Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 08-17-2005, 12:08 AM   #31
Steelersfan

Member Number:
Default Re: Where would the Pats be w/ out Brady?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Hey man - thats so perceptive.

You gotta hand it to Vinatieri - he tackles like a dervish and his passing for them TD's was just sublime....and his running...well im speechless.

Using backhanded compliments as a way of laying smack is sneaky - but extremely obvious to the fan of a team who has been damned by faint praise for the last 4 years.

NM
Hey, why don't you go ask the Jets and Chargers if they would want Vinitieri on there team now.
It's not taking anything away from the rest of the team. Vinitieri also kicked the game winner (in the snow no less) in the infamous "tuck rule" game. So ya! He is a big reason (not the only one but BIG) the Pats have won 2 of those SB's.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:47 AM   #32
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342

Ever notice how fast they sign Vinitieri when his contract is up? In about 5 minutes. We know what we have. He's the best money kicker to ever step onto a football field.
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 07:19 AM   #33
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109

I think Brady should get most of the credit. True Adam hit the kicks. the big problem is that we can't sit easy with NE or give them as much praise as thye would like because they let teams lose games as much as NE wins them. Sometimes you look at the stat sheet and say how did NE win by so much? They just kinda gambled and said you know what, we think you will do something wrong before us. Like the Panthers kicking the ball out of bounds in the SB. That game wasn't dominated by the Patriots, but they still let the other team make the last mistake.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:05 PM   #34
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcitychef
I think Brady should get most of the credit. True Adam hit the kicks. the big problem is that we can't sit easy with NE or give them as much praise as thye would like because they let teams lose games as much as NE wins them. Sometimes you look at the stat sheet and say how did NE win by so much? They just kinda gambled and said you know what, we think you will do something wrong before us. Like the Panthers kicking the ball out of bounds in the SB. That game wasn't dominated by the Patriots, but they still let the other team make the last mistake.
The Patriots don't win because they're way more talented than the other team, they win because they make the least mistakes. They execute their plays the right way and take care of the football. It's all about execution.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 09:52 PM   #35
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342

You put the Patriots up on the board, and go through their roster. You'll see one solid NFL player(B) after another. There are teams that have a couple more A players, but we have as many B+, and B players as anyone, and more then most.
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 02:20 PM   #36
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85
Right...

I know what irony means. I meant that I wanted you to point out the irony in the post for me. Thank you.

Ho Hum...ok then 85....listen up.

Incongruity between what might be expect and what actually occurs. (The definition of irony that you are allegedly aware of)

Patsfan No.1 quote :

Brady vs Cassell

I think it is obvious that Cassell has all the tools that Brady does, except he can also run like Michael Vick. I think it is time to sit old man Brady and start the kid.

Thoughts?

Patsfan quote No.2 :

Brady's trade value has never been higher. The Pats may be able to convince a desperate team to send a conditional 2nd rounder our way

Want me to go on?

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 10:24 PM   #37
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Please do...reading your responses in this thread showed me that the Pats love you have is much less about facts and figures, and much more about the crazy man-love you have for the team, and especially Brady.

Brady is a pretty vanilla dude, or has been...then he went on SNL, and then he stated that he thought he could be a player coach, since the OC position in NE is still weirdly up in the air.

Is he buying into his own bullshit yet? Is he thinking he's a star? Will this affect his '05 performance? Just more questions on an expanding list of questions the Pats will have to answer this year...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 11:57 PM   #38
Dirtywater
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 434

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
Please do...reading your responses in this thread showed me that the Pats love you have is much less about facts and figures, and much more about the crazy man-love you have for the team, and especially Brady.

Brady is a pretty vanilla dude, or has been...then he went on SNL, and then he stated that he thought he could be a player coach, since the OC position in NE is still weirdly up in the air.

Is he buying into his own bullshit yet? Is he thinking he's a star? Will this affect his '05 performance? Just more questions on an expanding list of questions the Pats will have to answer this year...

It's only football guy, relax. Even if we don't win, we've had a hell of a ride with these guys. life goes on, I promise you, lol.

The pressure to win is on you guys. We've won three out of the last four. You've been on the cusp for about a deacde and haven't done it. I'd spend less time worrying about the Pats and more on your own Golden Boy, who from all reports has his own teammates disliking him.

Cheers.
Old 09-03-2005, 12:23 AM   #39
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Yes the pressure is on us, I'll agree w/ you there... but there's no valid reports of anybody team mate of Ben disliking him at all. He's loved the by city,and the team and coaches believe in him.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 03:27 PM   #40
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim

Suitanim,

I wish you hadn't lowered yourself (pardon the pun) into referring to my appreciation of Tom Brady's immense talents in some sort of homosexual context.

Can I not say that I think he is the best QB in the league without people like you telling me I want his children?

Although now I mention it - he does have a great ass!

If all a NFL team has to worry about is nonsense rhetorical questions of the ilk you typed above then they would have VERY LITTLE to worry about.

Im sure you must be aware of the weakness in your knock-kneed arguments.....

NM

Last edited by Livinginthe past; 09-03-2005 at 03:34 PM.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote