironic.


I hope this clears things up for you.

Dictionary.com are the proud sponsors of this message from Livinginthe past.

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 04:04 PM   #29
Livinginthe past
Living Legend
 
Livinginthe past's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Crushing the AFCE...annually
Posts: 7,520
Member Number: 478
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Where would the Pats be w/ out Brady?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySTEEL
The question should be were would the past be with Adam V. since he did win 2 SB for the pats.
Hey man - thats so perceptive.

You gotta hand it to Vinatieri - he tackles like a dervish and his passing for them TD's was just sublime....and his running...well im speechless.

Using backhanded compliments as a way of laying smack is sneaky - but extremely obvious to the fan of a team who has been damned by faint praise for the last 4 years.


NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 09:30 PM   #30
CantStop85
Living Legend
 
CantStop85's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Posts: 3,140
Gender: Male
Member Number: 486
Thanks: 0
Thanked 21 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: Where would the Pats be w/ out Brady?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Hey stupid! ( Your idea...not mine)

i?ro?ny ( P ) Pronunciation Key (r-n, r-)
n. pl. i?ro?nies

The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.
An expression or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning.
A literary style employing such contrasts for humorous or rhetorical effect. See Synonyms at wit1.

Incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs: ?Hyde noted the irony of Ireland's copying the nation she most hated? (Richard Kain).
An occurrence, result, or circumstance notable for such incongruity. See Usage Note at ironic.


I hope this clears things up for you.

Dictionary.com are the proud sponsors of this message from Livinginthe past.

NM
Right...

I know what irony means. I meant that I wanted you to point out the irony in the post for me. Thank you.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts