Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-10-2007, 02:16 PM   #31
Hines0wnz
Living Legend

Member Number: 3085
Default Re: Florida VS Ohio State

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedosesteelers2006 View Post

Hey... HinesOwnz
where is all the Buckeyes stuff at the bottom of your threads? What a joke of a stand your team made last night... Maybe Boise St. did deserve to play the Gators for the tittle game last night....TROY WHO? Nothing personal... just think that is pretty clear that the Buckeyes were really not prepared for that Gator speed...
They lost and its over. They were not prepared and listened to the hype which made them think they were just going to win by dressing and showing up.

Gator speed? Not something I really saw, more like Gator deception. No long balls and no running game, it was all dink and dunk in the zones. Florida found a flaw that no one else could expose all year and they absolutely executed their cutie game plan to perfection. Had Florida played Boise State it would have been the "Trick Bowl" for sure.

Like I had said in my other post, the FSU-UF Sugar Bowl in 1997 was about a gimmick-type game plan. Wuerffel threw nothing but quick slants the whole game. FSU isnt a slow team, FYI and Ohio State isnt a blubbering slow team itself. They just got outplayed.

I guess its easy to hate other teams when NC isnt exactly known for its football prowess.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:39 PM   #32
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines0wnz View Post
They lost and its over. They were not prepared and listened to the hype which made them think they were just going to win by dressing and showing up.

Gator speed? Not something I really saw, more like Gator deception. No long balls and no running game, it was all dink and dunk in the zones. Florida found a flaw that no one else could expose all year and they absolutely executed their cutie game plan to perfection. Had Florida played Boise State it would have been the "Trick Bowl" for sure.

Like I had said in my other post, the FSU-UF Sugar Bowl in 1997 was about a gimmick-type game plan. Wuerffel threw nothing but quick slants the whole game. FSU isnt a slow team, FYI and Ohio State isnt a blubbering slow team itself. They just got outplayed.

I guess its easy to hate other teams when NC isnt exactly known for its football prowess.

Gator Speed ! YES! Thier defensive ends were so fast that three d linemen dominated the five offensive linemen from OSU. The only good drive of the game for the buckeyes, they left a TE to block, and a back in the backfield. Then it worked so they changed and went back to a spread set. The freshman runng back from Fla, looks to be the fastest athlete I ever seen
Old 01-10-2007, 04:11 PM   #33
meanjoecoop
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 2221

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedosesteelers2006 View Post
Maybe Boise St. did deserve to play the Gators for the tittle game last night....

...was that on the Spice channel? Cuz I didnt see it on any of the regular networks.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:28 PM   #34
I.C. Lights
Starter

Member Number: 530

I have to say that I wasn't that surprised with Florida winning, I was just suprised by the way in which they won. Funny how you take away Ted Ginn, Jr. and Troy Smith is no longer the second coming. Anyway, I think OSU still deserves to be #2 because they remain an amazing team, they just had their bad day during the championship. After that LSU (which I think could easily beat the "co-champs" Boise St). Just my $.02.
I.C. Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 05:20 PM   #35
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

After a long evaluation, I've drawn a few conclusions...

First off, "Florida Speed" is not the reason the Bucks lost. Position by position, the OSU players will almost all make better NFL players, and were every bit as fast as Florida. The key was UF's DE's v OSU's OT's. Illinois gave them a bit of trouble, and they were DE's cut from the same cloth. Even though he's a hated man in Florida, Ron Zook recruited those kids and called it correctly: Presciently he said that UF's DE's would tear up OSU's tackles, and he was right. With Ginn (Smith's favorite and most reliable target) out, UF was able to double team Gonzalez, and it threw the OSU O into disarray.

Offensively, Florida had a great gameplan, and all they had to do was use a short field. They kept the Bucks off-balance for the entire first half, and stunned them in a way no one else had all season.

The REAL reason the Bucks lost was overconfidence and coaching.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote