Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-13-2007, 10:10 AM   #11
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498
Default Re: WR Calvin Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillers#1 View Post
no.no.no.no.no.no.no.no.no

Get it through your head people the skill positions on O are not our weak spots. I'm sure everyone wants us to draft someone "high-profile" so they can have another jersey to buy, but we need O-line, CB, LB (not in any specific order)

Stillers your are correct that we have other needs that take precedence over the position (WR). However,.....what i think some of us are trying to say is that,.... you do not pass on a player like Calvin Johnson if your are in the position to "pull the trigger" so to speak.

"Hail Caesar,......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 04:27 PM   #12
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

Quote:
no.no.no.no.no.no.no.no.no

Get it through your head people the skill positions on O are not our weak spots. I'm sure everyone wants us to draft someone "high-profile" so they can have another jersey to buy, but we need O-line, CB, LB (not in any specific order)

If Johnson is still available the Steelers would be nuts to pass him up.. but it Will Not Happen, so dont worry about it.. the only way the Steelers have a chance to get him is to trade up and I dont really C them doing that ...
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 09:17 PM   #13
Stillers#1
Banned

Member Number: 1082

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCzar76 View Post
Stillers your are correct that we have other needs that take precedence over the position (WR). However,.....what i think some of us are trying to say is that,.... you do not pass on a player like Calvin Johnson if your are in the position to "pull the trigger" so to speak.

There is only one reason to take Johnson, and that is to trade him. No other viable reason.
Stillers#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 05:56 PM   #14
Stillers43
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 2322

We'll never get him, but he is going to be great!

HERE WE GO STEELERS! HERE WE GO!
Stillers43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 01:04 PM   #15
Dylan
Starter

Member Number: 3276

I think he will turn out to be a great player. He has a great personality unlike williams and burress not like that matters but he is going to be a very solid player in the NFL
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 05:57 PM   #16
jethro1925
Water Boy

Member Number: 5032

He is the best receiver out there and its too bad that the Steelers cant get him.
jethro1925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 05:36 PM   #17
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

Quote:
There is only one reason to take Johnson, and that is to trade him. No other viable reason.

You dont draft a guy like this to trade him, NO WAY!
He is gonna be pretty good I think and I hope the very best for
him myself...
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:41 PM   #18
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCzar76 View Post
Your right on both accounts. I agree with Stillers on our needs. However, if someone of that talent fell to us, we would be foolish not to take him and then try to build through FA.

After all, Hines is now in his 3rd year of the NEW contract. He only has a few more years in the NFL. We need to start thinking about picking another receiver over the next couple years to groom with Holmes, so that we can have a solid one-two-punch.. maybe even 3 with our TE.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 02:39 PM   #19
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Your right on both accounts. I agree with Stillers on our needs. However, if someone of that talent fell to us, we would be foolish not to take him and then try to build through FA.

After all, Hines is now in his 3rd year of the NEW contract. He only has a few more years in the NFL. We need to start thinking about picking another receiver over the next couple years to groom with Holmes, so that we can have a solid one-two-punch.. maybe even 3 with our TE.
Man you are on the money Preacher...there are a few players that we would be very foolish to pass on if they fell to us..regardless of our needs:

Thomas...Johnson....Peterson...Adams....
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 02:09 AM   #20
Anthony_Smith27
Banned

Member Number: 4935

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32 View Post
I agree Czar this kid is going to be great. Like you said he is Randy Moss/TO without the headache that comes along with those guys. He won't be there at 15 but if he was I'm sorry the Steelers should draft him.lol
not only should the steelers draft him if hell were to freeze over and he'd be there, but the 14 gm/coaches that passed on him should be fired on the spot for letting him fall to number 15

and for the comments that the raiders are gonna draft him and ruin him. i don't think they will draft him however he's the type of player that will make everyone better, they won't ruin him, he'd make the raiders respectable, that's how great this dude is gonna be, because of what others said he's randy moss/t.o. without the headaches and baggage. his work ethic and his god given talent is gonna take him far and any team he is on is already at least 5-7 games better than they were last year

Last edited by Anthony_Smith27; 02-22-2007 at 02:12 AM.
Anthony_Smith27 is offline   Reply With Quote